Krakatoa causes tsunami - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Japan to Turkmenistan to New Zealand.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By ness31
https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/more- ... 50o2l.html

Honestly, I don’t know why humans get all angsty about erratic leaders “pushing the button” when Mother Nature does it all on her own on a regular basis.

I did some light reading about the 1883 eruption and I just about shit my pants. Not only that, but where I live (a neighbouring continent) we have been recording unusual seismic activity that’s almost reported in a lighthearted jocular fashion. Surely it must be related to what’s going on in Indo? Surely!

And yet the bogans still go over in droves. :?:
skinster wrote:Over 400 dead. :eek:

It seems like natural disasters are the new normal, if this year is anything to go by.

Natural Disasters have always been frequent occurances worldwide. Australia is lucky because we only get two frequent natural Disasters. Bushfires and fucken Cyclones.

And maybe the occasional minor earthquake.
colliric wrote:Natural Disasters have always been frequent occurances worldwide. Australia is lucky because we only get two frequent natural Disasters. Bushfires and fucken Cyclones.

You forget Mel Gibson :lol:
By ness31
colliric wrote:Natural Disasters have always been frequent occurances worldwide. Australia is lucky because we only get two frequent natural Disasters. Bushfires and fucken Cyclones.

The world won’t be so lucky if there is a repeat of 1883 where the skies darkened globally along with a drop in temperature.
I felt idiotic for not knowing that stuff, but then, not so bad, when I realised they were rebuilding in the very same crater created 130 something years ago..
skinster wrote:Over 400 dead. :eek:

It seems like natural disasters are the new normal, if this year is anything to go by.

Natural disasters have always been the old normal as well as the new normal, skinster. In the long term, we're just as fucked as the dinos.
Who would have thought living on top of a molten core could be dangerous? :)

He did not occupy czechoslovakia. The people ther[…]

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just ha[…]