Conflict in Ukraine - Page 402 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By Il Duce
Looks like the separatists got their asses handed to them in this offensive so far. I feel we can expect the Ukrainians to put up a better fight.
Kiev has been stationing artillery and shelling rebel held districts non-stop since the ceasefire began. Now rebels are about to overrun these positions and the Murdoch media comes alive? So much western brainwashery, it is hard to contemplate the scale.

Ongoing assault on Marinka;

Rebel POV
[youtube]NPavEcUUtM4[/youtube]

Kiev POV
[youtube]K5BIOb9Gpzs[/youtube]
By Typhoon
Il Duce wrote:I feel we can expect the Ukrainians to put up a better fight.

Don't hold your breath, none of the fundamentals have changed since the last flare up and this time the Ukrainian economy and army are in an even worse situation. If Ukraine were to perform better the Russian military would just up the ante sufficiently to smack them back down again.
By Il Duce
The Russian Marinka offensive has been determined as a failure for the Russians. Videos and photos are coming in of DNR rebels as POWs and mass casualties.

[youtube]g6X5mAD_EMc[/youtube]

The Ukrianian army might be a little more competent than the putinists say.
By Frollein
They have been in summer school...
Russia’s Emergencies Ministry is preparing the 29th humanitarian aid convoy to east Ukraine's Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics known as the Donbass region, a ministry spokesman said on Sunday.

"A new convoy with humanitarian aid will be formed in the Rostov Region in the Donskoi rescue center of Russia’s Emergencies Ministry," the spokesman said.

http://tass.ru/en/world/799312

By Frollein
Mine blast sinks Ukraine patrol boat near Mariupol; one dead; skipper missing

KIEV – One Ukrainian coast guard member was killed, five were injured and their commander remained unaccounted for Sunday after their cutter hit a mine planted in the bay of the strategic eastern port of Mariupol, officials said.

A spokesman for the interior ministry told Ukrainian television that one of the injured men had died in a hospital. The other coast guardsmen were still being treated but he declined to disclose the extent of their injuries.

“The search continues for one more person. It has been established that he is the cutter’s commander,” the State Border Guard Service said in a statement.

The eastern outskirts of the industrial Sea of Azov port, most of it controlled by Kiev’s forces, has been under attack from pro-Russian militias for weeks.

It was also hit by rebel shells and mortar fire in September. The city of Mariupol controls a major road linking parts of Ukraine’s separatist east with the Black Sea peninsula of Crimea, annexed by Russia in March 2014.

Source
By roxunreal
http://totall.info/lenta/B6MTI2Z3.html

An APC driven by likely drunk separatists crashed into a cafe in Luhansk and killed four people inside.

Surprisingly this went unnoticed by the passionately pro-Russian users, unlike the case when Ukrainian troops ran over a girl several months back, which they posted here pretty much 10 minutes after it happened all outraged nshit.
By Rich
roxunreal wrote:Surprisingly this went unnoticed by the passionately pro-Russian users, unlike the case when Ukrainian troops ran over a girl several months back, which they posted here pretty much 10 minutes after it happened all outraged nshit.
Both events were caused by the Imperialist aggression of the Ukrainians. While I'm generally for free speech, I'm not particularly exercised by the canonisation of the UPA by the Ukrainian Junta, but that Russians should be expected to accept these Neo Nazis, without resistance as their new overlords just beggars belief.
roxunreal wrote:http://totall.info/lenta/B6MTI2Z3.html

An APC driven by likely drunk separatists crashed into a cafe in Luhansk and killed four people inside.

Surprisingly this went unnoticed by the passionately pro-Russian users, unlike the case when Ukrainian troops ran over a girl several months back, which they posted here pretty much 10 minutes after it happened all outraged nshit.

Um, because they are criminals who will be judged for the murders while Ukrainians do it every day? It's funny the Ukrainian government started to disband the national guard battalion in these days, for mass crimes against the population of the warzone. Funny, because exactly this battalion was formed in Oct 2014 on the basis of the other battalion disbanded for mass crimes against the population of the warzone.
What's the real reason for getting rid of this guy? I think he's done pretty good job since he took over. Plotting against Poroshenko? Poroshenko's paranoia? Washington D.C diktat?

Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty: Ukrainian Security Service chief fired

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine ... 91390.html

Ukraine's parliament has dismissed the head of the Ukrainian Security Service (SBU), Valentyn Nalyvaychenko.

Read more here

And there we go. An opportunity not to be missed. Tony Blair just loves making easy money. As long as there are fools to pay him big bucks for doing nothing. Remember his last role? The Middle East peace envoy.

Foreign Policy: Ukraine's Poroshenko offers ex-British PM Tony Blair a job

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine ... 91467.html
By pikachu
Rumor has it that he was in some way connected to the Firtash group, which currently has a tense relationship with the presidency as the latter is seeking to centralize and monopolize power. Interestingly, when it came down to voting on the subject in Rada, the overwhelming majority of the Firtash group MPs abstained from voting, giving the motion just a bare majority needed to pass, and thus seemingly confirming the existence of such relationship.
But either way, he was definitely never the "president's man", rather he was appointed as part of the coalition quota for "UDAR" immediately after Euromaidan. And the president couldn't touch him in a while for several reasons, not the least of which was certainly the need to maintain unity in the face of the Russian-backed separatism. Now that the external situation with Russia has somewhat stabilized while the internal situation on the contrary is getting increasingly tense, it makes sense that Poroshenko would try to put the SBU under his direct control, he will need that.
By JohnRawls
Apparently a ukranian offensive might happen soon. Stay tuned.
JohnRawls wrote:Apparently a ukranian offensive might happen soon. Stay tuned.

Another offensive might break the Fascist regime in Kiev for good this time, and the Uniate Galicians are increasingly chafing at the bit against Poroshenko.
By JohnRawls
Considering that ukraine entrenched its positions against any counter offensive and managed to pull as much forces as possible. I would say that they have a good chance if they start an offensive.... This is not a panic attack like last time, they had more than half a year to prepare this.
The rebels have massed 400 tanks and 2000 fully manned APC's on the front lines. I think they're about to mount an offensive. Skirmishes near Mariupol and Donetsk are heating up, those may be the focus points.
By Il Duce
At the moment there's just numerous artillery exchanges. However, it does look like some form of an offensive will happen. The Ukrainians will probably have some success
this time around, but I'm quite sure Russia will step in and blast these NATO trained forces apart. Another offensive is just silly in my opinion, but who am I to know? I've also been hearing that a lot of Russian volunteers lost interest in the cause and went home. Either way Ukraine cant afford anymore embarrasments.

Wake me up when you have something to replace it.[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]