Tommy Robinson Sent to Prison - Page 30 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
[KS mod note: Since this thread routinely descends into personal insults and people just posting tweets, it's going to be policed strictly from now on. That means

1. Off-topic posts will be deleted.
2. I'm going to regard posts that only contain tweets and nothing substantial from the user as one liners, so they might get deleted without warning.
3. I'm going to strictly enforce Rule 2: Remain courteous and respectful to other users of the forums at all times. I may delete your whole post if a part of it does not comply with this, and I will definitely do so if you directly insult others.

Note also that I'm not planning to carefully go through petty exchanges post by post in case this thread has deteriorated again while I was off-line. I might clean it up quickly and with a broad brush, as I did just now.]
Godstud wrote:Nigel Farage is a racist twat. No one but idiots like him care what he has to say.

Well, he did lead the UK to Brexit, which is over half the population of the UK. In actual fact, the people of the UK--like the United States--aren't well represented by their representatives. That crtique is inclusive of both the Conservatives and Labour.

noir wrote:Tommy Robinson’s appeal has been postponed. Apparently the prosecution lawyers are not ready. The court sent him down very quickly so how long should it take to listen to the appeal?

As one person pointed out, the Crown prosecution service is the largest law firm in the world. The idea that they aren't ready is laughable. It's clearly an attempt to delay the proceeding.

Decky wrote:He just pointed out that they guy was prosecuted for filming jurors during an active trial (a crime anywhere in the developed world) it had nothing to do with anything he said about asians.

It's generally not a crime in the United States and any place that upholds free speech as a constitutional right. Britain doesn't have a written constitution--just some vague notion of one.

Decky wrote:The right are lying about it being anything to do with anything he said.

Everyone understands the official pretext of why he was put in prison. Not everybody believes that the official pretext is what really motivated the state's action. That's why I pointed out that Muslims routinely march in the UK condemning Jews, and nothing happens to them. If Count Dankula or Tommy Robinson had said any of the things about the Jews that UK's Muslims routinely say without incident, they would be pilloried in the press and the courts. The UK government is deferential to Muslims and hostile to its own population. The US government is hostile to the US population too.

Here's an example of today's political left at work:
I thought that by attending a Tommy Robinson speech I could understand his arguments – but there were none, only hate

"Hate" is a nebulous concept at best. People somehow think they can "detect" it, which invariably seems to be expressed by someone who criticizes their world view of political sentiments.

As it stands, I'm guessing Tommy Robinson will be in prison longer than Teresa May will be prime minister.
@blackjack21
The UK government is deferential to Muslims and hostile to its own population.

The devastating impact of the "anti racist" Fourth Reich.

As it stands, I'm guessing Tommy Robinson will be in prison longer than Teresa May will be prime minister.

It's a tragedy for him and his young family but for the long run it will serve the cause better.
blackjack21 wrote:It's generally not a crime in the United States and any place that upholds free speech as a constitutional right. Britain doesn't have a written constitution--just some vague notion of one.

I said "anywhere in the developed world." I don't care what the barbarous colonials in the Americas do. Do they even have a legal system there? Don't you guys just shoot each other down in the streets to settle disputes?
blackjack21 wrote:If Count Dankula or Tommy Robinson had said any of the things about the Jews that UK's Muslims routinely say without incident, they would be pilloried in the press and the courts. The UK government is deferential to Muslims and hostile to its own population. The US government is hostile to the US population too.

What do you base this on? any facts to back it up?
noir wrote:English right-wing activist

Why be so mealy-mouthed? He is a Nazi.

Tommy Robinson was a BNP member; the BNP is an offshoot of the National Front (UK). Later, when Tommy Robinson led the EDL, he was joint party vice-chairman of the British Freedom Party; the British Freedom Party was an offshoot of the BNP.

Note: John Tyndall was Chairman of NF(UK) from 1972-1982 and leader of the BNP from 1982-1999

Nick Griffin, leader of the BNP from 1999-2014, was formerly a member of the NF(UK) governing body, the National Directorate, and as a National Front member, contested the seat of Croydon North West twice.

John Tyndall, Chairman of NF(UK) 1972-1982, leader of the BNP 1982-1999 wrote:There was scarcely any difference in ideology or policy save in the minutest detail.

The NF's ideology is "in a large number of respects", identical to that of the original German Nazism. Which shouldn't surprise anybody when you know that the NF was founded by A. K. Chesterton, formerly of the British Union of Fascists, Oswald Mosley's band of Nazi sympathisers. And so sympathetic were the British Union of Fascists members to the Nazi cause that many swapped uniforms and joined the 'Legion of St. George', a Waffen-SS unit.

