Mayor of Auckland Enforces New Lockdown Over Just 4 Cases Of Coronavirus - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Japan to Turkmenistan to New Zealand.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
#15112813
maz wrote:New insanity emerges from government. A forcing people to stay home is not a realistic measure for anything.



I remember the prime minister of NZ dressed as a Muslim woman to give a speech. They are SJWish over there. Guns were immediately banned after ONE shooting.
#15112817
You got to have big balls to criticize a country that has had superb results and managed 3 months without a case, clearly, this had to come from outside. A handful of days to avoid the chaos that ensued in European countries and now in the US is worthwhile.
But offcourse, they are doing this because they are democrats and want to hurt Trump :lol: :violin:
#15112821
XogGyux wrote:You got to have big balls to criticize a country that has had superb results and managed 3 months without a case, clearly, this had to come from outside. A handful of days to avoid the chaos that ensued in European countries and now in the US is worthwhile.
But offcourse, they are doing this because they are democrats and want to hurt Trump :lol: :violin:




Apparently it came from a family who visited the southern part of the island and then returned home to the north. Is that the outside?

Lockdowns are retarded. One family tests positive so everyone else who didn't test positive is held responsible for the ones that did and are forced to stay home.

It is collective punishment, and the government gets to assume a false moral authority and pretend that they are doing something without actually doing anything.
#15112825
XogGyux wrote:You got to have big balls to criticize a country that has had superb results and managed 3 months without a case, clearly, this had to come from outside. A handful of days to avoid the chaos that ensued in European countries and now in the US is worthwhile.
But offcourse, they are doing this because they are democrats and want to hurt Trump :lol: :violin:

NZ does well because is a small nation with high end citizens. New York would have done as well if they did not have loads of poor uneducated people living in closed cramped spaces. That does not change the fact that the prime minister is an SJW virtue signaling machine.
#15112828
maz wrote:It is collective punishment, and the government gets to assume a false moral authority and pretend that they are doing something without actually doing anything.

That logic is crap.
It's the equivalent of saying.
Only one of the 100 people that drove at 150mph caused a crash... just punish that guy, why punish the rest.
Only one drunk guy of the 100 drunk guys that drove home crashed a car... just punish that guy, why punish the rest.

Except this is not about punishment. This is about what we know/understand about a disease, and about public health.
Tell you what... when you start going naked into the streets demanding to have your freedom to never wear cloth again anywhere then I'd believe that you are serious about what you are saying. I will also know that you are completely cuckoo, but at least I'd know you are sincere. I cannot take you seriously when all you do is parrot some nonsense that you heard on FOX. :lol:
#15112829
Julian658 wrote:NZ does well because is a small nation with high end citizens. New York would have done as well if they did not have loads of poor uneducated people living in closed cramped spaces. That does not change the fact that the prime minister is an SJW virtue signaling machine.

What's your problem dude.. Somehow you always try to find the race/sjw angle to everything even when it is clearly nonsense. It is amusing sometimes, but after a while, it just gets boring and dumb.
#15112836
XogGyux wrote:That logic is crap.
It's the equivalent of saying.
Only one of the 100 people that drove at 150mph caused a crash... just punish that guy, why punish the rest.
Only one drunk guy of the 100 drunk guys that drove home crashed a car... just punish that guy, why punish the rest.


Not a very good analogy. Police don't go rounding up every guy who is speeding down the highway. They usually just target the one that is closest to them after they've presumably clocked them by radar.

In your other analogy, the police would have no way of confirming the other 99 people were driving were drunk unless they pulled all 100 drivers and gave them all breathalyzers. It's possible if they are going to dedicate an entire police force to this task, but it's not likely.

They are just going to punish the one drunk guy who crashed his car.

The Auckland logic assumes that just because the one family tested positive for coronavirus, that the entire population must also have coronavirus and must be quarantined.

Besides, why would you shut down the entire city instead of just having contact tracers isolate and quarantine the people who came in contact with the infected?
#15112838
New Zealand is unique among the English speaking countries in that it has a well established socialistic culture that goes back to the 1930s under the government of Michael Joseph Savage. Labour activism has always been strong. The country also embraced proletarian culture, the notion being that it was an egalitarian country of working class settlers. You can still find the houses that the government built during the Depression for the working people.

