UKIP's one & only MP to be sacked, says Farage - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Ukip's only MP could be sacked by Monday, says party leader Nigel Farage wrote:Ukip's only MP could be sacked by Monday, says party leader Nigel Farage
When asked if Douglass Carswell would be expelled from Ukip following an ongoing row, Mr Farage said: “That will be up to the NEC to decide”

Ukip’s only MP could soon be booted out of the party, Ukip leader Nigel Farage has suggested.

Speaking about Douglass Carswell on LBC radio, Mr Farage said: “What would he know?”

”We find somebody inside our party who doesn't agree with anything the party stands for, it's a very odd state of affairs.“

The comments came in response to an attack on the party leader launched by Mr Carswell over Ukip’s controversial “Breaking Point” posters, which depicted large queues of refugees attempting to get into Europe.

Mr Carswell, a member of the official Vote Leave campaign, said he believed it was a “fundamentally wrong thing to do” on Mr Farage’s behalf.

"Angry nativism does not win elections in this country", he added.

When asked on air by Iain Dale if Mr Carswell should return to the Conservative Party, Mr Farage said he wouldn't get involved with "any of this... I don't micro-manage the thing.”

"I do the politics, I don't do the man-management, but it is a very odd state of affairs," he said.

“Why would you join a party like Ukip, with me as the leader, with our policies and manifesto, and then from almost day one of joining, disagree with everything we say or do? I find it really, really odd.”

Asked if Mr Carswell would be expelled from Ukip as a consequence, he said: “That will be up to the NEC to decide”.

Mr Carswell told The Independent it was the first he’d heard of it.

During an emergency meeting of the EU Parliament to discuss Brexit on Tuesday, Mr Farage was jeered and booed by MEPs.

During a highly-charged session, Mr Farage told the MEPs: “The reason you are so upset, the reason you are so angry, has been perfectly clear from all the angry exchanges this morning: you are in denial.”

“”You are in denial over Mrs Merkel's call last year for as many people as possible to cross the Mediterranean into the European Union, which has led to massive divisions between countries and within countries.”

“But the biggest problem you have got... is that you have, by stealth, by deception, without ever telling the truth to the British or the rest of the peoples of Europe, you have imposed upon them a political union.”

Former Belgian Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt, told the Ukip leader: “Finally we will be getting rid of the biggest waste in the EU budget – that we have paid for 17 years of your salary.”
This is the problem with being a one-issue party - once you have achieved victory on that issue, your entire raison d'etre vanishes. As UKIP will. :)
Potemkin wrote:This is the problem with being a one-issue party - once you have achieved victory on that issue, your entire raison d'etre vanishes. As UKIP will. :)

Except if you start picking up issues, which is not a great challenge even for halfbrainers. UKIP is the only winner here as they did the most for Britain's "independence", they were the only ones advocating to leave the EU. It's all up to them how much they can profit from the situation, but they could get votes from both Labour and the Tories. Their biggest problem is not that they're a one-issue party, their biggest problem is they're lunatics.
Except if you start picking up issues, which is not a great challenge even for halfbrainers. UKIP is the only winner here as they did the most for Britain's "independence", they were the only ones advocating to leave the EU. It's all up to them how much they can profit from the situation, but they could get votes from both Labour and the Tories. Their biggest problem is not that they're a one-issue party, their biggest problem is they're lunatics.

Actually, UKIP aren't lunatics by British standards; they're actually rather typical members of the British middle classes. In fact, by the standards of the British middle classes, Nigel Farage is actually a rather affable, likeable chap. Even Decky likes him, which tells you something. To anyone who isn't British, of course, UKIP are horrifying and loathsome in equal measure. :lol:

One of the good unintended consequences of the Brexit has been the way it has exposed the inner being of the British middle classes for all the world to see - now, at last, you can see for yourselves what guys like me have been warning the world about for years. :)
Potemkin wrote:Actually, UKIP aren't lunatics by British standards; they're actually rather typical members of the British middle classes. In fact, by the standards of the British middle classes, Nigel Farage is actually a rather affable, likeable chap. Even Decky likes him, which tells you something. To anyone who isn't British, of course, UKIP are horrifying and loathsome in equal measure. :lol:

One of the good unintended consequences of the Brexit has been the way it has exposed the inner being of the British middle classes for all the world to see - now, at last, you can see for yourselves what guys like me have been warning the world about for years. :)

They might not be lunatics by British standards, but they seem to be self-destructive on the long term. As well as the Nazis were self-destructive, although they had managed to conquer the most of Europe before they went down. I don't mean Farage is a Nazi, and I don't think he'll rise to the highest ranks of power, he's just a self-destructive lunatic as well, and he also has the ability to do much harm before he goes down.
They might not be lunatics by British standards, but they seem to be self-destructive on the long term. As well as the Nazis were self-destructive, although they had managed to conquer the most of Europe before they went down. I don't mean Farage is a Nazi, and I don't think he'll rise to the highest ranks of power, he's just a self-destructive lunatic as well, and he also has the ability to do much harm before he goes down.

In other words, he's a rather typical member of the British middle classes. ;)

Seriously though, the British middle classes are both self-destructive in the long term and destructive of everything around them in the short to medium term. That's just the way they are. The fiasco of Brexit, in which middle-class British clowns campaigned for something which they didn't actually want merely for opportunistic personal gain and in the process wrecked most of the developed world, was no surprise to me.
If your dream is to build a utopian society and your utopia includes us in that dream, we will destroy it.
Every time.

So don't do it. Don't waste your time and don't waste mine.

I am opportunistic. I wish to make money. If you still do too, I still do too.
Welcome to the world of international diplomacy. Nice to meet you.
We are open for business and we already like you. All our stuff is made to your own standards and this week there is a 10% discount on everything we sell for our esteemed EU buddies.
Last edited by Baff on 02 Jul 2016 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
Potemkin wrote:Actually, UKIP aren't lunatics by British standards; they're actually rather typical members of the British middle classes. In fact, by the standards of the British middle classes, Nigel Farage is actually a rather affable, likeable chap. Even Decky likes him, which tells you something. To anyone who isn't British, of course, UKIP are horrifying and loathsome in equal measure. :lol:

He is polite, he drinks real ale rather than Eurofiz lager, he is good at insulting the Euros in Brussels what isn't to like?

Obviously he wants to sell off the NHS but so does everyone in British politics (Labour included). The days of proper politicians like Nye Bevan are long gone. You can only judge a man by compering him to his peers and lets face it by the standard British politicians set he is a pretty decent sort. The man of the people act is nonsense he was a millionaire before he was 30. However even if if he isn't one of us he does seem to understand us which is more than any Lib-Con-Lab Mandleson bank manager drone does.
He is polite, he drinks real ale rather than Eurofiz lager, he is good at insulting the Euros in Brussels what isn't to like?

Obviously he wants to sell off the NHS but so does everyone in British politics (Labour included). The days of proper politicians like Nye Bevan are long gone. You can only judge a man by compering him to his peers and lets face it by the standard British politicians set he is a pretty decent sort. The man of the people act is nonsense he was a millionaire before he was 30. However even if if he isn't one of us he does seem to understand us which is more than any Lib-Con-Lab Mandleson bank manager drone does.

Quoted for truth. Farage is one of the best of a bad lot. As middle-class wankers go, he's actually not too revolting.
I do also have a shameful soft spot for Jacob Rees-Mogg... He is landed Catholic gentry though so it might just be race memory or something like how ants have to do what their queen tells them.
I do also have a shameful soft spot for Jacob Rees-Mogg... He is landed Catholic gentry though so it might just be race memory or something like how ants have to do what their queen tells them.

It's the Papist hive mind at work, Decky. Don't try to fight it. ;)
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Why is Europe supporting Ukraine then? Accordin[…]

@FiveofSwords is unable to provide a scientific […]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]