Hague war court acquits Croat Generals - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
roxunreal wrote:Croatia had no war of aggression against its neighbors.

So, how it happened that Croatian fascists were massacring Serb civilians on the soil of Bosnia and Herzegovina in March 1992 and in April 1992?
That was part of Croatia back then, so it wasn't a "war against neighbors" as in neighboring countries. Just like the Serbs genociding Albanians in Kosovo wasn't a Serb "war against neighbors" either, since Kosovo wasn't a different country.

Finnish antibody wrote:Given the fact that Croats were not punished for most of their atrocities in WW2

What? :lol: A massacre of 20 000 regular Croatian soldiers in Bleiburg and the trial and execution of any and all Ustasa leaders after the war, as well as Yugoslav secret service assassinating any that fled abroad, is not punishment? Are you serious?
Hajduk wrote:It's funny how the history revionists like to vilify Croatia

Well of we're going to challenge the historical rewriters lets begin by renaming VE day to VG day. Germany might have surrendered but Croatia fought on for another week. I mean we still get jokers asking whether Germans had some moral deficiency, relative to other Europeans but no one ever asks that about the Croats when the average Croat was a far more enthusiastic genocider than the German.
^And this is based on what exactly? :roll:

If most average Croats supported the Nazi puppet regime in Croatia then you wouldn't have this, um, you know, massive fucking resistance that in the end defeated the fascist regime in Croatia (and saved the Serbs in Croatia from extinction).
Wow, an extremist in Croatia. It's totally impossible to find extremists in any other country, like Germany, Greece, Russia, Hungary....or Serbia if you google "ravna gora srbija" and take a look at what happens there every year :) For me it's enough to know that the closest thing Croatia has to an ultra right-wing party has 3 representatives in a parliament of 151.
Ah, the Croatian youth have a spirit of vitality I indeed admire, as well as envy. Anything you would see in Germany, even in areas where it is claimed that the NPD's support base is supposedly hegemonic, is hushed up as a requisite.

Rox, it has been about three and a half years since I have visited the continent. Perhaps next time I will pop into Croatia, where I imagine folks are these days a bit more respectable than areas of the fatherland which have abjectly disgraced themselves, such as Berlin and the immediate surrounding area.
FRS, the "Croatian youth" you probably refer to is few and far in between, and 90% of "fascists" or ultra-nationalists in Croatia that make the news with their racist chants on football stadiums or right wing displays on concerts are uneducated 17 year old high school dropouts with the same kind of mentality as football hooligans, with which the group usually overlaps anyway. Most of them will grow out of it by the time they enter in their early twenties. If that's respectable to you then by all means go ahead and visit, though your chances of coming up on such people on your visit are next to nothing.

Make no mistake most people from my country would laugh out loud if showed this picture. Or feel ashamed.
Why the hostility?

I have no intention of sitting down for coffee with uneducated children, but then, I sincerely doubt the bulk of the Croatian far-right is comprised of this demographic, as it is not in any other nation, although this is a popular and useful caricature employed by the all-too-obvious opposition.

As well, I have always wished to visit Split and Dubrovnik.
I have no idea what it was since it's only one picture. The girl in the picture is a nationalist Ustasha sympathizer though, the banner has lyrics from a nationalist song. Whether this was a dedicated nationalist rally of some sorts (the likes of which are extremely rare here) or just a girl at a concert or a football match I have no idea.

FRS, by your praise of "Croatian youth" you do of course assume that Croatian youth is predominantly nationalist, which is far removed from reality. I'm just telling you what the average right-winger you're likely to spot in Croatia is like, if you're (un)lucky enough to spot any at all that is.

On a personal note, Dalmatia is overrated, visit Istria, it's greener and the people are nicer. Split and Dubrovnik are beautiful cities of course, but Dubrovnik is a horribly overpriced tourist crush during summer, I wouldn't stay there for longer than a night. Zadar is also very worth visiting, and it's right up your alley as it's probably the most "nationalist" city in Croatia. (being under siege for over a year will do that to you)
roxunreal wrote:That was part of Croatia back then, so it wasn't a "war against neighbors" as in neighboring countries.

Since when "BOSANSKI BROD" (Bosnian Brod) was a part of Croatia??? Where did you get these illusions?

So, the question was:"Why official CROATIAN ARMY were killing Serb civilians in March 1992 on the soil of Bosnia and Herzegovina in the Municipality of BOSANSKI Brod?" (Don't forget that Croatia was independent country at that time) - I would say it is a typical Croatian aggression against neighbors.
Oh 1992. I misread 1942.

Yes in 1992 Croatian army didn't attack anyone, it helped the BiH army in a defensive counter attack against Serb terrorists that were attacking Bosanski Brod. So it's typical helping of neighbors. ;)
Quantum wrote:More proof that the Hague is a biased, illegitimate court and that humanitarian invention is based on lies. Why have the Serbs only been convicted of "war crimes" and not the Croats and Bosniaks, even though they have committed the same "offences"?

Because the EU wanted to justify the theft of Serbian natural resources in a number of locations. Since it is Ok to separate war criminals from their property that is why the Serbs were cast in that role, to facilitate the amputation of mineral rich regions from Serbia.

Kosovo and Metohija are Serbia Forever.
Independent_Srpska wrote:
Interesting, how ustasha mindset whine about everything just in order to justify inhuman crimes over non-croat civilians and genocidal actions of separatists in Zagreb.

So, that would be it , regarding Croatian "we are innocent victims" wet dreams.
Rebel Croats, separatists and terrorists, needed conflict in order to fulfill their violent and anti-constitutional aspirations.

You are absolutely confused and you are not right. The Croats were not separatists because they came out from Yugoslavia in accordance with the then Constitution of the then SFR Yugoslavia.

On the other hand, the Serb minority from Croatia did not have the right to secede in the then Yugoslav constitution.By establishing a so-called "krajina" Serb insurgents became terrorists and occupiers of the Croatian territory. Hence, Operation Storm was absolutely legitimate and Hague Judgment was accordingly righteous.
Decky wrote:Croatia eh? First collaborating with the Nazis and then with NATO. Have they ever managed one of their wars of aggression against their neighbors without help from anyone?
Croatia also collaborated with the Nazis and with the Communists. Just as Serbia did during World War II. ;)

Croatia never carried out a military aggression on a neighboring state.Croatia was forced to cooperate with NATO because Serbia had made a military aggression against Croatia.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Which gives rise to an equally terrible far right[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]

Imagine how delighted you will be when the Circus[…]