Tory minister: build on 'boring' Green Belt - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Not quite.

British Nationality Act was a Labour law.

Accession to the European Union. Labour.

Now I agree that Conservatives are no more far right friendly than Labour is far left friendly.
But they still didn't do it. Labour did.

Make no mistake about it at all.
Labour policies all.

We've still got plenty of good ammo to beat the Conservatives with. But this one is Labour's baby. They deserve a little recognition for all their good work.
oppose_obama wrote:Who does it belong to? The queen? I read recently that the queen owns half the coastal area of England? Nice scam that royalty has going on there.

Oil, gas, coal, gold and silver belong to the Crown. Virtually the entirety of the seabed in British waters and half the coastline belong to the Crown Estate, much of the rest of the coastline is owned by state bodies, the Church or the Duchies of Cornwall and Lancaster (belonging to the Prince of Wales and Queen respectively). The Crown Estate isn't a source of personal income for the monarch though, it pays the majority of it's surplus of the Treasury.

I believe that the Crown has greater rights to subsurface minerals in Canada, owning virtually all of them on a provincial or federal level.
Decky wrote:

Another one taken in by the Tory lie that they are anti immigration. You know they only say that to get the racist vote right? They are not acctually against it. They have had just a s big a part in it as the Labour party.

Your average Tory is dumb enough to vote for them even though they do the same shit as New Labour. Same with Labour voters who think that Miliband is the second coming of Attlee. The Tories would sell British assets to some global capitalists whilst wrapping themselves in the Union Jack.

Baff wrote:Accession to the European Union. Labour.

Takes two to tango, eh?

First enlargement of the European Union
Single European Act
Maastricht Treaty
If I were the Monarch, I'd be buying a lot more prime real estate. It'd really help to say "look, we own half the world, but only take a small state sum, see." I wonder what the Queen still owns in America?

I wonder how Baff willl react to the fact that the Tories are pro immigration. Tories seem to have a bizare blind spot that makes them vote Tory because of a policy that they Conservative party don't actually have.

Just like left wing people who inexplacably vote Labour (Tories II).
He'll ignore it, maybe bitch about it to other conservatives about being sold out, and vote for them, anyways- because, hey, they're at least not labour and voting for anyone else is a waste (unless, of course, you're in the 90% of districts where they're formed for a single party to win every time, in which case it's a waste anyways).
Decky wrote:The Tories stand for profit, nothing more, nothing less. Anyone who thinks that stand for the countryside, or traditional values (whatever they are) or anti immigration etc is fooling themselves.

There Tories care about you just as much as Labour care about the working class.

Correct beyond words.

The British people need an entirely new political playing field, but do they deserve one? One would imagine there would be greater expressions of popular discontent by now. The British elite has successfully built up a state which is the greatest world enemy of the British people. The great, cultured, honorable people of the British Isles should be pointing the country's arms at them rather than Afghans.

Developers should be allowed to build on fields if they are boring, the planning minister has said

Where do they come up with this stuff? What a ridiculous statement. Who is authorized to make the call on whether fields are "boring"?
Far-Right Sage wrote:The British people need an entirely new political playing field, but do they deserve one? One would imagine there would be greater expressions of popular discontent by now. The British elite has successfully built up a state which is the greatest world enemy of the British people. The great, cultured, honorable people of the British Isles should be pointing the country's arms at them rather than Afghans.

What arms? They took them, if you don't remember.
Decky wrote::lol:

I wonder how Baff willl react to the fact that the Tories are pro immigration. Tories seem to have a bizare blind spot that makes them vote Tory because of a policy that they Conservative party don't actually have.

Just like left wing people who inexplacably vote Labour (Tories II).

I'm sure many of the Tories are pro immigrtion.
But the Tories did not legalise mass immigration. The Labour party did. On multiple occasions.

Credit where credit is due.

I don't vote Conservative or for any other party.
History is history.

Labour did it. That's all.

Tories have seen office way more times than labour ever has. If they wanted to have legalised mass immigration they have had the parliamentry majority for about 3/4 of modern history.
But they did not.
Labour did.

I'm not looking to the Tories to get me out of the EU or to reverse or even halt immigration... but I am looking for those who willfully and deliberately instigated it to be held accountable for their actions.
And in this instance, that means the Labour Party.

So if beneath all that I hate the labour party shtick you've actually got some buried loyalties to them in there.. go for it, defend them some more.
Try and pass the blame for their actions on others you hate more.
But they did it. No one else. Not the Tories, not the Martians and not the French.
The Labour Party. Just them.

A little bit of history they ought to be remembered for in my opinion.
Last edited by Baff on 01 Jul 2013 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
Figlio di Moros wrote:What arms? They took them, if you don't remember.

It seems I still have all mine.

It's a common misconception amongst Americans that the British govt took away the peoples guns.

It didn't. It hasn't.
Barring violent criminals and the mentally ill, gun ownership is the right of all UK citisens.
It's just not a popular pursuit here.

The governement didn't take everyone's guns away. Most people here don't have guns and have never wanted one. There are no guns to take.
Hard as it is for an American to understand, this is not a gun culture. People here are free to either own or not own guns. Not owning guns is by far the more popular of the two.
Approximately only 1 in every 40 people here are registered gun owners.
In other words, you pussies couldn't do a damn thing about it, anyways. Good to know you willfully choose to be bent over, I'm that much less ashamed of letting you continue to be our bitch.
But the Tories did not legalise mass immigration.

And there was me thinking that the Tory party bought thoasands of Jamacans over to drive busses, nope not in Baff's world.

Michael Jackson was a saint tho and still is, ins[…]

You must die on the hill of ZERO genetic differen[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you really believe that America decides how Uk[…]

Handcuffed medics, patients with medical equipmen[…]