Okinawa opposes US bases again - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Japan to Turkmenistan to New Zealand.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
The US has a lease agreement with the government of Cuba--the one that was overthrown by the Castro dictatorship.

Always seemed funny to me, that the lease agreement has been ho?nored by both Fidel's Cuba and the United States, among a number of other strange anomalies about the US/Cuba relationship, like an obvious one to me of; why didn't the Cuban exiles just invade Cuba directly through the US Guantanamo Bay?

I don't know, the whole thing seemed fake and surreal to me.
blackjack21 wrote:The US has a lease agreement with the government of Cuba--the one that was overthrown by the Castro dictatorship.

It's no longer legal that lease.

blackjack21 wrote:The UN does not dictate US foreign policy.

The UN is the only legitimate institution that can have a say over international matters.

The US has acted like a hardened criminal at state level for a long time, simply because there hasn't been anyone strong enough to police the acts of the US. But this is likely to change in the next few decades.

A gentle tongue speaks many languages.. :lol:[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Assuming it's true. What a jackass. It's like tho[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]