There are a few additional rules in place in the North American Forum:
1. Professionalism. In order to ensure quality discussion, please conduct yourself in a professional manner. Try to limit your use of profane language.
2. Relevance. Keep your topics within the scope of this Forum. Regardless of your own personal definition of the region, for the purposes of this Forum, North America includes Canada, the United States, and Mexico, Central America, and parts of Northern South America. As such, this Forum is suitable for issues that are focused within this region. There are other forums on the board that are more suitable for issues that pertain to a different region, or reach a broader geographical area.
- Hint: Given the makeup of North America, chances are that if your post is about a war, it belongs in another forum.
3. Respect. There will be absolutely zero tolerance for offensive behavior. Debate and argument will be directed toward issues and post content, not toward other forum members or political organizations. Direct personal or organizational attacks will be reported to forum Administration and removed from the North America Forum. Posts directed at another user (as opposed to that user's comments or ideas) will also be removed.
North American Forum, Rule 3 Addendum: The mods of the North American forum shall, at THEIR sole discretion, be authorized by the forum administration to delete/edit/remove and/or otherwise warn any user in this forum who "games" The Politics Forum's Rule 2 by either regularly feuding (defined as the mods see fit) with specific users, Continuous use of discourteous (defined as the mod sees fit) language directed toward another user or even another user's argument or stance when such discourteousness can reasonably be seen as a "gaming" of the Politics Forum's Rule 2. This addendum goes into effect immediately. Users should expect posts that violate this addendum to be deleted without warning, moved, and perhaps to have a warning issued and/or the matter passed on the administration for other discipline.
4. Value Added. The ultimate goal of the majority of our members is to voice their opinions about various issues and engage in constructive debate. Please let this be your ultimate aim when starting a new thread. Avoid posting lengthy articles without including your reason for making the post and your own personal thoughts on the piece. If your overriding motivation for posting is to 'get a charge' out of another member, please don't.
5. Proper Sourcing. It is not a requirement to base your posts in this forum on a published work. However, if you employ information collected by someone other than yourself, or use another's ideas in furthering your point, it is a requirement that you provide a link to the internet site you acquired the information from, or an explanation of its origin (if it was not retrieved online). If you are prompted for evidence to support a claim, do your best to provide it. If you question the impartiality of another member's source, either provide evidence of the impartiality, or present a logical argument.
6. Accusations of Bias: While posting in this forum it is completely inappropriate to respond to mod decisions with accusations of bias or suggesting there are plots by moderators against users. Such manipulation has been used extensively in the past to sow discord and strife in the forum at large. As such the administration will not tolerate it on any level. There is a process in place where one can be reasonable and present a case of suspected bias in moderation in the Appeals sub-forum in the Basement. Anyone NOT following this proper procedure for reporting suspected bias (by either badgering mods in on-topic threads or via pm) shall expect to be yellow carded if not already on a yellow card, and should expect to be red carded if already on yellow. Should a user wrack up multiple red card violations for continued, similar accusations of bias, said user should expect longer and longer red card duration each time a new red card is earned.
Note: Anything above in bold, when violated, constitute grounds for deletion of posts without warning, and if deemed a large enough violation can result in 1) Mod Warnings, 2) Report to the Administration, 3) Yellow and/or Red cards (as would be determined by the admin team).
To those of you that constantly find ways to bake ad hom insults into your posts: We may elect at any time to delete your post or any portion of it with no warning given whatsoever. If you're bold enough to flame or ad hom, you're a big enough boy/girl to understand why this will happen. The PoFo NA mods consider that, the end of the discussion.
So, basically, if you want to break forum rules within your posts, you will seriously run the risk of losing everything you said within those posts.
From now on, the following posts can be deleted without question and without recourse:
1) Posts containing only one line of text.
2) Posts containing a pasted article with no accompanying analysis by the poster.
3) Post containing links to YouTube videos that have no apparent relevance to the topic.
4) Posts containing images that have no apparent relevance to the topic.
This document may be added to or expanded upon periodically as is deemed necessary by the PoFo NA mod team.
EDIT: We are taking requests for relevant legal documents for the nations of the United States, Canada, and Mexico. If you'd like to request a document, please do so by pm to Zagadka or Bulaba Jones! Please include the link to the document in your pm, and explain why you'd like to see it added to the sticky. (Hopefully, most reasons will be obvious) Please note we are only going to sticky national documents, as space does not allow for the posting of every state or provincial constitution.
Demo Edit: We'd like to thank Gnote for his aid in writing the original document, which has been left largely intact, but which has been edited somewhat. All hail the great white Northman!