Rioting in the streets of Paris last night - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Chinese people are not known to have a propensity for rioting but I've read there is a perception that the police do not protect them from Muslims because they are afraid to engage with them and this leads to frustrations that are normally absent.

Also, kind of sad that the forum's leftists have apparently accepted rioting in Paris as normal. Low standards.
Also, kind of sad that the forum's leftists have apparently accepted rioting in Paris as normal. Low standards.

Accepting rioting as normal must of course mean you think we like it. Rest assured, we don't.

Where we differ is in how we interpret the information, place them in a historical context and try to find real-world solutions instead of fanning the flames.

For the record, in my country I'm considered slightly right-wing on many issues but then again, the differences on the political spectrum between the US and Sweden are breathtaking.
Anyone with any knowledge of French history whatsoever accepts rioting in Paris as normal Hong Wu, it is a knowledge thing not a leftist thing. Then again reality does have something of a left bias. :lol:
MadMonk wrote:Accepting rioting as normal must of course mean you think we like it. Rest assured, we don't.

Where we differ is in how we interpret the information, place them in a historical context and try to find real-world solutions instead of fanning the flames.

For the record, in my country I'm considered slightly right-wing on many issues but then again, the differences on the political spectrum between the US and Sweden are breathtaking.

Please do entertain me with what passes itself off as a solution to rioting in Sweden.
Hong Wu wrote:Chinese people are not known to have a propensity for rioting but I've read there is a perception that the police do not protect them from Muslims because they are afraid to engage with them and this leads to frustrations that are normally absent.

The Chinese are a peaceful people usually. But if pushed or bullied, the fighting dragon will come out.

As a leftist, I do not accept rioting in Paris as normal. I do not know where you got that idea. :?:
anasawad wrote:@Elyzabeth
I need to learn more before i speak about these things ?
People need to "learn more" before they can judge that the police shooting people is wrong ?

And please do educated intellect explain to us dumb peasants how protests are not part of bringing accountability to the authority but rather just voting is ?
And in matter of fact, explain how voting is the most efficient way to stop police shooting ? Are police officers elected ? do you go vote for who you want to be a cop or an officer ? Do you vote for the policies the police follows ? No you don't do any of those.
You vote for representatives to do such things and as seen in pretty much everywhere, those representatives often don't bother much with reforming police behaviors without being demanded by the people, often through protests and petitions.

But hey, what do i know. I mean after all 'm just a dumb peasant who cant possibly know how to read history or anything about how reforms actually starts. You clearly know far more than i could ever possibly dream of.

Dear Anasawad I seem to have hurt your feelings and I apologise for that.
One of your posts had several major errors in it and I said that you might need to do a bit more research in that area. You are not a dumb peasant .. I would never say that to anyone.
You and I do not communicate well let's just leave it at that....I hope you feel better !

Up to 2,000 Muslims gathered outside the Clichy-la-Garenne Town Hall, in the northwestern suburbs of Paris, Friday, to pray congregational Friday prayers in public, in protest against the recent closure of a local Mosque. Among those leading the protest was the director of the Committee against Islamophobia in France (CIF), Marwan Muhammad, who addressed the crowds, affirming that “we don’t want to have a conflict with the city hall, we are not happy about blocking people," adding that "this is not something Muslim men and women wanted. But this happened because they think they can treat Muslims like this, even in 2017. And it is not acceptable anymore.” Marwan Muhammad, Director of Committee against Islamophobia in France (French): “We are decent people, and that’s why you hear the people, the Imam, the president of the association say that we are not happy to be here. We don’t want to have a conflict with the city hall, we are not happy about blocking people from going to the Mc Donald’s there or passing behind. This is not something Muslim men and women wanted. But this happened because they think they can treat Muslims like that even in 2017. And it is not acceptable anymore."
So now you are upset about a peaceful, yet legal protest? :eh:

In the US, this wouldn't touch of a riot, because it happens several times a day. It's good that the people are reacting in this manner. It shows they are not apathetic and resigned to the fact. Ignore it at your own peril.
Muslims are not about to become a majority, and once people live somewhere for a few generations, they lose the cultural influences(this applies moreso than religion) and become assimilated.

Saying Muslims are going to be a majority and implement Sharia law, is not only ridiculous, but unrealistic. It's fear-mongering of the most ignorant kind.

Read this about Sharia(since this seems to be what you're hinting at, anyways)

Shariah Law: The Five Things Every Non-Muslim (and Muslim) Should Know
Remember, the Qur’an teaches that religion must not be a matter of the state. Shariah is a personal relationship with God. Prophet Muhammad, even as the de facto ruler of Arabia, wrote the Charter of Medina in which Muslims were held to Shariah Law, and Jews to the Law of the Torah. Not a single non-Muslim was held to Shariah because Shariah itself forbids compulsion. The Qur’an clearly says, “There is no compulsion in religion” (2:257). Furthermore, Shariah obliges Muslims to be loyal to their nation of residence.

First, Shariah is a personal relationship between a Muslim and God. The First Amendment forbids Congress from passing laws that restrict the free exercise of religion—particularly private exercise. Second, if Shariah was banned, then American Muslims could not marry, inherit, write wills or choose to divorce per Islam’s guidelines. If similar restrictions were imposed for other faith groups, then no Minister could conduct a marriage ceremony, no Catholic Bishop could read the last rites and no Rabbi could perform circumcision on an infant male Jewish child—because these are all Judeo-Christian religious laws. Even within our current legal system, American Jews regularly resolve civil matters through rabbinical courts known as beit din.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/qasim-ras ... 68569.html
Godstud wrote:Muslims are not about to become a majority, and once people live somewhere for a few generations, they lose the cultural influences(this applies moreso than religion) and become assimilated.

