Hungary’s Viktor Orban wins third straight term in power - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Hungary to criminalise migrant helpers in crackdown

The Hungarian government has drafted new laws to criminalise those who help irregular migrants seeking asylum.

If passed in its current form, the legislation could make printing leaflets with information for asylum-seekers and offering them food or legal advice a criminal offence.

The constitution will also be amended to prevent other EU countries from transferring asylum seekers to Hungary.

Nationalist Prime Minister Viktor Orban is defying EU policy on migration.
Hungary has built a formidable southern border fence to keep migrants out

Hungary, Poland, the Czech Republic and Slovakia oppose an EU scheme for relocating 160,000 refugees from Syria and Eritrea to EU partners of Italy and Greece, where migrant camps are overcrowded.

The BBC's Nick Thorpe in Budapest says Hungary's parliament is debating the draft laws despite the fact that very few migrants or refugees try to enter Hungary now, due to a double-thickness razor-wire fence on the southern border.
Mr Orban's right-wing Fidesz party has a two-thirds majority in parliament; the vote on the new laws is expected to happen next week. Mr Orban was re-elected last month for a third term.

The legislation is called a "Stop Soros Act", reflecting the government's antipathy towards billionaire philanthropist George Soros, whom it accuses of encouraging Muslim immigration to Europe.

Mr Soros, who was born in Hungary, dismissed that accusation on Tuesday, in a speech at the European Council on Foreign Relations think-tank in Paris. He said Mr Orban was challenging the EU's core values.

Hungary's Magyar Hirlap daily says prison sentences, ranging from a few days to a year, are envisaged for people who smuggle migrants in, help them to get asylum or who fund illegal immigration.

In 2015 Hungary was on the transit route for an estimated one million asylum seekers - many of them fleeing the wars in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan. Most headed on to Germany, but the erection of border fences in the Balkans in 2016 reduced the influx drastically.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44288242

In this case, walls seem to work.
Nobody should undermine the Hungarian Government's policy or they will feel the consequences.
Orban 1 - Soros 0
Ter wrote:http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44288242

In this case, walls seem to work.
Nobody should undermine the Hungarian Government's policy or they will feel the consequences.
Orban 1 - Soros 0

I have a magic rock that will keep lions and tigers away.

My evidence is that there are no lions or tigers in my living room, where I keep the magic rock.

I will sell it to you for one million Euros.

Also, it is interesting to see people applaud censorship.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I have a ]magic rock that will keep lions and tigers away.

My evidence is that there are no lions or tigers in my living room, where I keep the magic rock.

I will sell it to you for one million Euros.

Thanks but no thanks, keep your rock.

BBC wrote:In 2015 Hungary was on the transit route for an estimated one million asylum seekers - many of them fleeing the wars in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan. Most headed on to Germany, but the erection of border fences in the Balkans in 2016 reduced the influx drastically.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Also, it is interesting to see people applaud censorship.

I see, you cry only for illegal immigrants.
I didn't see you protest when they arrested Tommy for speaking out.
Ter wrote:Thanks but no thanks, keep your rock.

But you believe in Orban’s walls, which seem just as effective as my magic rock.

The text you quoted even supports my point. It says that most migrants were just goin through Hungary and had no intention of staying there.

I see, you cry only for illegal immigrants.
I didn't see you protest when they arrested Tommy for speaking out.

Do you or do you not support this law that would censor those who support the migrants?
Pants-of-dog wrote:The text you quoted even supports my point. It says that most migrants were just goin through Hungary and had no intention of staying there.

So the wall saved Europe from many illegal immigrants, or at least Hungary played its part.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Do you or do you not support this law that would censor those who support the migrants?

I am against massive illegal immigration, especially Muslim immigration.
Ter wrote:So the wall saved Europe from many illegal immigrants, or at least Hungary played its part.

:?:

Are you under the impression that the migrants, upon arriving on Hungary’s borders and seeing the wall, all magically went back to the Middle East?

I am against massive illegal immigration, especially Muslim immigration.

Thank you for that entirely useless information.

