Trump's ambassador to the Netherlands grilled by Dutch reporters for lying and spreading fake news - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
This is hilarious. First his Excellency denies that he said that "there are no-go zones in the Netherlands" and that "Dutch politicians are being burned" even though he is on record for exactly saying that with some emphasis. Then he claims that saying such as thing would be "fake news" and a moment later he claims that it wasn't fake news when he said it.

US reporters ought to follow the example of how Dutch journalists deal with lying politicians.

Next, they made him read the inscription on the embassy’s mantle piece: “May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof.” It doesn’t say anything about notorious liars like Mijnheer Hoekstra. So much dignity, his Excellency, just the right representative for a great America ... :lol:

Almost all people associated with Trump appear to be notorious liars. What kind of world do they live in? Is there nothing that can make these people face reality?

Dutch Reporters Stun Trump’s Ambassador By Pressing Him to Admit He Lied About “No-Go Zones”
This shows why I love the Dutch and the Netherlands.

No nonsense, proud people.

Also, I appreciate the fact that the Dutch Language is so similar to English, which means that all Dutch who attend public school attain a good working knowledge of English. Owing to this, the world of English literature (which covers UK and American politics) is fully accessible to the them. Indeed, English material is indispensable to Dutch college students, and many college lectures are carried out in English, from what I understand.
Also, I appreciate the fact that the Dutch Language is so similar to English, which means that all Dutch who attend public school attain a good working knowledge of English. Owing to this, the world of English literature (which covers UK and American politics) is fully accessible to the them. Indeed, English material is indispensable to Dutch college students, and many college lectures are carried out in English, from what I understand.

Say what you like about about the Dutch (and I often do), but at least they recognise their cultural superiors. :up:
Potemkin wrote:Say what you like about about the Dutch (and I often do), but at least they recognise their cultural superiors. :up:
So it is by observing Dutch society we can tell when the Chinese have become our overlords. :D
Potemkin wrote:Say what you like about about the Dutch (and I often do), but at least they recognise their cultural superiors.

the Dutch influence on Scotland’s culture cannot be underestimated.

In medicine too, Leiden gave the lead. Sir Robert Sibbald, the first Professor of Physic at Edinburgh in 1685, was educated there and went on to create Edinburgh’s famous Botanical Gardens - based on Dutch models for medical gardens. When Edinburgh University established its world-famous Medical Faculty in 1726, its founder, Alexander Munro, and four of its professors had all studied at Leiden and taught a modern curriculum based on Leiden’s own .Even Edinburgh’s Royal Infirmary, opened in 1741, was based on a Leiden hospital.

;)
Potemkin wrote:Stop trying to confuse me with the facts, Philby! >:

*mutter*typical Dutchman....*mutter* :eh:

Don’t let it upset you, mate. The Indonesians learnt to take everything they could from the cloggies and then tuff ‘em out. Not a shred of thanks, mind you. Just pragmatism really. After all, the Dutch were very nasty to the Indonesians. I can’t see why the Scots need to take a different approach.
Last edited by foxdemon on 12 Jan 2018 09:03, edited 1 time in total.
This isn't about an individual lying or about a particularly inadequate Trump clone. It's a lot more sinister than that. This is about GOP supporters in the US and ultra-nationalists elsewhere deliberately concocting and spreading fake news and conspiracy theories to serve their racist political agenda:

A CNN report published this week documented multiple times that Hoekstra has referred to “no-go zones” in European cities during appearances on conservative media, including talk radio and a print op-ed, and other instances in which he had fueled conspiracy theories about Muslims.

Reporters to Trump ambassador: ‘This is the Netherlands — you have to answer questions’

These people go around for years spreading news they know to be fake and then suddenly expect the press to forget all about it even if they steadfastly refuse to retract their lies.

Pete Hoekstra, a former 18-year Republican congressman from Michigan who served for several years as chair of the House Intelligence Committee, was nominated by President Donald Trump last July to serve as ambassador to the Netherlands and confirmed by the Senate in November.

After leaving Congress in 2011, Hoekstra in 2014 joined the Investigative Project on Terrorism, a non-profit group that describes itself as the "world's most comprehensive data center on radical Islamic terrorist groups."

