Tommy Robinson Sent to Prison - Page 27 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
One Degree wrote:I apologize @Political Interest for misunderstanding your post. As I have said before, I reply to post and not people. I try to separate the two as much as possible and that sometimes results in my making stupid posts like this one.
Yes, overall immigration in general is the problem. Islam is only one of many factors, but the current news worthy One.
I also agree it is the receiving countries who are at fault.
My apologies again.

There is absolutely no need to apologise. It's just a political discussion. I apologise if I came off as rude or aggressive.

noir wrote:Who is funding Judeophobia and Anti Zionism Jihad? These migrants first terrorized the European Jews before they turned against the indigenous Europeans.

Obviously it is certain Islamist interests in the Middle East and elsewhere.

But what can we expect? As the face of Europe changes the politics are going to resemble more the politics of the Middle East. The Israeli-Palestinian conflict will expand into Europe and it is being Europeanised in Europe.

Again, this is what happens when mass immigration is allowed to get out of control. Protests and demonstrations about a conflict in another part of the world, led by representatives of those peoples living in Europe.

Anti-semitism is dangerous and terrifying. The anti-Jewish statements in the clip you posted should worry everyone. Both anti-Muslim and anti-Jewish sentiment is a dead end. And I think mass immigration is going to increase both, unfortunately. There needs to be greater security to ensure Jews living in Europe are safe both from Neo-Nazis and the extreme Islamists. I truly sympathise with Jews who have to hear these chants, it must be terrifying.

witchfinder wrote:Muslims have been a part of British life and culture for a long time, they have fought for this country, they have worked for this country, helped this country, contributed to society and contributed to the economy.

There can be no denying that this is true. Their heroic sacrifices for the United Kingdom in many wars and their contribution to the country must be recognised and remembered. But we should not have such a romantic view of the empire and think it was some type of brotherhood of nations. The general opinion in South Asia is that the empire was a historic catastrophe for the peoples of that region. And anti-British sentiment is very strong there as well.

witchfinder wrote:The overwhelming and vast majority of British Muslims are simply normal people, they are not terrorists, nor do they support terrorism or extremism. They are not child molestors, and many Muslims in the UK have spoken out against extremism and terrorism, the common phrase used is "NOT IN OUR NAME", Muslim leaders frequently speak out against extremism, as does the influentual Muslim Council of Great Britain, the Mayor of London "Sadiq Khan" whom Donald Trump seems to enjoy criticising, has frequently and repeatedly spoken out against extremism, and believes strongly in a "shared community" for one of the worlds greatest citys.

Muslims are good but mass immigration is terrible. And the people who support it irrespective of their backgrounds are naive.
witchfinder wrote:The thread is not about immigration, it is about Tommy Robinson and his crusade of hatred towards Muslims, and what I am doing is opposing the supporters of Robinson with something called The Truth.

You don't own the the truth so taking a proprietorial attitude towards it is entirely inappropriate. TR, whatever else he may be, is raising the important question of whether Islamic culture is compatible with British culture. This IS something we should be discussing.
solar cross wrote:You don't own the the truth so taking a proprietorial attitude towards it is entirely inappropriate. TR, whatever else he may be, is raising the important question of whether Islamic culture is compatible with British culture. This IS something we should be discussing.

The truth isn't a thing to be owned. It just is.
And what it is , is that Yaxley-Lennon is an arrogant racist twat who thought he could interrupt due process with impunity, who then found out his mistake.
Yesterday a mayor in County Durham ( Ferryhill ) came under intense pressure to resign after tweeting and posting comments about Muslims, gay people and transgendered people. His defence is his Christian beliefs and his role as a Church minister.

The RC Church opposes womens choice, it opposes many things such as homosexuality, some Churches are vehemently anti Homosexual or womens choice or equal rights - they are of course entitled to their opinions, but maybe this means that Christianity is incompatible with 21st century British culture. ?
witchfinder wrote:Yesterday a mayor in County Durham ( Ferryhill ) came under intense pressure to resign after tweeting and posting comments about Muslims, gay people and transgendered people. His defence is his Christian beliefs and his role as a Church minister.

The RC Church opposes womens choice, it opposes many things such as homosexuality, some Churches are vehemently anti Homosexual or womens choice or equal rights - they are of course entitled to their opinions, but maybe this means that Christianity is incompatible with 21st century British culture. ?

