USSR-Russia. 1988-2018. Timeline. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
In the middle of impoverished Russia are enclaves of luxury living and the "middle class". They are surrounded by a fence and guarded by paramilitary forces of the oligarchy.

All this beauty is contained in the plunder of natural resources. Many of these people have never been in Russia, their route usually lies close to the international airport.
MrCredo wrote:Good lives only Moscow and St. Petersburg. The rest of Russia is a colony of these abodes of evil.

Not all so unambiguously. The average standard of living in Russia is about half that of Moscow. This stratification roughly corresponds to other countries of the world. Do not you think that the average income in the American outback will be the same as in New York? :)

15 years ago, the difference in income in Moscow and the rest of Russia was fourfold. So there is progress.
MrCredo wrote:The result of the Board quasilinearly criminal gang destroyed industry and agriculture, destroyed millions of the population.

Yes. When the USSR collapsed, a lot was destroyed in the country. Fortunately, this is history and the country is now recovering.

For example, in my district center with a population of 28 thousand people, recently opened a factory for the production of digital electronics.

http://dtvs.ru/

7b.jpg
7b.jpg (49.22 KiB) Viewed 2981 times
A modest motorcade of Kadyrov.

I don't blame him for having a huge motorcade. Security is a rather pressing concern for a guy like Kadyrov. I'm only surprised that he doesn't rumble through the streets of Grozny in an armoured tank. Lol. :lol:
Balancer wrote:Not all so unambiguously. The average standard of living in Russia is about half that of Moscow. This stratification roughly corresponds to other countries of the world. Do not you think that the average income in the American outback will be the same as in New York? :)

15 years ago, the difference in income in Moscow and the rest of Russia was fourfold. So there is progress.

15 years ago the province had a salary of 3,500 rubles, in Moscow 8000 rubles, it is not a salary, and in the deliberate destruction of the province. Why you need this salary, when you around the impoverished population, a shattered infrastructure. In the same Moscow high pensions and capital surcharges to pensioners free of charge by "card Muscovite".
MrCredo wrote:People work for an average salary of 12,000 rubles ($212)

You make an amendment to the purchasing power of the ruble. In those places, prices are lower than in the capital region. For example, a kilogram of meat costs 200-300 rubles. That is, a person for one salary can buy 40-60 kilograms of meat. If in the US the pound of meat costs about $5, then it equals $400-$600 per month after the deduction of all taxes. Or $6000-$10,000 per year. This, of course, is not enough. But it's not so catastrophic as the number "$212" looks like. And this is the salary of an unskilled worker.

In the 1990s, there were salaries, often, about $40 a month. Many people did not receive their salaries for months at all. And what they got was instantly consumed by hyperinflation.
MrCredo wrote:Stopped talking? Link

Yes. The number of terrorist attacks fell many times. Your link to that confirmation.

2010 251
2011 188
2012 151
2013 144
2014 48
2015 21
2016 54
2017 30
Potemkin wrote:I don't blame him for having a huge motorcade. Security is a rather pressing concern for a guy like Kadyrov. I'm only surprised that he doesn't rumble through the streets of Grozny in an armoured tank. Lol. :lol:

They live in kindred clans and controlled big business in Russia.

The Chechens control the fuel business, the Azerbaijanis shopping centers, the Armenians engaged in road construction.
Philby wrote:What are you trying to tell us MrCredo? Balancer just posted some (personal) pics. :?:

This is such a category of people. Typical representative of the Russian opposition :)
Balancer wrote:You make an amendment to the purchasing power of the ruble. In those places, prices are lower than in the capital region. For example, a kilogram of meat costs 200-300 rubles. That is, a person for one salary can buy 40-60 kilograms of meat. If in the US the pound of meat costs about $5, then it equals $400-$600 per month after the deduction of all taxes. Or $6000-$10,000 per year. This, of course, is not enough. But it's not so catastrophic as the number "$212" looks like. And this is the salary of an unskilled worker.

In the 1990s, there were salaries, often, about $40 a month. Many people did not receive their salaries for months at all. And what they got was instantly consumed by hyperinflation.