I was asking about the censorship. Do you support it or not?
Pants-of-dog wrote:Thank you for that entirely useless information.

I was asking about the censorship. Do you support it or not?

The information was not useless.
I am saying that Hungary has the right to keep those illegal immigrants out of their country and therefore they can use any means they see fit. It is their country.
Soros will use his money and his NGOs to undermine the decisions made by the democratically elected government of Hungary.
I hope this answers your question.

Now my turn: do you approve the way the British Government arrested and jailed Tommy because he was reporting about the Pakistani Muslim gang preying, grooming and raping English girls since long ?
Hungary, Poland, the Czech Republic and Slovakia oppose an EU scheme for relocating 160,000 refugees from Syria and Eritrea to EU partners of Italy and Greece, where migrant camps are overcrowded.

President Mattarella made a mistake for sure as I just can't wait to see a showdown between Italian populists and the Hungarian government! :excited:

Those lightweights just don't know who their merciless opponent will be: The man who's always right and he knows it!

:lol:
Ter wrote:The information was not useless.

Yes, your feelings about immigration are not relevant.

I was asking you about censorship and you ignored it.

I am saying that Hungary has the right to keep those illegal immigrants out of their country and therefore they can use any means they see fit. It is their country.

No, you were taling about your feelings instead.

Soros will use his money and his NGOs to undermine the decisions made by the democratically elected government of Hungary.

Your belief in conspiracy theories is also irrelevant.

I hope this answers your question.

Not at all. I asked if you support the censorship law.

Now my turn: do you approve the way the British Government arrested and jailed Tommy because he was reporting about the Pakistani Muslim gang preying, grooming and raping English girls since long ?

I do not have enough information to comment intelligently.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, your feelings about immigration are not relevant

Those are not my feelings.
Are you trying to copy TIG by talking about feelings?
Orban won a two-thirds majority from the Hungarian electorate.
All because of their feelings, right?

Pants-of-dog wrote:No, you were taling about your feelings instead.

See higher.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Your belief in conspiracy theories is also irrelevant.

It is not a conspiracy theory.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Not at all. I asked if you support the censorship law.

And I answered the question.
Ter wrote:I am saying that Hungary has the right to keep those illegal immigrants out of their country and therefore they can use any means they see fit. It is their country.

If that is not enough of an answer to you, I will make little drawings to accompany my posts.
Ter wrote:Those are not my feelings.
Are you trying to copy TIG by talking about feelings?
Orban won a two-thirds majority from the Hungarian electorate.
All because of their feelings, right?

See higher.

It is not a conspiracy theory.

And I answered the question.

If that is not enough of an answer to you, I will make little drawings to accompany my posts.

No, you have not answered my question as to whether or not you support the censorship law.

I assume you do since you believe the Soros conspiracy theory.
Pants-of-dog wrote:No, you have not answered my question as to whether or not you support the censorship law.

I assume you do since you believe the Soros conspiracy theory.

You are funny when you think you are the inquisitor general, repeating questions again and again. That tactic has lost all value here on Pofo. I for one do not play that game any more.

It is strange that you persist in calling Soros's manipulations to promote globalism a conspiracy theory. It is common knowledge.
Ter wrote:You are funny when you think you are the inquisitor general, repeating questions again and again. That tactic has lost all value here on Pofo. I for one do not play that game any more.

It is strange that you persist in calling Soros's manipulations to promote globalism a conspiracy theory. It is common knowledge.

If you do not wish to answer a question, that is your prerogative.

When I discuss conspiracy theories in this thread, I am specifically referring to the claims that Orban has made about Soros, such as when he “claims Soros is attempting to destroy the Hungarian nation and Europe's Christian identity by promoting the settlement of millions of Muslim migrants. He alleges Soros employs paid "mercenaries" and in March claimed in a video message that his government knows the names of 2,000 such "Soros mercenaries," hinting that they are being kept under surveillance.”

http://www.dw.com/en/hungarys-viktor-or ... a-43381963

None of what you said implies it is legal to haras[…]

That was weird

No, it won't. Only the Democrats will be hurt by […]

No. There is nothing arbitrary about whether peop[…]