NSW bans Gender Theory in classrooms - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Japan to Turkmenistan to New Zealand.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Cultural Marxism was never going to work though, you can't overthrow capitalism by messing up people's cultural values. You can mess up people's cultural values, twist them until they stop being functional, especially if you can get at them while they are young, hence the focus on education for cultural marxists, but this will do nothing to damage commerce to the point where it is irretrievably broken, it just makes a lot of really weak people say crazy shit on tumblr.

A global nuclear war would be the only way to have a shot at completely overthrowing capitalism, if there is no one alive then sure as shit stinks there will be no trade, no private property either. That is the only communism you people are ever going to get and you wouldn't be alive to enjoy it.

So why bother trying to bend the gender of children in the first place?
I will never understand why so many people get upset over genderqueer people or trans people.

OMG! That person over there is not conforming to some binary model! Even though it harms no one, I am very upset!
Pants-of-dog wrote:I will never understand why so many people get upset over genderqueer people or trans people.

OMG! That person over there is not conforming to some binary model! Even though it harms no one, I am very upset!

Why are these gender people so interested in teaching their nonsense to children?
Pants-of-dog wrote:I will never understand why so many people get upset over genderqueer people or trans people.

It harms a lot of people who do not accept them as part of their belief culture and are legally forced to ignore their own beliefs for the others. You are just back to which is more important, the individual or the community?
maz wrote:Why are these gender people so interested in teaching their nonsense to children?

Why do you care?

--------------

One Degree wrote:It harms a lot of people who do not accept them as part of their belief culture and are legally forced to ignore their own beliefs for the others.

How are they harmed?
How are they harmed?

I believe all communities have a right to their prejudices. It is part of what makes up a community. Would you find it harmful to have KKK people living in your community? How about Nazis, cannibals, polygamists, jihadist etc.? We all draw lines for our prejudices. You just don't like the lines some people choose. I feel they have a right to choose what their community accepts and rejects. The world is big enough for all of us. We don't all need to live together.
If the only harm is to the prejudices of people, then there is no significant harm.

Especially considering the amount of harm caused by prejudice. When you compare what you gain with what you lose, this is a no-brainer.
Pants-of-dog wrote:If the only harm is to the prejudices of people, then there is no significant harm.

Especially considering the amount of harm caused by prejudice. When you compare what you gain with what you lose, this is a no-brainer.

Only to people who are stuck on the idea that individual rights are more important than community rights. :roll:
Individual rights having priority only works if your ultimate goal is one world government where no one has any rights. There is no end to the disadvantaged groups that must be given consideration in your line of thinking. The end result is the complete breakdown of community.
Apart from some general issues related to the Gender Identity Disorder (GID) diagnosis, such as whether it should stay in the DSM-V or not, a number of problems specifically relate to the current criteria of the GID diagnosis for adolescents and adults. These problems concern the confusion caused by similarities and differences of the terms transsexualism and GID, the inability of the current criteria to capture the whole spectrum of gender variance phenomena, the potential risk of unnecessary physically invasive examinations to rule out intersex conditions (disorders of sex development), the necessity of the D criterion (distress and impairment), and the fact that the diagnosis still applies to those who already had hormonal and surgical treatment. If the diagnosis should not be deleted from the DSM, most of the criticism could be addressed in the DSM-V if the diagnosis would be renamed, the criteria would be adjusted in wording, and made more stringent. However, this would imply that the diagnosis would still be dichotomous and similar to earlier DSM versions. Another option is to follow a more dimensional approach, allowing for different degrees of gender dysphoria depending on the number of indicators. Considering the strong resistance against sexuality related specifiers, and the relative difficulty assessing sexual orientation in individuals pursuing hormonal and surgical interventions to change physical sex characteristics, it should be investigated whether other potentially relevant specifiers (e.g., onset age) are more appropriate.
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/ae51/8 ... a8c237.pdf

Gender fluidity is academically called gender dysphoria or gender identity disorder (GID). People who have gender dysphoria feel strongly that they are not the gender they physically appear to be. Probably school textbooks should clarify this issue by teaching what this psychotic disorder means to pupils. It's largely a mental issue and there is no biological basis for gender dysphoria.
Pants-of-dog wrote:How are they harmed?

