Jewish President of Momentum: "They are weaponising anti-semitism to undermine Jeremy" - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Corbyn critics using antisemitism row to undermine leader, Momentum claims wrote:Momentum's vice chair has accused Jeremy Corbyn's critics of trying to "weaponise" antisemitism allegations in a bid to undermine the leader.

Despite various allegations over the summer, Mr Corbyn himself calling an inquiry into allegations and a string of suspensions including those of Ken Livingstone and Naz Shah MP, Jackie Walker argued there was "little if any" evidence of racism.

It comes after the Jewish peer Lord Mitchell quit the party on Sunday in protest at Mr Corbyn’s re-election as leader of the party on Saturday, while Jewish MP Ruth Smeeth last week revealed she had received thousands of abusive messages.

Ms Walker, who is also Jewish, blamed opponents of Mr Corbyn for the row. Speaking at a festival organised by Momentum on the fringes of the Labour conference in Liverpool, she said: "Let me make it clear: all racism is abhorrent and I am not saying that anti-Semitism does not exist in the Labour Party.

"The Labour Party, after all, is simply a reflection of society. But I am saying that claims of its significance are being exaggerated for political purposes.

"This has been done at huge cost to our movement, to our communities and to many individual people in and outside of our party.

"Anti-Semitism is no more special than any other form of racism. All racisms have their own characteristics and histories.

"All genocides have their own concepts, all holocaust denial - whether it the denial of the Jewish or African holocaust - is a blasphemy against humanity."

The issue was examined in a report by Shami Chakrabarti and Ms Walker said: "It seems to me that there is little if any hard evidence that the Labour Party has a major problem with anti-Semitism though there is, as Chakrabarti said, an occasionally toxic atmosphere.

"The most fundamental aim of such allegations is to undermine Jeremy, silence his supporters and ensure any chance of an alternative to the neoliberal diet of cutting services and taxes that had been dished up to us as politics until Jeremy got the leadership, never actually gets to our table as voters.

"It is the silencing of any criticism or potential criticism of the Israeli state, attacking and undermining anyone who supports Palestinian rights."

She added: "This political use of accusations has not only weaponised anti-Semitism, it has become a weapon of political mass destruction and like all nuclear options has entailed a high degree of collateral damage, not just to the Labour movement as a whole."

She said: "We have been told that Jews are terrified - note the word - terrified to go to Labour Party meetings, that women are terrified, that Momentum is anti-Semitic.

"Now let's just forget that both the chair and the vice chair of Momentum are Jewish and many of the leading figures of Momentum are also Jewish.
They are weaponising anti-semitism to undermine Jeremy

They would.

Tony Blair speaking at the Progress think-tank, Wednesday 22 July 2015 wrote:Let me make my position clear: I wouldn’t want to win on an old-fashioned leftist platform. Even if I thought it was the route to victory, I wouldn’t take it.

Even if you did it wouldn’t be right because it wouldn’t take the country forward, it would take it backwards. That’s why it’s not the right thing to do...

When people say 'my heart says I should be with that politics', well get a transplant.

:lol:

Edited for accuracy
Last edited by ingliz on 26 Sep 2016 09:06, edited 2 times in total.
Isnt this like saying I cant be racist because I have a black friend ?

The Momentum movement doesn't just have a few Jewish friends, it has Jewish people in leadership positions. Or are they all "self-hating" Jews? :eh:
What appears to be anti-semitic was not anti-semitic at all. If it really was anti-semitic would it not have been prosecuted under hate speech laws?

If it did not fall within the realms of hate speech then how can it be classed as anti-semitic or racist?

As far as I recall Livingstone mentioned a historic fact and this was for some reason taken to be a rabidly anti-semitic statement.

Things have clearly reached the point where merely saying something someone does not like is now racist.
The Momentum movement doesn't just have a few Jewish friends, it has Jewish people in leadership positions. Or are they all "self-hating" Jews? :eh:

So if a police force has black people in authority it cant be racist?

Im just trying to work out the rules here .....

At the end of the day its not really anti-semitism. Groups often have very non-racist reasons for disliking other groups. Zionists - and therefore israe - are ethnocentric by their very nature and so of course leftists hate them. This is why they focus on israel in such an obsessive way over all other states doing nasty things. Even though obviously many other states are ethnocentric or religious in nature too. One of the big differences is that Israel is 'sort of western' and 'powerful' and leftists dislike power and westerners as a general rule.