In addition, "Azbuka vkusa" there are plenty of markets and hypermarkets at wholesale prices where goods and products are cheaper than in the regions and more choice. Besides, now developed e-Commerce, with cheap delivery in the city.

In Moscow, road travel transportation and real estate, products, items, services, tickets. This is all comparable to regional or even lower for some items.
Balancer wrote:This is such a category of people. Typical representative of the Russian opposition :)

That kind of nonsense? Did you jump on the squares in Moscow in 1991-m to year, while the rest of the population worked in factories and farms. This is where you have liberal slot eternally dissatisfied Muscovites. We have the opposition and hundreds of people not gaining, there you have hundreds of thousands of demonstrations are held.
William Bennett wrote:Same location of course to be relevant, is t?

The place is not the same, but the combination roughly transfers the changes that happened to the light hyperbole :) I have more placed that pair of photos as an illustration of the main change in people's attitude. The first half of the 1990s was a constant search for means to survive. Traded almost everything, traded who than can. My mother from the Kaliningrad region went to Vilnius, where she bought a Chinese wristwatch and sold them on the market. I did and sold homemade computers ZX-Spectrum. I was engaged in small street construction, for example, with a team of the same students put the roofs on beer stalls :) Several times it was that I do 2-3 days without food at all - there was nothing at home, money to buy at least bread - was not :) My friends were trading on the street. Someone with cigarettes and beer, someone -
  books ...

Slow improvements in the standard of living began somewhere only after 1994. And the city (Moscow) began to slowly improve only in the 2000s. In the rest of Russia, landscaping began literally only in recent years, in 2010..2014.

If you try to be as accurate as possible, then the place, roughly corresponding to my modern photo with fountains, in 1993 looked something like this. This is the Moscow park Sokolniki.

6763c0e5cbc5219fdf3284c2bbd08c5e.jpg
6763c0e5cbc5219fdf3284c2bbd08c5e.jpg (105.53 KiB) Viewed 2955 times
I think the characteristic attitude of people towards the current state of affairs is their readiness for a mass appearance at protest rallies. Therefore, I will now lay out a small series of photos showing the protest scale in Moscow from year to year. I will specifically try to select photos with a wide angle, because the narrow angle allows the photographer to greatly change the accent and many use it :) The photos below (while I'm selecting what I need) illustrates how this happens :)

554452_291804514275148_1783430671_n.jpg
554452_291804514275148_1783430671_n.jpg (40.94 KiB) Viewed 2954 times
February 4, 1990. A rally for the abolition of Article 6 of the Constitution of the USSR ("on the leading role of the Communist Party"). Speech for the abolition of a one-party system. It is important to understand that this rally is not against the USSR, but only for changes in its political structure. A little later I will explain why this is important :)

01_TASS_195518.jpg
01_TASS_195518.jpg (102.8 KiB) Viewed 2954 times
And this is on February 23, 1991. A rally for the preservation of the whole USSR, for Gorbachev and against Yeltsin. At the all-Union referendum on March 17, 1991, 77.85% voted to preserve the USSR. Ordinary people did not want the collapse of the country, despite all the aggressive propaganda of the independence of the republics.

04_TASS_45006.jpg
04_TASS_45006.jpg (80.16 KiB) Viewed 2954 times
But 22.15% voted against the preservation of the USSR. Although this is a minority in relative numbers, this is also a huge number of people. Here is the rally on March 10, 1991 at the Manege Square. For the resignation of Gorbachev, in support of Yeltsin and for the referendum on the disintegration of the USSR.

tumblr_lwo5zpeQYx1r0dn8xo6_1280.jpg
tumblr_lwo5zpeQYx1r0dn8xo6_1280.jpg (123.61 KiB) Viewed 2954 times
In the future, political activity slowly declined. In the first half of the 1990s everything was so bad that people had little time for rallies. People either took up arms as they did in 1993, or just sat at home and tried to survive in the new conditions. Then, in October 1993, I landed in the thick of events, sat hiding on the construction site near the White House :)

213529136.jpg
213529136.jpg (76.4 KiB) Viewed 2953 times
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you really believe that America decides how Uk[…]

Handcuffed medics, patients with medical equipmen[…]

@Pants-of-dog it is not harassment for students […]

So do many other races and people. This genetic […]