What should England do? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By Scamp
Would like to hear your opinions on what you would do, if you were in charge of England. What would be your reaction to this cowardly Terrorist attack?
By Decky
Full on Stalinism, close down all religious schools, full state atheism, stamp out religion entirely etc.
By Suntzu
First rules of holes, when in a hole stop digging. No more Muslim immigrants! Surveilance of all mosques. Anyone who has traveled to the Middle East should be suspect. Infiltrate the Islamic community.
First, over-reaction is precisely what they want and thus giving terrorists power over our collective decision-making. Bin-Laden managed to get the world's sole Superpower to foolishly waste men and resources in Afghanistan and Iraq. It also let the US government enhance its capabilities of monitoring pretty much everyone across the globe and, through the Patriot Act, ignore any and all freedoms for any individuals when it desires it (other intelligence agencies have of course guilty of this as well).

Calling ones enemies terrorists has become an easy scapegoat for autocratic regimes in labeling political opponents/dissidents as enemies of the state/people, giving legitimacy when none were deserved (e.g. Etiophia). When Nelson Mandela was labeled a terrorist by Apartheid South Africa, there where many who bought that label att face value but eventually the righteous indignation of situation led him to eventually become the president of the very same country.

Now, Islamist terrorists strike a far less sympathetic "freedom fighters" than the late Mandela. I wish there were easy answers on how to respond 'correctly' (many on this forum seems to think there are) but I'm afraid that there simply are none. Every plan moving forward involves cost or sacrifices; of liberties, of security and of lives as well.

TL;DR: We are in for a long ride.....
Stop supporting the Saudi Arabian regime.

Get out of the Middle East. Stop meddling. Stop sending troops. Stop sending bombs.

ISIS wants stupidity, xenophobia, and hatred to blossom, because then their support base grows. Banning immigrants and Islam is only going to strengthen them, and as long as the West keeps reacting like a stupid dog scratching a tick, ISIS will continue.

Most Western countries are already bombing ISIS(and innocents). What're you going to do that you aren't already doing? :knife:
By Scamp
Suntzu wrote:First rules of holes, when in a hole stop digging. No more Muslim immigrants! Surveilance of all mosques. Anyone who has traveled to the Middle East should be suspect. Infiltrate the Islamic community.

Sounds almost exactly like what Trump said during his campaign. I agree that's a start. Expected something more warlike from your name. :lol:
Disaffected and isolated people within society, who are targets for ISIS propaganda and manipulation, are. Stopping immigration isn't going to stop terrorism. Terrorism has other causes that your countries aren't about to change.

Causes of Terrorism
http://handofreason.com/2011/featured/c ... -terrorism
Last edited by Godstud on 24 May 2017 01:50, edited 1 time in total.
By Suntzu
Scamp wrote:Sounds almost exactly like what Trump said during his campaign. I agree that's a start. Expected something more warlike from your name. :lol:

Then you have not read my book. Fighting is the last resort. Along with keeping Muslims out of the west we need to stop meddling in the Middle East, encourage conflict between Sunni and Shiite, arm both sides, make some money.
By Scamp
Suntzu wrote:Then you have not read my book. Fighting is the last resort. Along with keeping Muslims out of the west we need to stop meddling in the Middle East, encourage conflict between Sunni and Shiite, arm both sides, make some money.

"Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy".

We already sell Islamic countries hundreds of Billions in military hardware.

I would fight Terror with Terror.
By Scamp
What would the Jews do?

I would find out where this Terrorist came from or where his family is. Bomb that village. Make sure to hit the nearest hospital and school, and claim that our maps were not accurate. ;)
By Scamp
Banning all future Muslim immigrants, of course, makes England safer. It's a mathematical equation. Deporting Muslims would make England even safer.

Lots of ethnic cleansing campaigns in European history.
Scamp wrote:Deporting Muslims would make England even safer.

Let's deport Christians too. One of them shot an abortion doctor! Let's deport men. Most mass murders are men!

You can see where this is going.
By Suntzu
Scamp wrote:"Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy".

We already sell Islamic countries hundreds of Billions in military hardware.

I would fight Terror with Terror.

Yes! Hunt down and exterminate anyone remotely associated with a terrorist starting with family. The Brits need to arrest ever family member and associate of this latest terrorist.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]