Japan: probably the most hypocritical country - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Japan to Turkmenistan to New Zealand.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
During my Tokyo vacation, I met several Japanese who opened my eyes to the real life of modern Japanese people.

So, being at school they are modest students, at their working places they are responsible and polite employees, being at home they are “keepers” of family happiness. And in their free time they behave like real perverts (I think you know what I mean).

The question arises: how can I trust someone who hypocrites daily and leads a double life? Everything that is accepted and legal in the country is supported by the gov, which is most likely as perverted as its people.

Maybe that's why the Japanese are so fiercely willing to stand out among all other nations? I mean economic development, the desire for military independence, the seizure of foreign territories (the Russian Kuril Islands, the Korean archipelago of Dokdo, etc.). Or what?

A Korean actress posted Instagram photos to claim the ownership of the Dokdo islets, which angered her Japanese fans. South Korean F-15K jets patrolled over the disputed islets called Dokdo in Korea and Takeshima in Japan, which are controlled by South Korea and claimed by Japan. Realistically, Japan can never take Dokdo back. The rocky islets were forcibly incorporated into Japan's territory following the Japanese colonization, but the couple of islets were returned to South Korea after the peninsula's independence in 1945 from the colonial rule.

Japan had a fish processing facility on Dokdo during the colonial era and the islets were left uninhabited for many decades after the fish plant ceased its operations and completely forgotten, which means that the Dokdo islets didn't have any territorial significance to Japan. Many South Korean tourists visit Dokdo just to show their patriotism to the country but there is nothing to see there. The stupidity of extreme patriotism was described as Anti-Japan Tribalism by the bestselling book in South Korea.

A sharp increase in the popularity of Japan-related books in recent months is a good example. Among the top books is one titled Anti-Japan Tribalism. The book, which consists of three main chapters, criticizes the conventional perception and knowledge of South Korean society regarding the Japanese colonial era.

It was a best seller at several major bookstores in the country in July and August. At Bandi & Lunis, one of the largest booksellers in South Korea, the book topped the list of best-selling books for seven weeks at 13 branches across the country in the past two months.

https://thediplomat.com/2019/10/south-k ... tween-two/

Trump and Biden have big differences on some issue[…]

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]