Is Russia European? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By Zamuel
Atlantis wrote:The dark heart of the Empire beats in London, somewhere between Downing Street, Whitehall, the City, Fleet Street and the gentlemen's clubs of Mayfair.

I'm not prone to agreeing with you, but in this case I do. EU has it's own oligarchs and they are suing the English banks these days. Between themselves and their Russian cousins they are milking the confrontation for every dime they can get. And there are Americans in on it too. This bunch has been reinforcing Donald Trump, and using him to drive EU sentiments in a profitable direction.

Zam :smokin:
By Godstud
No. Russia is not European, as you can see in this detailed map.
Heisenberg wrote:Realistically, for Russia to come back into the European fold, NATO needs to be disbanded, since it is now essentially an aggressive anti-Russian alliance. Of course, the Transatlantic arms industry benefits too much from NATO's existence, so that isn't going to happen any time soon.

Nato is still expanding with several countries in the Balkans, Eastern European and Central Asia aspiring to Nato membership or some sort of association agreement.

Corbyn isn't going to take the UK out off Nato. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. Then, why do you want the pie in the sky when there are realistic alternatives? To torpedo realistic alternatives makes you an objective Nato lackey.

Europeans will only be able to pursue a foreign policy that is independent of Anglo imperialism by joining forces. The only realistic framework now and in the foreseeable is the EU's Pesco program. Irrespective of any stated aims, it will invariably serve European interests when there is a conflict of interest between Europe and the US. The fact that the British have vetoed EU military cooperation for 45 years speaks a clear language. The British want to hang onto Nato because it can be used as a USUK foreign policy tool.

To build Pesco takes time. It's not possible overnight, but it is possible. United, Europe has more than enough resources to defend itself. It's the only realistic alternative. In the meantime, I prefer Germany to stay inside Nato because by judiciously using its influence it can have a moderating influence. For example, the US under GWB have tried to pull Ukraine into Nato since at least 2008. It is only because of the German, French and Italian vetoes that this was prevented. We would have had a war with Russia otherwise. Russia will never give up Sevastopol to the Anglo Imperialists.

I always knew the dark heart of the Empire was Tottenham Court Road tube station. The Central Line is its aorta, and the Northern Line is the vena cava. :excited:

Have you been seeing things again - under the influence? Don't worry, it has happened to me, it'll wear off. Having filled my shopping bags with heady stuff at Grant & Cutler and Fowles on Charing Cross Road, I would wander over to the Greek restaurants in Charlotte Street to fill up on Raki, but I would always find my way back to Tottenham Court Road tube station for the Northern Line to take me back to the quieter parts of Hampstead.

No, Heisenberg, that is far as you can get away from the Empire in London.
OMG what a cheap idiotic propaganda-video!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

However, if antifascism is one of the most striking characteristics of Europe then the real Europe in fact is Russia. Especially today when parts of EU openly celebrate Nazis.

BTW, geographically speaking Europe is only a Russian peninsula. 8)

https://twitter.com/TheBigDataStats/status/1399589[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled […]

In Canada, Indigenous people have been harassed r[…]

That was weird

No, it won't. Only the Democrats will be hurt by […]