Ukraine suffers from occupation - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Ukraine suffers from occupation mostly by the USA. If you like Russia in Ukraine, you will be killed; I know that based on experiences of many Ukrainians, including my own experience. It is easy to see the double standards of the USA politics in Ukraine. My family was terrorized by Stalin for telling the truth and now my family is terrorized by the USA. Thus, the USA still supports Stalin: crime and corruption are the same under communism and under capitalism. There is no significant difference between communism and capitalism.
mike4july1972 wrote:There is no significant difference between communism and capitalism.

The means employed by states are similar (roughly). This does not mean that the ends are the same.
The USA and Stalin have very important thing in common: extreme corruption. That is probably why the USA and Stalin were allies in the Second World War. Ukraine and many other countries suffered a lot because of that. This is a real genocide. It continues today, when the losses for Ukraine are approximately the same as its losses in the Second World War.
The USA and Stalin have very important thing in common: extreme corruption. That is probably why the USA and Stalin were allies in the Second World War.

riiight ...

This is a real genocide. It continues today, when the losses for Ukraine are approximately the same as its losses in the Second World War

This is the dumbest thing I have heard in a while

You are just a troll. People should stop engaging you.
mike4july1972 wrote:I am not a troll. I express my opinion, present my theories, etc.

You are a troll.

Ok, USA terrorizes your family. So what? What do you expect from member of this forum? Should they join rebels or maybe they should start a revolution in their countries?
Not sure if trolling or just failing at basic logic.

My family was terrorized by Stalin for telling the truth and now my family is terrorized by the USA. Thus, the USA still supports Stalin

That doesn't follow at all. Your family supposedly being persecuted under multiple regimes is not evidence of those regimes supporting one another. It may however be evidence of something else...

The US "still supporting Stalin" is news to me. The existence of persecution, crime, corruption, etc. across different countries/ideological groups does not negate the real conflicts of interest, geopolitical struggles, etc. between those countries/groups.

crime and corruption are the same under communism and under capitalism. There is no significant difference between communism and capitalism.

No, this just demonstrates your complete inability to have any nuance in your analysis. You just took a few surface elements such as "crime and corruption" and said that because those things exist under both systems that this somehow invalidates all of the other differences (economic, political, social, etc.) between them. You might as well just say that under every system that has yet existed people still get old and die and there is no inherent meaning to it so there is no difference that actually matters. That makes about as much sense as your argument.

The USA and Stalin have very important thing in common: extreme corruption. That is probably why the USA and Stalin were allies in the Second World War.

Corruption is not the basis for an alliance between great powers in that sense...And it's not like they had real interests to be allies of convenience due to mutual opposition to the Axis powers who were opposed to the USSR and communism as well as a threat to Anglo-American liberal capitalist hegemony. This is an incredibly limited reading of history.

It continues today, when the losses for Ukraine are approximately the same as its losses in the Second World War.

So what are you saying here, that the decline of Ukraine's population by about 5 million since the 1990s mostly due to the death rate exceeding the birth and a net negative migration rate is effectively the equivalent of the 5 million Ukrainians lost in WW2 due to combat, starvation and death squads? Is that your argument?

If you do not care about doing the right thing, then it is your problem.

What is the "right thing" and who determines what is right? Other than this being an appeal to petty moralism to make up for your lack of argument otherwise.

I suppose what you're basically pointing out is that Ukraine being a pawn for geostrategic purposes between Russia and the US/NATO is leading to a situation where the needs of the Ukrainians is often being suppressed and leads to people who oppose the rule of those major powers often being treated harshly. But your conclusions and leaps of logic are not validated by this situation.
The right thing is following the law: no torture, no unjustified violence, etc. respecting the basic human rights. In Ukraine the West notices mainly human rights violations by supporters of Russia but the supporters of the West in Ukraine violate human rights at about the same level. This is obviously not address properly in the main stream media.

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Settlement program is an example of slow ethn[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]