A KFile review of Hoekstra's time with the group reveals he claimed on multiple occasions that there are "no-go zones" in European cities and speculated as much as 15% of Muslims are extremists, a number that totals 270 million. He also promoted conspiracy theories asserting longtime Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin had connections to the Muslim Brotherhood and said he considered the possibility that then-President Barack Obama was allowing radical Islam to proliferate on purpose.

Hoekstra was also a frequent guest on a radio program hosted by Frank Gaffney, an anti-Muslim conspiracy theorist based in Washington who warns of the "creeping" influence of Sharia law worldwide.

Hoekstra drew criticism last month for denying in an interview with the Dutch news program Nieuwsuur that he made comments in 2015 asserting that there are Muslim-controlled neighborhoods in Europe that are so dangerous that non-Muslims cannot enter.

There is no evidence to support claims of so-called "no-go zones" in Europe. In 2015, Fox News had to issue an apology and a correction for comments made by a pundit on its air claiming the existence of such zones across Europe. That pundit was Steve Emerson, who runs the Investigative Project on Terrorism where Hoekstra served as a fellow.

New US ambassador to Netherlands regularly made unsubstantiated 'no-go zones' claims, speculated 15% of Muslims could be jihadists

Hoekstra is a "former 18-year Republican congressman" and "chair of the House Intelligence Committee" who worked for the self-declared "world's most comprehensive data center on radical Islamic terrorist groups." The man isn't a lone liar who made an unfortunate gaff. This man is part of a concerted disinformation campaign linked to the GOP.

Here is an account of the press conference for those who haven't been able to see the video (even though nothing beats the look of utter stupidity on the face of this Trump clone in the video):

“There are cars being burned. There are politicians that are being burned,” he said then, at a conference hosted by a conservative group. “AND YES, THERE ARE NO-GO-ZONES in the Netherlands.”

---

“Everybody there had one question: That crazy statement you made, are you going to withdraw it?” Roel Geeraedts, a political reporter at the Dutch television station RTL Nieuws, said in a phone interview about the event. “We were not getting answers, so we all kept asking it.”

---

After at least one person had already asked the question, Geeraedts followed up to ask Hoekstra about a John Adams quote — Adams was America's first ambassador to Holland — that was mounted right behind the new ambassador.

Hoekstra said he had read the quote, which expresses Adams's hope that only “honest and wise men ever rule under this roof.”

“If you’re truly an honest and wise man, could you please take back the remark about burned politicians or name the politician that was burned in the Netherlands?” Geeraedts asked.

An uncomfortable silence followed the question.

“Thank you,” Hoekstra said, before trying to call on someone else over the clamor of the reporters in the room.

“Excuse me, I asked you a question,” Geeraedts said.

Another journalist jumped in.

“Mr. Ambassador, can you mention any example of a Dutch politician who was burned in recent years?”

Again, silence, as Hoekstra stared around the room.

“This is the Netherlands — you have to answer questions,” another reporter said.

Sherry Keneson-Hall, an embassy counselor who was helping to run the news conference, pushed back, asserting that Hoekstra was answering the questions.

At least one more journalist repeated the question. Reporters asked it at least five times.

“We were all astonished that he didn’t want to take back the comment. It was simply untrue, so why not take it back?” Geeraedts said. “It was awkward, to be honest.”

One could almost feel sorry for the intellectual depravity of these people, if they didn't have such a devastating effect on world affairs.
Today he apologized to the newspaper the Telegraaf.

Hoekstra says he can no longer remember how he came to the statement, nor what it's based on. "I have mixed up countries. I was wrong, and I do not know how that could've happened. The one thing I know: it was wrong. "

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Born in the Netherlands mind you.

-----------

Where do you live Reichstraten?
Check this out:

Dutch Politician Blames Trump For Attack On Kosher Restaurant

December 7, 2017 By JTA

Google maps

AMSTERDAM (JTA) — A major coalition party in the Netherlands blamed President Trump for an assault against a kosher restaurant by a man carrying a Palestinian flag.

