British MEP mocked at European Parliament over 'war with Spain' controversy - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Decky wrote:Water under the bridge? :eh: Britain is still using its military to occupy a quarter of Ireland.

Sorry, I heard this expresion in an american movie and I liked it. I hope you can forguet me if my english is strange or if I have some mistakes. Its not my mother language and I have not a lot opportunities to practice it where I live.

I prefer dont speak about North Ireland. I have not a lot of information. I sympatise with Irish people but I can understand that in the conflict there is two point of views.

Can I ask you why you hate UK? And where are you from?

Every country is a nice country then, there are lots of museums and monuments in each capital.

Yes, well. More or less. I have been also in capitals from small countries in Europe (I prefer dont say names) and I didnt see the quality of the museums like in London, Paris, Madrid, Saint Petesbourg, Rome or Berlín. But I undderstand what you mean.

I always wanted Britain to join Germany and France, now they will ally with Russia perhaps and the UK will be either Airstrip One or part of Scandinavia.

Well, the relation with France and Germany have been complicated for centuries. But I dont think that these countries have an alliance with Russia. We (europeans) need a good relation with Russia for some reasons. Is a big neighbor, with a lot of natural resources and the stability of the east borders need a Russia like a friend and with a economical prosperity. Some countries dont understand it, like Poland or Baltic States and they have good reasons for it. But this dont mean that Europe breaks the relation and the alliance with UK and USA.
Sevillano wrote:but I know that many British people love Spain and they do not have serious problems with my country to find good status for this territory.

Decky's ideology is very uncommon in the UK @Sevillano. Take his posts with a pinch of salt. Being that Spain is a favourite location for holidays and retirement for Brits, you can be assured that the UK public do love the Spainish. I am glad to read you like the UK. We could do with some European friends who don't consider the UK stupid and foolish. Only our MPs take that title.
Sevillano wrote:Yes, well. More or less. I have been also in capitals from small countries in Europe (I prefer dont say names) and I didnt see the quality of the museums like in London, Paris, Madrid, Saint Petesbourg, Rome or Berlín. But I undderstand what you mean.

So nice country means former or recent empires with metropolises as capitals that have museums like the Louvre? It's hard to beat indeed.

Sevillano wrote:But this dont mean that Europe breaks the relation and the alliance with UK and USA.

It's not Europe that breaks up with the US and the UK. It's not Europeans who elected Trump and voted for Brexit.
The expression water under the bridge means that something is in the past, the British occupation of Ireland is not in the past it is ongoing. I live in Birmingham I hate the UK at it is a right wing, Protestant, Monarchist, Aristocrat ruled hellhole.
B0ycey wrote:you can be assured that the UK public do love the Spainish. I am glad to read you like the UK. We could do with some European friends who don't consider the UK stupid and foolish. Only our MPs take that title.

We have some nationalist too. Specially between right's voters. I consider myself a type of patriot, but love your country does not mean obligatory hate anybody. I dont think that UK is a stupid country. In fact I can understand some worries of the voters. The country has changed very quickly in a very short period of time and maybe some voters have felt that the country was under "invasion" or something like that. We, humans, are in a way like in the caverns period. If we see other humans in our place we will be worried about the existence of more competence for the resources. Maybe the result of the brexit was falt of the politicians. I hope that will be a temporal divorce. I can not see Europe without UK.

The expression water under the bridge means that something is in the past, the British occupation of Ireland is not in the past it is ongoing.

Ok, I see. I didnt met yet anybody from Birmingham. Someday I hope I can visit that place.
The British falsely blame the EU for mass immigration, they should rather blame their own elite and government. They had the opportunity to have a 7-year moratorium on free movement when Eastern Europeans joined, as well as the Germans did, however, unlike the Germans, they didn't apply it. Now they blame the EU and quit while they keep their elite and government in their places.

Also, Birmingham's definitely worth visiting because Decky lives there. :lol:

Watch what happens if you fly into Singapore with […]

Chimps are about six times stronger than the aver[…]

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]