How to become an EU citizen - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
#15053509
BigSteve wrote:Don't worry, I know you're incapable of admitting that you're wrong, but everyone here knows it anyway...
Yes, completely ignore what the articles and sources I posted, say. Everyone can see THAT, and even the articles say that a Green card is PART of the citizenship process, and that money does indeed buy you citizenship, just as it does in many other places.

A Green Card(permanent residency) is required if you wish to become an American citizen(and 3 to 5 years then as a permanent resident). Incidentally, being financially stable(i.e. rich) is a qualification for naturalization and citizenship.
https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/ci ... ralization

It's not cowardly, or shameful, to admit you are wrong, BigSteve. Everyone makes mistakes, especially big old grumpy Floridians. :D

You can purchase citizenship in many countries, as I already sourced. All are slightly different, but are generally the way to full citizenship, including a passport.
https://www.businessinsider.com/countri ... ort-2018-9
#15054981
@Godstud @Rancid

Shhhhh! Don't tell Steve that immigrants, even those who are not here legally actually do pay taxes that actual American citizens benefit from and those same immigrants, some of them here illegally, don't see a dime of the money they pay in. It all goes to American citizens and the US government.

Rancid, sucks to lose you to Spain or some other EU country (if they are willing to take you). We'll be losing the taxes you pay into our system and the brainpower you bring to the US economy but it's your choice to go where you want so long as the other country will take you. Did Trump run you off to where you want to take your money and brainpower elsewhere because of his anti-immigrant rhetoric? Hopefully, the EU will be welcoming to immigrants but there is anti-immigrant sentiment everywhere you go in some shape or form it seems. The grass is always greener on the other side. But hey, if you have a Spanish speaking family your family might be happier in Spain.
#15054991
Bigsteve likes to ignore a lot of stuff. The guy has some serious blinders on. He only sees/hears what he wants.

Politics_Observer wrote:Did Trump run you off to where you want to take your money and brainpower elsewhere because of his anti-immigrant rhetoric?

That's not the reason. I'm still living a very good life here. That's the thing about America. If you are educated and have a very good job/profession, this place is fucking awesome to live in. If you don't have those things... well... it sucks.

The motivation is really to try and immerse my kids in a Spanish speaking country, as well as the adventure of living somewhere different. I mentioned Spain, because they have a growing tech scene.
#15054992
@Rancid

Well, I would hate to lose you. But, you have to be happy and live life to the fullest.
#15055061
Rancid wrote:That's the thing about America. If you are educated and have a very good job/profession, this place is fucking awesome to live in. If you don't have those things... well... it sucks.


Isn't this the right society, I mean, why is education important otherwise?

Of course, one shouldn't be unreasonably harsh to the underpriviledged, otherwise they risk a big bite back.
#15055067
Patrickov wrote:Isn't this the right society, I mean, why is education important otherwise?


Yes and no.

Patrickov wrote:Of course, one shouldn't be unreasonably harsh to the underpriviledged, otherwise they risk a big bite back.


As you allude to here. It's in the interests of those that have power and education to support the underprivileged and uneducated. America does a really bad job at it, which is why we see so much growing inequality and social disruption.

Even if we ignore what is right/moral/just. Even if we ignore the humanitarian reasons we should help the poor and uneducated. You can still make a good case as to why we need to support and help the underprivileged classes.

Here is the cold/heartless logical argument (read everything below, at first it will sound controversial, but it really isn't.):
There will always be some segment of the population that is dimwitted; for whatever reason. It could be because they were dealt a bad hand in life, or they are just plain old dumb, stupid, and lazy. It doesn't matter. Regardless of the reason why they are poor and uneducated, justifiable or not, we should still prop them up and take care of them. Why?

Simple, we take care of them so that they don't fuck it up for the rest of us. We take care of them so that they don't go around starting riots and revolutions and fucking everything up for the rest of us. We take care of them to help keep crime rates down. We take care of them via education to help keep birth rates down. We take care of them so that they don't go voting in dimwits that will fuck it all up, etc. etc. etc.

Basically, we need to keep them pacified by supporting them.

Now, to be VERY clear. I am not saying we should actively work to keep poor and uneducated people down. We most certainly need to encourage upward mobility, improve educational opportunities, etc. etc.. However, for those that simply don't give a shit about that, for those that fail at life, or for those that really really are trying but still fail, we should still help them along too. We should help them to keep the machine moving along smoothly.