A spokesperson for the left-leaning Democrats 66 party made the accusation Thursday, hours after the assault on the HaCarmel restaurant, which some see as a reaction to Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as Israel capital on Wednesday.

Reinier van Dantzig, who heads the party’s faction on the Amsterdam city council, wrote on Twitter: “How awful that this happened. It shows how thoughtless statements by the leader of the free world have direct consequences. Let us show clearly that there is no room for intolerance in Amsterdam!”

Herman Loonstein, a Dutch-Jewish leader who heads the Federative Jewish Netherlands group, condemned van Dantzig’s statement as “cowardly and obscene,” adding it was a form of “victim blaming.”

Police said the perpetrator, whom a spokesperson described as a “pro-Palestinian activist,” was a 29-year-old foreigner with a temporary residence permit.

The Organization of Jewish Communities in The Netherlands, or NIK, said in a statement the incident was “nothing less than act of terror.”

Witnesses of the attack, which occurred as passersby and two police officers looked on, said the perpetrator shouted “Allah hu akbar,” Arabic for “Allah is the greatest,” and “Palestine” as he smashed the restaurant’s windows, kicked down its door and took out an Israeli flag from the interior, which he then threw on the sidewalk. The officers arrested him after he returned with the flag.

The restaurant’s employees were inside the restaurant during the attack but no patrons were present as it had not yet opened. No one was injured in the incident, which resulted in hundreds of dollars worth of damage.

Read more: https://forward.com/fast-forward/389472 ... estaurant/

How’s that for stupid? They accept Islamic terrorists in their country and then blame Trump when Jews get attacked.

It is about time the US carpet bombed Holland. It is kinder that way.
Philby wrote:Today he apologized to the newspaper the Telegraaf.

So, are Trump clones capable of human intelligence? Let's look at what he said:

Hoekstra says he can no longer remember how he came to the statement, nor what it's based on. "I have mixed up countries. I was wrong, and I do not know how that could've happened. The one thing I know: it was wrong. "

He can't remember a political agenda he has been pushing for decades? Are we talking about a personality change, split personality, or amnesia in the clinical sense? He can't remember making that statement which he repeated numerous times? He mixed up countries even though he repeatedly referred to the Netherlands? Perhaps he didn't know there are different countries in Europe? Perhaps he lost his birth certificate and didn't remember that he was born in the Netherlands?

Forced to face the facts by people who don't take sh*t for an answer, he could not but admit that he was wrong in this case. However, at the same time he goes on implying that what he says is still valid for all other countries he doesn't know f*ck all about. Since it is unlikely that he will also be nominated ambassador to Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Sweden, Norway, etc., he will go on spreading lies and fake news to perpetuate his racist conspiracy theories.

This is not even a sorry pretense of an apology, which he offered only because his overlord at the White House never has any qualms about cutting off the lifeline of even his best and nearest when they don't perform adequately in promoting his perverted intentions.

Born in the Netherlands mind you.

I realize that it is incomprehensible to racists like you, but there are good and bad people in every country. However, what this case clearly shows is that the latter seem to congregate on the bloody US of A, where they find the right environment to prosper in all their depravity.

foxdemon wrote:It is about time the US carpet bombed Holland. It is kinder that way.

I love it when the closet imperialists have their coming out to show their real face. It makes it so much easier to awaken Europeans to the terrible price they have to pay for Yankee imperialism in terms of refugees, terrorism, social and political instability, military spending and economic hardship. We need a global movement to stop the Yankee parasites from sucking the world economy into the coffers of the US plutocracy.

And yes, the Dutch reporters are correct: US imperialism is the primary driver for terrorism in this world. The US is directly responsible for the Palestine/Israel conflict, the rise of Al Qaeda and IS, etc. Muslims living in Berlin, Paris or Cairo, who feel offended by the ultra-racist president of the US, generally don't have the means to go and hit at the heart of evil in the US, they will vent their anger at the next target wherever they happen to be.

The US is promoting social and political unrest and civil war in foes and friends alike, that cannot end well.
It is dreadfully hard for an American to embarrass himself to the Dutch but this moron has figured out how. Perhaps it is because he is Dutch himself.

What became of the good 'ole days when ambassadorships were rewards for wealthy donors?
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]