Which ends up looking like focusing on jews - unsuprisingly - so jews take offense unsuprisingly :lol:
Repeated, farcical allegations of Jewish world-wide conspiracy continue to be anti-Semitic, even when given a thin "anti-Zionist" veneer.

Blaming Mossad for essentially every ill of the world - which Decky does, in every other thread - is conspiratorial anti-Semitism.
Lightman wrote:Decky's ubiquitous claim of Mossad conspiracy is a great example of what left wing anti-Semitism looks like.

Decky is very atypical of lefties. His main interest is pushing his own brand of catholic working class personal identity politics. However because he presents himself as working class (although for all we know he could be just another middle class type making a hipster life style choice) and supports the memory of Soviet Communism, other lefties have to humour him. A real Leninist does not just go on internet forums but attempts, with other Leninists to build a Leninist party in their own country and neighbourhood.

Jewish supremacism is ideologically dominant within the West and is politically dominant within the United States. The disgusting idea that the Jews are entitled to a Jewish State, but other nations are not, that Jews may retain total racial dominance in Israel, but the gentile White race are now allowed to retain dominance within any state. Although Donald Trump is challenging that, questioning why we need to remain buddy with Israeli ally and number one terrorist supporter Saudi Arabia while risking nuclear war with Russia. Taking this view in no way implies any animus to, or prejudice against people of Jewish descent.
Decky's ubiquitous claim of Mossad conspiracy is a great example of what left wing anti-Semitism looks like. It's a repackaging of tropes of Jewish conspiracy.

Also, see A23's rants on TLTE.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8&start=214660

He is using memes with the star of david and a facebook conspricy to attack 'zionists'.
He also uses the hashtag 'saudiisisrael' when attacking the war in yemen. Seriously, wtf is that all about?

I am quite sure he and virtually no labour supporters are actual, traditional anti-semites. The extent to which they use traditional anti-semite tactcs is quite shocking though and decent people seem blind to it. I honestly dont know whats going on.

Then there are people like skinster who calls for the destruction of their country while acting all suprised when they behave in a paranoid and violent manner.
Lightman wrote:Blaming Mossad for essentially every ill of the world - which Decky does, in every other thread - is conspiratorial anti-Semitism.

Mossad was built and lives through terrorism and that's where your focus should be, not in defending that org. Where is the violin emoticon when I need it most? :D I'd place it here but it might get deleted again.

Complaining about antisemitism where there is none says more about you and the straws you clutch at, than anything else.
I honestly don't know whats going on.

Obviously not, but, that aside.

You don't think it faintly ridiculous that a Labour member can be suspended (effectively disenfranchised) for reposting an article without comment on Facebook? An article written by an Israeli and published in an Israeli newspaper almost a decade ago - that the Jewish state uses the Holocaust as a political tool.

The Holocaust as Political Asset, Haaretz, Apr 18, 2007 wrote:The Holocaust serves Israel primarily in its fight against the Palestinians. When the Holocaust is on one side of the scale, along with the guilty (and rightly so) conscience of the West, the dispossession of the Palestinian people from their homeland in 1948 is minimized and blurred.
Last edited by ingliz on 29 Sep 2016 11:29, edited 3 times in total.
You don't think it faintly ridiculous that a Labour member can be suspended (effectively disenfranchised) for reposting an article on Facebook? An article written by an Israeli and published in an Israeli newspaper almost a decade ago - that the Jewish state uses the Holocaust as a political tool.

Yes.

But you still completely ignore what I posted and what many jewish people keep complaining about.

You guys just put your head in the sand and pretend there is no problem whatsoever in the left with this issue. Total arrogance. Even though Corbyn did suspend some people none of his supporters actually think any of them was justified.

You never learn.
Skinster, you're misinterpreting what I'm saying. I'm not defending Mossad. Intelligence agencies are largely agents of evil. But when people blame Mossad for every evil in the world, they are basically endorsing the classic theory of Jewish world domination. For example, the blaming of Mossad, without real evidence, for the creation of ISIS, for the attacks on the Kosher supermarket in Paris, etc. - all of these basically appeal to the notion of Jewish (oh, excuse me, Zionist) hyperpower. I don't give a damn about criticisms of actually plausible Mossad activity - most of Mossad's activity is probably awful.

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

we ought to have maintained a bit more 'racial hy[…]

@Unthinking Majority Canada goes beyond just t[…]

It is also speculation to say these humanitarian w[…]