Article 50 letter has been sent. Negotiation time! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Brexit. Article 50 letter has been sent. Negotiation time!

Title is article 50 letter.

BBC wrote:

[]...In her letter to Mr Tusk triggering Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, Mrs May said failure to reach a trade deal within the two-year time limit could "weaken" cooperation in the fight against crime and terrorism.

But Guy Verhofstadt, the European Parliament's chief Brexit negotiator, said he would not accept any attempt to "bargain" between trade and security, adding: "I think the security of our citizens is far too important to start a trade off from one for the other."

Home Secretary Amber Rudd has said the UK could end intelligence-sharing with Europol, the EU policing agency, if there was no agreement.

But in an interview with the BBC's Andrew Neil, on BBC One, Mrs May said on security that she "would like to be able to maintain the degree of co-operation on these matters that we have currently".
Downing Street insisted Mrs May's comments were not intended as a threat to EU negotiators, saying it was a "simple fact" the existing arrangements would lapse if Britain left the EU without a deal...[]

Not the best start for missus May...
Red Barn wrote:No Brits to kick around anymore, and Lord Dampnut going all pissy and difficult over trade deficits and NATO.

Betcha that's some pretty salty kraut right about now.

It is madness to think that Europe was kicking the Brits. European Union conceded on many British requests/demands.(Actually on overwhelming majority i would say) Loosing Britain is a bit of a headache but a massive benefit in the long run. Most of the policies for the future was blocked by Britain which includes even negotiations for those policies not to mention implementation.

I got my results: https://moralfoundations.github[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...We have bottomless pockets and Russia does not[…]

@Godstud What is going to change? I thought t[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving […]