Royal Wedding Today! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By Albert
[center-img]https://nyppagesix.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/prince-harry-meghan-markle.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1[/center-img]

Who is going to watch it? It is about in two hours.

God save the queen!
By Godstud
God save the Queen!

I won't be watching it, but I wish them all the best.
By B0ycey
I won't be watching it and Harry's blood ain't royal anyway. Probably explains why he is at least likeable. But thanks for taking millions from the tax payer for you big day. I don't want to hear we can't afford to pay our nurses correctly from Hunt the next time a review comes forward from the government.
By Decky
I hope they get leprosy. Fucking freeloaders getting married with my tax money, I could be at Weatherperson's right now spending that money. :*( They are as bad as Albert, thinking the world owes them a living, cruising through life on other people's money.
By B0ycey
Albert wrote:Two wrong do not make a right, stop pooping on the party Boycey.

Two wrongs make two wrongs Albert. Even more reason to poop on the party. I don't agree on born privilage and consider the Royal family a bigger tax burden than dole dossers. The Russian economy boomed once they got rid of the Tsars, and I think it is a massive misnomer that they are needed to generate a tourist attraction boom for the UK. That assertion is completely baseless. France, a republic for example, has a much greater tourism economy than the UK. Perhaps they were on to something with the guillotine.
By Albert
Communist ruined Russia, because of them Russians finds itself in the rot today. Most importantly they ruined the spiritual foundation.
By B0ycey
Albert wrote:Communist ruined Russia, because of them Russians finds itself in the rot today. Most importantly they ruined the spiritual foundation.

Russia was in a ruins because of the Tsars Albert. Hence why there was a revolution. People don't fight for no reason. For what it is worth, I agree that Stalin ruined the spiritual and decency of Russia and betrayed the working class. But he did make Russia an economic success until the 90's when the system collapsed on itself. And is the reason why Putin thinks highly of him despite his flaws.
Constitutional monarchies are disproportionately stable and prosperous. Republicans have no argument when it comes to that. All they have is boneheaded ideological fervour and perhaps a dislike for continuity and tradition. As for Communists and stability and prosperity ... :lol:.

Long live the Queen and all the best to the couple!
By B0ycey
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Long live the Queen and all the best to the couple!

Perhaps Austria can take them and we should bring back the Kaiser. Now that was a success. :lol:
By Albert
@B0ycey
Communism is a radical ideological organization, they did nothing good for Russia, everything that came out that was good in communism was because of what Soviet Union had inherited from the Russian Empire.

Spiritual foundation is the most sacred for any society. You destroy that you destroy the society itself. In many ways Russia is actually lucky it still exist today, after the communist 'experiment'.
By B0ycey
Albert wrote:@B0ycey
Communism is a radical ideological organization, they did nothing good for Russia, everything that came out that was good in communism was because of what Soviet Union had inherited from Russian Empire.

Spiritual foundation is the most sacred for any society. You destroy that you destroy the society itself. In many ways Russia is actually lucky it still exist today, after the communist 'experiment'.

I mostly agree with you Albert. But there is no doubt the revolution was a economic success for the country, perhaps not the populous. The Tsars turned Russia into Greenlands. A frozen wasteland. Lenin took them into a new direction. And Stalin made them a superpower. But all this was in the expense of the proletariat.
B0ycey wrote:Perhaps Austria can take them and we should bring back the Kaiser. Now that was a success. :lol:

Honestly, it is beyond me why people think a ceremonial head of state who is elected is better and actually feel strongly about it. Especially in a European context how can you not come to the conclusion that constitutional monarchies are at least as good as or better than republics?

Additionally, it's pretty clear that a substantial part of the population loves their respective royals. I'd rather have them follow and be fascinated with them than the Kardashians or similar. Royals make far superior role models than pretty much any celebrity or pop star I can think of.

Then you have the history, continuity and tradition of the royal houses.

I think it was certainly a mistake to get rid of the Austrian royals or at least nothing was gained from it.
By Albert
That is simply not true Boycey. Yes there is much criticism of the late Romanov dynasty and monarchy that I agree with. They did make wrong decisions that resulted in poor governance, however; Russian empire was not the bare wasteland before communism as modern history seems to remember as.

In many ways I see the Romanovs betrayed the spiritual foundation of Russia themselves.
Albert wrote:That is simply not true Boycey. Yes there is much criticism of the late Romanov dynasty and monarchy that I agree with. They did make wrong decisions that resulted in poor governance, however; Russian empire was not the bare wasteland before communism as modern history seems to remember as.

As far as I can tell, that's sounds right. Industrialisation was spreading eastward and would have eventually reached Russia with full force too. Literacy also had already increased significantly by the time the revolution came around.
By daf
I thought Kenneth Branagh's 2015 Cinderella was too fantastic in its inclusive cast, but now it seems he only predicted the future. On TMZ (entertainment news), many Afro American girls appreciate this royal wedding. As one YouTube commenter put it: "A princess that looks like me, thats the coolest thing to see as a young black girl."

Multiracial cast

By Albert
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:As far as I can tell, that's sounds right. Industrialisation was spreading eastward and would have eventually reached Russia with full force too. Literacy also had already increased significantly by the time the revolution came around.
Industrialization already begun in Russia by late 19th century, when revolution happened Russia was at the process of reaching its industrial capacity by that time.

I believe industrialization could have reached Russia sooner, as we can see with Meiji Restoration in Japan, the Japanese basically began industrialization earlier then the Russians. This is where the fault can be attributed to the Russian monarchy as they seem to have failed to adapt to the changing times.

No, it's not that he "may" have partici[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]

People tend to forget that the French now have a […]

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab[…]