USSR-Russia. 1988-2018. Timeline. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Over the past 30 years, Russia has gone through a very difficult path. There are few people in the world who imagine this process. And not only in the West, but many people forget this already in Russia itself. Also, very many who knew Russia only in the 1990s, are judged on it for that period. In one English-language forum, I tried to illustrate this path with separate photos, most emphatically emphasizing the changes. Without any specific logic and not in time sequence. In the calculation for a long process :) Then I decided that the work was not wasted, "immortalize" it in a darknet, in the ZeroNet network. And after - and on this forum :)

I hope someone will be interested. Do not hesitate to comment.
I'll start with pictures to draw attention :)

1988 was the year when the USSR still seemed inviolable, but the processes of its reorganization were already in full swing. The iron curtain collapsed and Western values poured into the USSR. Cinema, literature, TV shows, beauty contests ... It was in 1988 in the USSR that mass beauty contests began at all levels, from local clubs to the official state level :)

Lenin_na_pervom_konkurse_krasoty_v_SSSR_1988_god_4.jpg
Lenin_na_pervom_konkurse_krasoty_v_SSSR_1988_god_4.jpg (37.28 KiB) Viewed 3217 times
And here is the red square in our time. I specially publish here not some official photo, which you have seen so much, but just a photo of my daughter with a walk :)

20140409-1902-img_8407.jpg
20140409-1902-img_8407.jpg (71.81 KiB) Viewed 3217 times
It will take a long story to break through a thick layer of mythology.

Russia after the collapse of the Soviet Union was very weak. The USSR was, in fact, a confederation of independent states. Therefore, when the power weakened, it easily fell apart. Russia is also a composite state, a federation of several republics. When the republics of which the USSR was made became independent, the tendencies towards separatism also began in the republics of Russia. Especially, after Yeltsin said - "Take as much sovereignty as you can swallow." The Chechen Republic was extremely nationalistic, they did not like Russians, and it almost immediately gained not legal but actual independence. Alas, but one independence is not enough to feed and rally people. Chechnya actively cultivated a Russian image of the enemy. Ethnic cleansing began. Russians were killed, expelled from the republic, taken into slavery, publicly executed. Exact numbers will no longer be ever, but it is believed that in Chechnya at that time of genocide, about 30,000 Russians were killed. And another 200,000 Russians fled to Russia, leaving homes and property. But Russia was so weak that it did not do anything even after such events.

But this was not enough. And Chechnya began to attack neighboring regions and commit acts of terrorism in Russia itself. In 1994, Russia tried to bring order in Chechnya by force. Unfortunately, almost all Soviet weapons in the territory of Chechnya went to the militants. All of them under the USSR passed military training. Their commander, Dzhokhar Dudayev, was an experienced Soviet general. And so the war was very close on equal terms. Here is a photograph of what Grozny turned into after the Chechen troops were defeated.

huge.jpeg
huge.jpeg (114.85 KiB) Viewed 3217 times
Two Chechen wars continued from 1994 to 2000. In 2000, Chechen troops and gangs, in general, were defeated. And the pro-Russian government was brought to power. The process of restoration of the region began. This then for many years caused much resentment among Russian nationalists. Their favorite slogan for many years: "Enough to feed Chechnya!" But the result is on the face. The terrorist attacks in Russia have practically ceased, and Grozny today looks like this:
119ssii.jpg
119ssii.jpg (89.44 KiB) Viewed 3217 times
And this is just a photograph without a deep background :) 1991 year. The failure of the putsch of the State Emergency Committee, which tried to preserve the USSR. On the plate the slogan: "Down with the CPSU!"

06-4371520-13.jpg
06-4371520-13.jpg (58.3 KiB) Viewed 3217 times
Perhaps, while I take a pause. I'll continue later. I hope this is interesting :) Lastly, two photos. Moscow in 1992...
38fd4959652096cef922f4f7df6d0f75.jpg
38fd4959652096cef922f4f7df6d0f75.jpg (98.86 KiB) Viewed 3217 times
Good lives only Moscow and St. Petersburg. The rest of Russia is a colony of these abodes of evil.

All of Russia is under the rule of the Moscow oligarchy, which pumps out natural resources to the West. Russian gold is being pumped into the banks of new York and London, where they find refuge of scoundrels of all stripes.
Balancer wrote:Two Chechen wars continued from 1994 to 2000. In 2000, Chechen troops and gangs, in general, were defeated. And the pro-Russian government was brought to power. The process of restoration of the region began. This then for many years caused much resentment among Russian nationalists. Their favorite slogan for many years: "Enough to feed Chechnya!" But the result is on the face. The terrorist attacks in Russia have practically ceased, and Grozny today looks like this:
119ssii.jpg

Stopped talking? Link

But these guys happy. Link
2933057_4_1516597964.jpg
2933057_4_1516597964.jpg (50.11 KiB) Viewed 3154 times
Lipetsk Tractor plant. Complete devastation and defeat.

Rubtsovsk, 2015. From the largest engineering centre of Siberia were only ruins.

The looting of the giant, plant ATZ Rubtsovsk.

The demolition of the historic plant “ZIL”

The demolition of the shops of the plant "Serp&Molot"

The destruction of Chusovoy metallurgical works

Abandoned and deserted villages in Russia.

what is left of the village Sinegorye.Magadan region

Magadan oblast, once a large village of Atka 200 kilometers North of Magadan. Now it remains solid and 200 people in local communities.
All the ruined and deserted towns of the vast Russian North.

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]