You think replacing Christian culture with Muslim culture will improve these things? Lmao
@One Degree, no where did Witchfinder say that. You're being dishonest and posting bullshit, AGAIN.
Godstud wrote:@One Degree, no where did Witchfinder say that. You're being dishonest and posting bullshit, AGAIN.

His previous posts were about how much Muslims have always been an important part of British society.
@One Degree Stating facts does not imply what you want them to imply. Your comments are ignorant, and you are creating a false narrative.
Godstud wrote:@One Degree Stating facts does not imply what you want them to imply. Your comments are ignorant, and you are creating a false narrative.

What is my false narrative? He has clearly stated Christians are incompatible with modern society but Muslims aren’t. Your selective reading does not change reality.
You were the one saying he wants to replace Christians with Muslims, and that's NOT what he's saying. You're trying to put words into his mouth. That's dishonest, at best.
Nowhere have I stated that I believe Islamic culture ought to replace Christian culture, my opinion is that faith and religion is a persons personal choice, and I am an advocate of Freedom of Religion.

All I was attempting to do was counter the lies and propaganda as presented by people like Tommy Robinson, the now defunct EDL, and other such bigots; I stated only facts … that Asians including many Muslims have contributed to this country in many ways, and like our Caribbean citizens or those from Europe, they are now part and parcel of British life and British culture.
witchfinder wrote:Nowhere have I stated that I believe Islamic culture ought to replace Christian culture, my opinion is that faith and religion is a persons personal choice, and I am an advocate of Freedom of Religion.

All I was attempting to do was counter the lies and propaganda as presented by people like Tommy Robinson, the now defunct EDL, and other such bigots; I stated only facts … that Asians including many Muslims have contributed to this country in many ways, and like our Caribbean citizens or those from Europe, they are now part and parcel of British life and British culture.

The problem arises when you attack bigotry with bigotry.
You said...
but maybe this means that Christianity is incompatible with 21st century British culture.

What did you expect Christians to get from that statement?
One Degree wrote:replacing Christian culture with Muslim culture

Muslims have always been a part of British society.

Today, they make up 4.4% of the total population (United Kingdom Census 2011).

Don't you think you are busy making a fuss about nothing?

:lol:
ingliz wrote:Muslims have always been a part of British society.

Today, they make up 4.4% of the total population (United Kingdom Census 2011).

Don't you think you are busy making a fuss about nothing?

:lol:

Since I don’t live in the UK, I would not presume to make that decision for them. As I said in my above posts, I was addressing his use of apparent bigotry while attacking bigotry. Hypocrisy has become a very serious problem today that needs confronted if we are to return to sane discussions.

Edit: However, I admit I may have came on too strong to a new poster. Sorry @witchfinder
Ever heard of "Devil's Advocate" ? …. A point was raised regarding Tommy Robinson, and how in some people's view, he was raising the question as to whether Islam or Muslims are compatible with British culture.

I assume that the reason this question is raised is because (A) a tiny minority of people who call themselves Muslim, are in actual fact extremists and terrorists, and (B) there is a perception that the recent spate of Asian child molesting gangs are a true and fair representation of Muslim people.

I did what I often do - play devils advocate, and I would ask you to note that I stated "MAYBE this means Christianity is incompatible with 21st century British culture" ( MAYBE )

Tommy Robinson is an advocate of the equasion that Asian pedophile gangs are what they are because they are Muslim, because Tommy Robinson is opposed to Islam, opposed to Muslims, ALL Muslims, these men are child molestors because they are Muslims.

I have, and always will fight against, and argue against such unintelligent nonsense
The immigration problems in Europe have not been caused by the immigrants themselves, but by the governments that opened the borders to allow such a huge influx that they cannot hope to cope with that many, and it makes assimilation/integration far more difficult. Blaming the immigrants is very convenient, but they're not the ones who caused the problem. They are merely the ones that took advantage of lax, or non-existent immigration policies.
Godstud wrote:Blaming the immigrants is very convenient, but they're not the ones who caused the problem.

Well in some cases they are. Muslim immigrants and their numerous offspring are causing the problems of Muslims. It always amuses me to look at how non White countries like Myanmar, Thailand and the Central African Republic deal with their Muslim populations.

However you are correct that many immigrants don't cause problems. The reality is that in the modern world of mass communication and cheap long distance travel prosperous countries need draconian immigration controls if they are to avoid being flooded with immigration.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I speak basic Thai. I am not well versed in it be[…]

I already said its origins are in Iran. So unsur[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O