Germany the beloved superpower ? - Page 30 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Germany is not at war. And Germany is also not (at large) fighting against a terror wave. The incident was a brutal crime. A criminal attack many in the German society were mentally prepared of because of predecessor incidents in Europe and the Western world.

My candle tribute at the market place was done at a late hour (23.00h). All Christmas stalls were closed, almost nobody was there. And yet the tens of thousands of other candles placed there at the site were lit and made their enduring condolences.

A pretty similar mood was expressed here….

After Terror, Berlin Finds Comfort and Joy in a Soccer Club’s Ritual

Dr Cosmo wrote:Germany is not at war. And Germany is also not (at large) fighting against a terror wave. The incident was a brutal crime. A criminal attack many in the German society were mentally prepared of because of predecessor incidents in Europe and the Western world.

My candle tribute at the market place was done at a late hour (23.00h). All Christmas stalls were closed, almost nobody was there. And yet the tens of thousands of other candles placed there at the site were lit and made their enduring condolences.

A pretty similar mood was expressed here….

After Terror, Berlin Finds Comfort and Joy in a Soccer Club’s Ritual

'Little acorns into great oaks do grow.'? When IS actually gets into second gear lighting bloody candles isn't gonna stop them.
I would take Cosmo's condolences seriously if he did not celebrate mass migration into Germany to begin with. At this point it is just a joke to me.

Your condolences are not going to do shit to bring those people back now, what will make a difference though is changing laws and deporting these Muslims so this will not happen again.
There was no mass migration in Germany. The German government accepted pragmatically a sudden mass refugee wave. Legally, thats quite a difference.

BTW, I hardly support the Merkel stance on the refugee management. Germany needs a new clear pro-skilled-labour immigration policy. The possibility for mass asylum requests must be reduced.
The possibility for mass asylum requests must be reduced.

Hold off on that law until Obama gets there. :D
Germany,a beloved superpower?
You´re kidding right?
The only superpower status it can hope to achieve is
within the United Nations.
Btw,how are those migrants acclimatizing to Germany?
Are they assimilating in Germany,or is it Germany that
is assimilating to them?
And were France,like the UK,another EU original founder,
in 2017 were to elect Le Pen and France were to exit the
euro-zone,which economy will then be asked to carry the
burden of the EU and current migrant crisis financially?
What were if another Kosovo or Bosnian conflict were to
erupt on the European continentß
Do you believe Germany would get their head out of its
its behind and stop playing the guilt card and rise to the
occasion?
And take American and English businesses out of German
and the German economy/equation would fall flat on its face.
Maybe not a superpower,
but certainly beloved…….

Angela Merkel leads Europe’s fight for liberal values
Financial Times

It is certainly a moment in history when a German chancellor assumes this role. Seven decades after the destruction of Nazi Germany, Berlin is once more in a position to contemplate global leadership, albeit cautiously. This is a tribute to the country’s transformation since 1945, to its ranking as an economic superpower, and its primacy in the European Union.
Beloved? Not sure. It hasn't been getting positive press coverage lately and outside of Europe it's known mostly for the Nazis.

Wouldn't be so quick to praise it for being liberal. That is not always a good thing, and Merkel has blood on her hands...
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]

@FiveofSwords is unable to provide a scientific […]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]