Saying Muslims are going to be a majority and implement Sharia law, is not only ridiculous, but unrealistic. It's fear-mongering of the most ignorant kind.

The fact that this does not appear to be happening with Muslims in Europe is the main reason that people are worried.

1. Multiculturalism means there is no attempt to make anyone assimilate.
2. Living largely off of welfare and in self-segregated areas, most Islamic terrorists in Europe are un-assimilated second generation Muslims.
3. This one is harder to argue for but my perception is that there is nothing to assimilate into.

What you are saying is usually true to some extent but there are plenty of examples of when it isn't true. Take for instance the Japanese Christians who were physically forced underground and made to assimilate and hundreds of years later, populations of the original ones still exist. If something like that can persist under those conditions, who can think that Muslims in Europe who live in the circumstances I've mentioned would assimilate?
Hong Wu wrote:Living largely off of welfare and in self-segregated areas, most Islamic terrorists in Europe are un-assimilated second generation Muslims.
Please post a reliable source for this stupid claim. I believe this is only your opinion, and nothing more.

You using the exception, as an example, is very silly. There are always going to be some people who don't "assimilate", but as long as they are good citizens, you expecting them to, is bullshit, anyways.
Godstud wrote:Please post a reliable source for this stupid claim. I believe this is only your opinion, and nothing more.

You using the exception, as an example, is very silly. There are always going to be some people who don't "assimilate", but as long as they are good citizens, you expecting them to, is bullshit, anyways.

https://www.theatlantic.com/news/archiv ... me/486884/
Second-generation immigrants typically have higher crime rates than first-generation immigrants. In the US context, however, most second-generation immigrants continue to enjoy lower crime rates than the native-born population. In stark contrast, research findings in European countries indicate that some second-generation immigrant groups have crime rates that drastically exceed those of the native-born population.
Noir... did you read your source?

From YOUR article:
Donald Trump portrays immigration as a threat to public safety, but research paints a very different picture

Bucerius points out that that while studies point broadly toward lower crime rates among immigrants and their children, these studies do not—and often cannot—speak to differences across different ethnic or religious groups. For instance, she says, there are no studies that compare crime rates among Muslims, Jews, and Christians.

“What we can say is that—in some European countries— like Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, or France, we see a disproportionate number of second-generation immigrants involved in crime who are likely Muslim,” she said.

“However, for these groups in particular, we need to take the very problematic history of guest-worker integration into account, and consider the highly problematic relationship between France and Algeria [and] forced secularism.”

“Empirically, domestic terrorism is carried out by citizens—not immigrants—with right-wing terrorism, racial hate crimes, and the sovereign-citizen movement making up a majority of domestic terrorist incidents,” Joel Day, assistant professor of security and global studies at the University of Massachusetts Lowell, told PolitiFact. “Other domestic incidents have indeed been carried out by those who came here through legal channels.’”

For instance, she points out, most second-generation immigrants born in German in the 1970s, ’80s, ’90s are not German citizens.

“They were born and raised in a country that they could never become citizens of, and constantly live with the fear of deportation,” she said.

Essentially, they haven't integrated or assimilated, because they were simply not permitted to.
“They were born and raised in a country [Germany] that they could never become citizens of, and constantly live with the fear of deportation,” she said.

What nonsense. Of course they can become citizens and if they choose not to then they also don't "constantly live with the fear of deportation".
MadMonk wrote:For the record, in my country I'm considered slightly right-wing on many issues but then again, the differences on the political spectrum between the US and Sweden are breathtaking.

Yes, but so is the demography. It used to be that Swedes could be smug and self-congratulatory about their modern society and chide Americans for racism, and so forth. The more Africans and Middle Easterners you let in, the more your politics will change. Of that, I can assure you.

Beren wrote:Whether it's normal or not, it's completely usual.

Demonstrations. Sure. Rioting... that's a bit of a stretch.

Godstud wrote:Muslims are not about to become a majority, and once people live somewhere for a few generations, they lose the cultural influences(this applies moreso than religion) and become assimilated.

2050 Godstud. The mayor of London is a Muslim.
blackjack21 wrote:2050 Godstud. The mayor of London is a Muslim.
So what? Why do you see this as a problem? Why are you so prejudiced that you can't imagine a Muslim person becoming mayor and working for the betterment of London?

USA has already had a Muslim mayor... 23 YEARS AGO
Charles Bilal was mayor of Kountze, Texas, USA. He is notable for being the first Muslim in America to be elected as an American Muslim to a US municipality. This was in 1994.

More Muslims:
André Carson – Congressman from Indiana
Keith Ellison – first Muslim congressman from Minnesota
C. Jack Ellis – former mayor of Macon, Georgia
Ilhan Omar - Member of the Minnesota House of Representatives from the 60B district
etc. etc.

You post really prejudiced shit, blackjack21.

The tail has been wagging the dog.. Israel is a[…]

Candace Owens

She has, and to add gravitas to what she has said[…]

@litwin is clearly an Alex Jones type conspirac[…]

Both of them have actually my interest at heart. […]