Brexit, well England, you have dug your own tomb. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Well it’s done, I love England and do business with them but now we orient ourselves to other countries in Europe.
With BREXIT you have dug your own tomb.
EU investors like a lot of Frenchmen contribute in a stable English Economy. This will be soon finished.
Most of the EU persons living in England and contributing to its economy, will go back to another European country, like our son.
How is it possible that you have accepted the lies of the extreme right parties?
Well, I do not want to waste more words and time to this irrevocable question now you have decided to enter a very dark economical era.
Good luck ...
Lupus
Don't be so gloomy dear.

Just ask yourself why your son is working in the UK in the first place.

Because the EU is in terminal decline.

As for digging our own tomb, you're two steps ahead on that score.

You're already in one.

Good luck to you too.
lupus75 wrote:Well it’s done, I love England and do business with them but now we orient ourselves to other countries in Europe.
EU investors like a lot of Frenchmen contribute in a stable English Economy. This will be soon finished.
Most of the EU persons living in England and contributing to its economy, will go back to another European country, like our son.
How is it possible that you have accepted the lies of the extreme right parties?
Well, I do not want to waste more words and time to this irrevocable question now you have decided to enter a very dark economical era.
Good luck ...
Lupus

Why don't you make some wine out of those sour grapes.

The UK was only ever treated as a gravy train for many EU nations.
This is technically called closing your borders and exporting your recession.

It was bound to happen all along.

It is foolishness to expect the UK and Germany to subsidize the rest of the EU's problems.

This is actually good for the UK, bad for Europe, very bad for the Syrian refugees and other guest workers in England, and very bad for China and the USA as well.

BHO from the USA did everything he could to lie to and flatter the British to get them to stay in the EU. But the country bumkins of England did not care what he said.

China will ask the USA "why did you let this happen?"

Xi will say to BHO "you should have threatened them fool!"

BHO will say "I was a college hippy who smoked dope and not a Nixonian fascist sorry!"
Last edited by yiostheoy on 24 Jun 2016 12:14, edited 1 time in total.
marjy wrote:Oh dear! That will make our exports cheaper. What a pity!

:lol:

Yes when you think of it, Cameron committed political suicide but it was best for the English people.

This was the only way out for Merry Olde England.

Now Germany gets to hold the bag all alone.

It is a very cruel joke to play on the Germans however England must come first -- if you are English.

Damn the rest of the world !
well no, he had the choice to have the same type of work equally payed in France, Belgium and England. As he likes England he chose England. Curently he contrbutes in an important way to the properity of the local English company, due to his ability to speak several languages. But now he is already studying the possibility top go to Belgium or Germany (with the same job !)
ha yes ! indeed ! so it is interesting for Europe, but .... whatever you need to import in England will be much more expensive and then ...... your economy will break down, because all those things you need and that you buy now for normal prices will have to be bought for very high prices !
lupus75 wrote:ha yes ! indeed ! so it is interesting for Europe, but .... whatever you need to import in England will be much more expensive and then...

Don't be so silly. We will be importing at the world market prices, which are far lower than your inflated, protectionist EU prices.

One could never accuse the EU of knowing how to run a good economy.

Grexit anybody?

Beren wrote:The situation is basically like this:

I wonder though if (some parts of) Northern Ireland will join the Republic of Ireland.

I'm sure they might.

Well, everyone except those living in the six counties of course!

lupus75 wrote:Well it’s done, I love England and do business with them but now we orient ourselves to other countries in Europe.
Good luck ...
Lupus

To people like you I would honestly recommend to look beyond the EU now and again. The vast majority of countries around the world, many of them very prosperous and many growing and becoming prosperous, are not members of a supranational organisation like the EU. Only (some) Europeans are so taken by this myth that the EU is their fate that they now tremble in fear at the thought that they could live in sovereign countries.

We could speak about dark economical eras and the first one that would come to mind is happening right now in the eurozone.
marjy wrote:Don't be so silly. We will be importing at the world market prices, which are far lower than your inflated, protectionist EU prices.

One could never accuse the EU of knowing how to run a good economy.

In case you are not aware of the UK trade deficit you should ask yourself how this spread which is going to increase fast should be closed. Especially since the prices are going to increase and your economy is going to weaker, because of huge transaction costs.
Dr Cosmo wrote:Britain, the Black Knight…

Umm no. Britain is actually the King of the Britains in this sketch. First they helped lop off Switzerland(withdrew their application in light of Brexit)... Next either Turkey(will also do same as the Swiss and drop it) or Greece(Grexit must be back on the cards, surely), Maybe France will follow next. Anti-eu sentiment is on the rise there too.

@FiveofSwords Edwards' critique does not con[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

70% of Americans view Ukraine as an ally or frien[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 19, Friday Allied troops land on Norway co[…]

My prediction of 100-200K dead is still on track. […]