These people and people in general, don't exist in a bubble. They affect the lives of everyone around them whether you want to admit it or not.

[ulr=http://www.inquisitr.com/1715736/transgender-teen-leelah-acorn-kills-himself-by-walking-in-front-of-semi-truck-blames-christian-parents-in-viral-suicide-note/]Transgender teen commits suicide by walking in front of truck[/url]

Transgender teen Leelah Alcorn killed herself by jumping in front of a semi during the early hours on Sunday morning in Warren County, along highway I-71. The 17-year-old Ohio teen left a suicide note blaming her Christian parents for her death. Leelah was upset that her parents would not allow her to get the gender transitioning surgery she desired.
One Degree wrote:Only to people who are stuck on the idea that individual rights are more important than community rights. :roll:
Individual rights having priority only works if your ultimate goal is one world government where no one has any rights. There is no end to the disadvantaged groups that must be given consideration in your line of thinking. The end result is the complete breakdown of community.

This has nothing to do with what I said. You are simply interjecting your ideology where it is not relevant.

The existence and acceptance of trans and genderqueer people causes no harm other than to people's prejudices.

People's prejudices cause harm in many ways. When it comes to trans and genderqueer people, this means assault, rape, killings, homelessness, and a whole host of other problems caused by prejudice.

If the argument is that I have to choose one or the other, the former choice is the obvious one.

----------------

maz wrote:
Transgender teen commits suicide by walking in front of truck

Thank you. This completely supports my point that it is prejudice that causes harm.
Pants-of-dog wrote:This has nothing to do with what I said. You are simply interjecting your ideology where it is not relevant.

The existence and acceptance of trans and genderqueer people causes no harm other than to people's prejudices.

People's prejudices cause harm in many ways. When it comes to trans and genderqueer people, this means assault, rape, killings, homelessness, and a whole host of other problems caused by prejudice.

If the argument is that I have to choose one or the other, the former choice is the obvious one.

----------------

Thank you. This completely supports my point that it is prejudice that causes harm.

You simply ignore the fact that it is not up to you to decide if others believe something is harmful or not. You ignored my questions about whether you would object to certain groups. I object to a person deciding what restroom they should use based on what they feel their gender is when my grand kids may be using that restroom. Only a very naive person would not see a potential for harm to others from this situation.
One Degree wrote:You simply ignore the fact that it is not up to you to decide if others believe something is harmful or not.

This has nothing to do with what people believe.

On the one hand, you have people who are only harmed in that they are less prejudiced.

On the other hand, you have people killing, raping, and beating in the name of these prejudices.

If you want to believe that the latter is equal to the former, or somehow less harmful, go ahead, but that is ridiculous.

You ignored my questions about whether you would object to certain groups. I object to a person deciding what restroom they should use based on what they feel their gender is when my grand kids may be using that restroom. Only a very naive person would not see a potential for harm to others from this situation.

Yes, your fear. Great argument.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Thank you. This completely supports my point that it is prejudice that causes harm.

Wow, parent's not wanting their son to pretend to be a girl, let alone not wanting to pay to have their son castrated and pumped full of hormones and other drugs, is prejudice?
maz wrote:Wow, parent's not wanting their son to pretend to be a girl, let alone not wanting to pay to have their son castrated and pumped full of hormones and other drugs, is prejudice?

This is a poor description of events. But, yes.

I suggest reading the whole article.
He knows what he's doing, he didn't "truly" believe the lies of infowars, he's just being a realpolitik.

:lol:

Still so innocent. You don't know the 1/100th of it.