Conservatives don't understand that it's in there interest to help the poor and not leave them on the streets starving and broke. You don't even need compassion to see why we should do this. You can be totally heartless, and the above would still make sense. Conservatives are inviting and encourage the chaos that they claim their policies will avoid.

This is the fundamental logical inconsistency people like Bigsteve have. Although he sees me as a dirty liberal (which I'm not), he doesn't realize that what I am advocating is actually protection of the system that allows him and I (relative high achievers in socioeconomic life) to live a pretty damn good life.

What I've said above, is sort of kind of the kind of points that Andrew Yang makes. However, people just do not seem to have the capacity to understand this shit, so his message is going nowhere fast.

ANDREW YANG 2020! :lol:

Yang has no chance. Why? He's way to smart and logical. Americans hate smart people. Plain and simple. Americans do not vote for smart people. IN defense of Americans, this is really true of just about anyone in any country. It's not unique to Americans.
#15055213
Rancid wrote:ANDREW YANG 2020!

Yang has no chance. Why? He's way to smart and logical. Americans hate smart people. Plain and simple. Americans do not vote for smart people. IN defense of Americans, this is really true of just about anyone in any country. It's not unique to Americans.


As a matter of fact, I only hear reports of Yang from Taiwanese sources. Taiwanese media are very fanatic if whoever from there is successful in foreign countries.
#15055218
Patrickov wrote:As a matter of fact, I only hear reports of Yang from Taiwanese sources. Taiwanese media are very fanatic if whoever from there is successful in foreign countries.


I believe this. I know Taiwan went crazy over Jeremy Lin when he had a hot streak in the NBA.
#15055237
@Rancid Lots of countries are like that. A similar thing happened with a woman fighter (Loma Lookboonmee)from Thailand in the UFC. Everyone in Thailand knew about it.
#15064670
I think the easiest way for Americans to move to Europe is to find a job in US at international company that has an office in the EU. Then after a year or two ask to be relocated. They should help you with visa and you will get a decent job for your qualification. Should you dislike it you can relocate back. Check if the target country allows dual citizenship. You certainly don't want to give up US citizenship.

I guess if Bernie doesn't win the next presidential elections this issue will become more relevant as some Americans hate Trump so badly they are willing to relocate. In my opinion it makes more sense than "hope" that at some point in the future US will be like EU in social justice, with free healthcare, education, gun control etc. Relocating is the quickest way to get it, unlike the uncertain Bernie vote. If you find a spouse in Europe then it becomes even easier and you don't even have to learn a new language.

Are there any American members on this forum that are considering moving to EU?
#15067689
fokker wrote:Unemployment rate in EU in 2018:

Image


It is a bit out of date. Most of eastern Europe is way below 5%. May be some very few are above. But the general trend is that we are all reaching limit of our manpower. Poland is like at 3% or something. The only countries strugling with unemployment right now are: Greece, Spain and Italy i think in that order. But even that got better but still not perfect. The funny thing is that Greece and Spain rebounded and reduced it by around 50% while Italy is relatively struggling for some reason. Even places like Romania are under 5%.

Something like this i guess:

Image
#15070205
There are more Muslims in Canada, Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation
#15070239
Godstud wrote:There are more Muslims in Canada, so the bigoted xenophobes and Zionist cunts can fuck off and go somewhere else. We wouldn't want people of that shit quality, anyways.


It depends on the definition.

If I remember correctly Canada is much more sparsely populated so some might have an illusion that there are fewer Muslims in Canada than in Europe because they see less in their sights.
#15070241
Canada isn't that sparsely populated. Our populations tend to be in the southern part of Canada, primarily due to climate. Our populations are in cities, for the most part, with about 80% living in cities and large towns.

I worked, and lived alongside Muslims, who are part of our communities.

Bigots and xenophobes only see what they want to see.
#15071764
For (qualified) extra-EU Germany is probably the country where it's most easy to get in. There is shortage of people and most of the EU citizens don't want to work in Germany - plus you can even get a "job seeking visa" to first come here, and later look for a job. The only obstacle in some cases can be the language - it depends a bit on the role, the position, the industry.

Naw, what you are saying is obvious, I even put p[…]

A brief impression I’ve taken from Soloviev is th[…]

Perfect storm?

No, the talented merely have advantages , which […]

How much do the Chinese pay you to post? Pr[…]