Empirical data has shown that New Zealand is also more collectivist versus individualist in comparison to other English speaking countries. The citizens are less precious about protecting their individual liberties and are more willing to do what they are told if they can be convinced it is for the greater good. This is in contrast to the US and UK where significant portions of the citizenry are obsessed with their personal rights, a party lifestyle and don't like putting themselves out for other people. New Zealanders dislike complaining and whinging. In the old days New Zealanders would often criticise immigrants from the UK for their perceived tendency to complain about how conditions do not meet their standards. Patriotic sentiments are very strong and the people there don't mind being mobilised if they think it is to protect the country.

Julian658 wrote:I remember the prime minister of NZ dressed as a Muslim woman to give a speech. They are SJWish over there. Guns were immediately banned after ONE shooting.


That was done after a terrorist attack. It was to show solidarity with and comfort the Muslims of NZ as well as show the Islamic world that NZ is not an anti-Muslim country, which it is overwhelmingly not.

Gun laws in NZ were overly liberal, the most liberal in the Anglosphere outside the USA and were well in need of reform. Banning guns is not an SJW idea. There are right wing arguments for gun control as well, unless of course you want criminals and any lunatic to have access to firearms. It's yet again another example of American conservatives not realising that they are in fact very liberal.

maz wrote:
It is collective punishment, and the government gets to assume a false moral authority and pretend that they are doing something without actually doing anything.


It's not collective punishment but rather a collective measure. The whole society has to deal with the crisis. If one member of the society infects other people then everyone suffers. You have to manage the issue on a collective basis.

What do you mean not actually doing anything? If we are looking for a government that is doing nothing then we need look no further than America. Maybe you would favour a more American style solution? The statistics themselves speak to the success of America's COVID-19 policy: Over 5, million cases nationally, the highest in the world. Trump's policy is simpy indefensible.

Julian658 wrote:That does not change the fact that the prime minister is an SJW virtue signaling machine.


She is not, she is a patriot. In fact many of her policies are quite economic nationalist.

Expressing solidarity with one's own citizens after a terrorist attack is not virtual signalling, it is the sign of an engaged and responsible leader.
#15112839
XogGyux wrote:What's your problem dude.. Somehow you always try to find the race/sjw angle to everything even when it is clearly nonsense. It is amusing sometimes, but after a while, it just gets boring and dumb.


It may seem boring to you, but once SJWs start to run towns and cities we will see serious loss of freedom.
#15112846
Political Interest wrote:Empirical data has shown that New Zealand is also more collectivist versus individualist in comparison to other English speaking countries. The citizens are less precious about protecting their individual liberties and are more willing to do what they are told if they can be convinced it is for the greater good. This is in contrast to the US and UK where significant portions of the citizenry are obsessed with their personal rights, a party lifestyle and don't like putting themselves out for other people. New Zealanders dislike complaining and whinging. In the old days New Zealanders would often criticise immigrants from the UK for their perceived tendency to complain about how conditions do not meet their standards. Patriotic sentiments are very strong and the people there don't mind being mobilised if they think it is to protect the country.


OK, they have a collective mindset. America was found on the concept of individualism and that is what I prefer. I believe they do well because they seem to have some sense of nationalism which is rapidly disappearing in the UK and the USA.

That was done after a terrorist attack. It was to show solidarity with and comfort the Muslims of NZ as well as show the Islamic world that NZ is not an anti-Muslim country, which it is overwhelmingly not.



It was a virtue signaling hyper reaction. The shooting was done by a foreigner. They did not have a gun violence problem

Gun laws in NZ were overly liberal, the most liberal in the Anglosphere outside the USA and were well in need of reform. Banning guns is not an SJW idea. There are right wing arguments for gun control as well, unless of course you want criminals and any lunatic to have access to firearms. It's yet again another example of American conservatives not realising that they are in fact very liberal.


A nation where the citizens have no arms is never a good idea. Look at Venezuela. They tried real hard to start a rebellion against tyranny but failed. The citizens are not armed. Only crooks and thieves have weapons in Venezuela. Firearms are forbidden in Chicago and yet they shoot each other by the dozen every weekend.


Expressing solidarity with one's own citizens after a terrorist attack is not virtual signalling, it is the sign of an engaged and responsible leader.


I would like to see Trump dressed in African garb after the killing of George Floyd. Hmm, BTW, Nancy Pelosi put on an African scarf while working in congress.
#15112848
Julian658 wrote:It may seem boring to you, but once SJWs start to run towns and cities we will see serious loss of freedom.