Third Term:
Students aged between sixteen and eighteen are subjected to the state’s compulsory sex education programme and they have found something inappropriate in the Education Department’s ‘Teacher Toolbox’ resource. One of the toolbox’s sections, portrayed as an LGBTI anti-bullying campaign, teaches gender fluidity to schoolchildren. Probably the author of this 16-page leaflet is a LGBT activist and she tried to normalise being gays and lesbians in order to protect them from bullies. Teaching the concept of gender fluidity
Gender fluidity is academically called gender dysphoria or gender identity disorder (GID). People who have gender dysphoria feel strongly that they are not the gender they physically appear to be. Probably school textbooks should clarify this issue by teaching what this psychotic disorder means to pupils. It's largely a mental issue and there is no biological basis for gender dysphoria.

Kaisershmarrn:
It's pretty well established that biological processes influence how we feel, e.g. dopamine levels, and how we think, e.g. psychiatric conditions (we wouldn't be able to successfully treat people's paranoia with drugs if it didn't have a biological basis). Of course, our knowledge is far from exhaustive.
As for gender identity and being born in the wrong body, some biological processes go wrong, perhaps during development. There may not be a single cause either.

Frollein:
Anyway, anybody else find it ironic that instead of having two broad genders where you can fit in regardless of your individual idiosyncracies (I was a tomboy wearing jeans and climbing trees, and I'm good with machines, and still I feel nicely at home in the oh-gosh-binary category of 'woman'), you now have dozens of narrowly defined "genders," but are told that you have now much greater freedom?

One Degree:
Gender identity is only an issue if you accept the idea of the individual being of paramount importance. How an individual feels about their sexual identity is of no importance to the success of the human race. We have two sexes to produce offspring to continue the human race. Deviations from this are an individual’s problem and should be dealt with by that individual. Society has no need to make concessions for them, as they are only beneficial as a male or female.

Pants-of-dog:

Very good. Will serve my article well. I am covering this story for a start-up news site. Just letting you know your thoughts and comments will be included in the content of the article. Unlike fake news I won't spin your viewpoints out of context.
"Pants-of-dog"]This has nothing to do with what people believe.

Really? :?: What matters if not for how people feel?

On the one hand, you have people who are only harmed in that they are less prejudiced.

:?: I have no idea how this is possible or makes sense.

On the other hand, you have people killing, raping, and beating in the name of these prejudices.

This is not the 1930's. :roll:
If you want to believe that the latter is equal to the former, or somehow less harmful, go ahead, but that is ridiculous.

Lost still. Are you talking about individual rights versus community rights, but for some reason can't actually say it? :?:

Yes, your fear. Great argument.

Yes, it is. People like to avoid things they fear. It is a pretty good idea most of the time.
One Degree wrote:Really? :?: What matters if not for how people feel?

Actual oppression, instead of just having hurt feelings because your prejudices are not coddled.

:?: I have no idea how this is possible or makes sense.

Really? I thought it was simple. I asked how people are harmed by the existence and acceptance of trans people. You answered that their prejudices are harmed.

This is not the 1930's. :roll:

I know. Trans people are getting raped, killed, and beaten today.

Lost still. Are you talking about individual rights versus community rights, but for some reason can't actually say it? :?:

No, I am not talking about individual versus community rights because that discussion is completely irrelevant.

I am talking about whether we should choose to coddle people's prejudices, or if we should fight those prejudices. Coddling them means we tacitly allow rapes, killings and beatings. If we fight these prejudices, it means more people get to live their lives without being raped or beaten or killed, and the only harm is done to prejudices.

Yes, it is. People like to avoid things they fear. It is a pretty good idea most of the time.

Not in this case.

Yeah, I'm in Maine. I have met Jimjam, but haven'[…]

No, you can't make that call without seeing the ev[…]

The people in the Synagogue, at Charlottesville, […]

@Deutschmania Not if the 70% are American and[…]