New Zealand's stupid Cigarette Ban - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Japan to Turkmenistan to New Zealand.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
colliric wrote:https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/new-zealand-plans-lifetime-ban-cigarette-sales-stamp-out-smoking-2021-12-09/

I guess they have to learn the hard way....

Prohibition never works.

Have you been campaigning of the legalization of all drugs? or Maybe the repeal of all laws?
colliric wrote:I guess they have to learn the hard way....

Prohibition never works.

I bet it does work. Sure, like drug use there be a few who will smuggle them in to sell on. but by and large smoking is smelly and generally disliked by the public (including smokers), and what keeps people smoking is the addiction. If you cut off the opportunity to buy, you are also cutting off people getting the addiction to begin with.

I have always said if governments want to get serious on smoking then they need to ban cigarettes. Although taxation seems to make them stop short of that. Seems New Zealand have broke the mold. Not surprising given Ardern is the biggest SJW leader on the planet.
Sandzak wrote:Ans electric cigarattes like liquis vaprizers and IQOS???

I smoke/vape liquids and have excellent pulse and blood pressure...

They are vaping devices.
colliric wrote:https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/new-zealand-plans-lifetime-ban-cigarette-sales-stamp-out-smoking-2021-12-09/

I guess they have to learn the hard way....

Prohibition never works.

So the prohibition of murder and theft don't work so should be repealed?

Not so long ago., if a person was to be conside[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Seems like there's a lot of cursing of Ukraine's 1[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

We were once wild before wheat and other grains do[…]