So, tell me, why should we give a fuck about Tommy Robinson, a Nazi arsehole wrapping himself in the Union flag?
Last edited by ingliz on 14 Jul 2018 18:10, edited 3 times in total.
@ingliz

Tommy Robinson had this to say about his BNP membership:

Robinson joined the British National Party in 2004. When questioned about this by the BBC's Andrew Neil in June 2013, he said that he had left after one year, saying, "I didn't know Nick Griffin was in the National Front, I didn't know non-whites couldn't join the organisation. I joined, I saw what it was about, it was not for me"

If you have a party called "British National Party" you are apt to pick up a few well meaning but ignorant patriots alongside more nefarious characters. Much the same can be said for the various communist parties. Just because someone joined a communist party for a year doesn't necessarily make them a person who wants to kill 2/3rds of the population for "equality".
noir wrote:
It's a tragedy for him and his young family but for the long run it will serve the cause better.

He's already been in prison four times (for violating bail, common assault, possession and use of a fake passport, and mortgage fraud) over the last 7 years, so I imagine his family are quite used to it by now. Daddy is a habitual low life and criminal.

[KS edit: Do not change usernames.]
Last edited by Unperson-K on 14 Jul 2018 17:20, edited 2 times in total.
Kirillov wrote:common assault

The former leader of the EDL who joined the neo-Nazi BNP with a family membership before setting up the EDL, was convicted on 18 April 2005 for a horrific assault upon his partner Jenna Vowles. An off-duty police officer tried to shield Jenna from Lennon's punches and kicks, and was himself kicked in the head. Found guilty of actual bodily harm, the woman-hating fascist thug was sentenced to 12 months’ imprisonment with three additional months for his attempt to resist arrest.
Last edited by ingliz on 14 Jul 2018 21:46, edited 2 times in total.
noir wrote:Huge turnout

Huge? Only 2,000 turned up.

The day before an estimated 250,000 rallied through London in opposition to the US president.

SolarCross wrote:a well meaning but ignorant patriot

[youtube]95P1FbNAwc4[/youtube]

EDLmediauk, published on Aug 24, 2010.

:lol:
ingliz wrote:The former leader of the EDL who joined the neo-Nazi BNP with a family membership before setting up the EDL, was convicted on 18 April 2005 for a horrific assault upon his partner Jenna Vowles. An off-duty police officer tried to shield Jenna from Lennon's punches and kicks, and was himself kicked in the head. Found guilty of actual bodily harm, the woman-hating fascist thug was sentenced to 12 months’ imprisonment with three additional months for his attempt to resist arrest.

I was listing from 2011 (he was imprisoned for three days after committing common assault in Zurich during some football hooliganism). But nice to know he's even more shit than I thought.

Come on, noir and Albert, surely you can find a better hero? One we actually have to make an effort to tear down? This woman-beating, fraud-committing football hooligan belongs in prison.
Last year, Robinson was given a suspended sentence for committing contempt during a rape trial in Canterbury and he filmed the trial as a self-appointed reporter. Robinson committed the same crime again at another trial, which was why he was actually jailed. Probably he should have laid low to avoid breaching the terms of the previous suspended sentence during the period of probation and Robinson was jailed because he's a repeat offender.

Tommy Robinson films an unidentified man arriving at Huddersfield Magistrates Court in April (Danny Lawson/PA)

The former leader of the English Defence League (EDL) has been given a suspended prison sentence for contempt of court after trying to film four men who were on trial accused of gang-raping a teenage girl, it can now be reported.

A judge said her decision on whether to send Tommy Robinson, 34, to jail immediately was on a “knife-edge” after he tried to confront the accused men at Canterbury Crown Court in Kent on May 8.

In video posted online as the trial was part-heard, Robinson filmed himself describing the “Muslim” defendants as “paedophiles” and that “it’s going on across our country”.

At Canterbury Crown Court on May 22, Robinson, who appeared under his real name Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, was told by Judge Heather Norton she found clear evidence of contempt of court and it was an offence under Section 41 of the Criminal Justice Act.

Robinson, who arrived at court with an overnight bag, apologised in person to the judge, adding he had “absolutely no intention” of derailing the rape trial.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/art ... court.html
Tommy Robinson will find support because a massive propaganda machine is behind him. How is a notorious criminal going after other criminals and calling them out for their crimes and religion a serious issue anyway? It's absurd. He also broke the law and got arrested while doing so, thus he's in prison as he should be. Only stupid people find that heroic.

Since people are being blacklisted for simply supp[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

As long as we agree that the IDF and Israeli gover[…]

@FiveofSwords Genes are heritable but phenoty[…]

@Deutschmania Not if the 70% are American and[…]