Oh wait... I thought that they already did and that is why all the protests. I am confused now :lol: .
Dude, you are obsessed with race stuff. It is a fetish at this point, I wouldn't want to see your search history :lol: .
#15112851
Political Interest wrote:It's not collective punishment but rather a collective measure. The whole society has to deal with the crisis. If one member of the society infects other people then everyone suffers. You have to manage the issue on a collective basis.


So what's the point of contact tracing? If you are a city starting out at zero cases, it would make more sense to just find out who those people came into contact with and quarantine them so that the rest of society can get on with their lives.

I don't understand this idea of collective suffering lol

Political Interest wrote:What do you mean not actually doing anything? If we are looking for a government that is doing nothing then we need look no further than America. Maybe you would favour a more American style solution? The statistics themselves speak to the success of America's COVID-19 policy: Over 5, million cases nationally, the highest in the world. Trump's policy is simpy indefensible.


The president doesn't run the day to day operations in every city; he is just the head of the executive branch of the government.

Most of the US had the same stupid lockdown measures. We followed CDC guidelines which was first, stay at home for 15 days to slow the spread, then 30 days and now some states like California have adopted the retarded New Zealand measure.

The rest of the states are like a patchwork, some have reopened and then partially closed sections of their society again. New York has instituted checkpoints and mandatory quarantines for visitors.

All are testing and managing hospital occupancy levels but other than that, elected official are doing nothing else other than telling people to stay away from each other, which is unrealistic and what I would argue a violation of human rights.

How do you think America should handle the coronavirus?
Last edited by maz on 11 Aug 2020 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
#15112852
XogGyux wrote:Oh wait... I thought that they already did and that is why all the protests. I am confused now :lol: .
Dude, you are obsessed with race stuff. It is a fetish at this point, I wouldn't want to see your search history :lol: .

The overwhelming majority of SJWs are white ugly women with green, pink, or purple hair. Some are feminized men with no testosterone. You may have a point. :knife:
#15112855
Julian658 wrote:The overwhelming majority of SJWs are white ugly women with green, pink, or purple hair. Some are feminized men with no testosterone. You may have a point. :knife:

Right. Because that perfectly describes New Zeland PM's appearance to the tee. Or maybe that describes AOC... or maybe the governor of Oregon or the Mayor of Portland. You have created a deluded imagine in your mind... a strawman (in this case a SJW).
#15112857
XogGyux wrote:Right. Because that perfectly describes New Zeland PM's appearance to the teeth. Or maybe that describes AOC... or maybe the governor of Oregon or the Mayor of Portland. You have created a deluded imagine in your mind... a strawman (in this case a SJW).

Image

Here is the virtue signaling PM of NZ.
#15112870
Julian658 wrote:OK, they have a collective mindset. America was found on the concept of individualism

No it wasn't. America was founded on the principle of authoritarian collectivism. Abolitionist literature was banned in some of the the Southern States in the days of the founders, while it was never banned back in Britain. It was only later activist Liberal judges that incorporated free speech as an individual right going totally against the authoritarian collectivist principles of the founders.
#15112880
Rich wrote:No it wasn't. America was founded on the principle of authoritarian collectivism. Abolitionist literature was banned in some of the the Southern States in the days of the founders, while it was never banned back in Britain. It was only later activist Liberal judges that incorporated free speech as an individual right going totally against the authoritarian collectivist principles of the founders.

The founders were basically Englishmen that were not perfect and there is no point in judging men that lived hundreds of years ago with the present. That is called presentism. Almost as bad as racism.
#15112917
XogGyux wrote:You got to have big balls to criticize a country that has had superb results and managed 3 months without a case, clearly, this had to come from outside. A handful of days to avoid the chaos that ensued in European countries and now in the US is worthwhile.
But offcourse, they are doing this because they are democrats and want to hurt Trump :lol: :violin:



There was no overseas travel involved :hmm:

Personally I think there’s a lot of asymptomatic people floating around.
#15113018
They are investigating the possibility it was imported through refrigerated freight.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... d=12356242

A company called Americold has also had an outbreak at its Melbourne plant. But they are adamant the 2 aren’t connected as they are different supply chains.

I dunno. I’m not convinced yet :hmm:

I was, instead, pointing out that people often e[…]

Yes who are the Proud Boys, are they anything to d[…]

Vote from Abroad and get ready to change the elec[…]

First 2020 Debate Thread

Given that the office requires considerable det[…]