Russia has something to answer the West - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
The overwhelming majority of extremist movements in Russia have an external background. Various foreign circles and organizations have shown considerable activity in this regard for several years. This was announced in May 2018 by the Secretary of the Security Council of Russia Nikolai Patrushev: "The activities of the special services and organizations of foreign states and the Russian opposition are among the main factors that form the prerequisites for the emergence of extremist manifestations in the youth environment."
The Russian government is taking unprecedented steps in connection with the increased extremist activity. The number of convicts in extremist articles has quadrupled in Russia over the past 7 years. More than half of those convicted are young people under 25. Among them are nationalists, Islamists, pro-Ukrainian activists.
The law enforcement agencies of the Russian Federation intensified censorship in the media, as well as control over the behavior of activists on the Internet to suppress the actions of extremists. Particular attention is paid to posts in social networks. Especially, law enforcement agencies monitored reposts in "VKontakte". In this regard, the number of criminal cases for public "extremist statements" exceeded the figures of the previous year, and the number of administrative verdicts on anti-extremist articles is also increased.
Numerous criminal and administrative cases brought against supporters of Vyacheslav Maltsev, Alexei Navalny and local activists show the effectiveness of the fight against real opposition.
Moreover, measures have also been strengthened against religious organizations, which the authorities do not consider "traditional". In April 2017, the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation banned the activities of Jehovah's Witnesses. In June of 2017, a criminal case was initiated against five members of the Church of Scientology in St. Petersburg for creation an extremist community.
Currently, there are several dozen Scientology organizations in Russia, operating under the guise of public organizations, religious groups, educational or educational organizations, rehabilitation centers, and business seminars. These organizations are part of a single Scientology structure centered in Los Angeles and directly subordinate to it. It is assumed that Scientologists could export about 3 billion rubles in the form of donations to the US over the past three years.
According to expert estimates, there are about 500 destructive sects in Russia, which have head offices abroad. Given the current political situation, religious organizations sponsored by foreign countries raise many questions, including the issue of the involvement in the intelligence activities of unfriendly states. It is possible that there will be new "figurants" of similar cases in the near future.
Where is Comrade Stalin now that Russia needs him once again? "I know that after my death a pile of rubbish will be heaped on my grave, but the wind of History will sooner or later sweep it away without mercy." - I. V. Stalin.
Tintin Storm wrote:In June of 2017, a criminal case was initiated against five members of the Church of Scientology in St. Petersburg for creation an extremist community.

Currently, there are several dozen Scientology organizations in Russia, operating under the guise of public organizations, religious groups, educational or educational organizations, rehabilitation centers, and business seminars. These organizations are part of a single Scientology structure centered in Los Angeles and directly subordinate to it. It is assumed that Scientologists could export about 3 billion rubles in the form of donations to the US over the past three years.

Oh god ! If Putin becomes a scientologist, we're doomed !

Zam :lol:
Scientologists are very dangerous, but Jehovah’s Witnesses just disappear if you open the door naked. :)
Russia banned the Japanese cult Aum Shinrikyo belatedly in 2016, after more than 30,000 Russians joined the doomsday cult. Aum Shinrikyo first managed to establish its presence in Russia in 1992 and the cult members carried out the deadly Tokyo subway sarin attack in 1995. It's designated as a domestic terrorist group in Japan and its members are closely monitored by the secret police. Most prominent members were arrested and sentenced to death, except for Fumihiro Joyu who frequently visited Russia in the past. Fumihiro Joyu was mysteriously in Russia at the time of the Tokyo subway attack in 1995. Since 1999, he has been the de facto head of the domestic terrorist organization.

In April 2016 Russian authorities raided a number of properties in Moscow and St. Petersburg linked to Aum Shinrikyo. During the search of the premises the police discovered a significant amount of extremist literature and paraphernalia, along with a large number of SIM cards. The suspects however denied any affiliation with the Japanese cult and claimed that they’re merely yoga practitioners.

A month earlier Montenegro authorities also detained and deported scores of suspected Aum Shinrikyo followers, many of whom turned out to be Russian nationals.

In July 2000, a group of young adherents to Asahara were arrested in Vladivostok. The suspects, who were in possession of weapons, explosive device components and a considerable sum of money, were allegedly plotting to commit terrorist attacks in Japan in order to liberate the incarcerated leader of Aum Shinrikyo. All of them were subsequently tried, found guilty and sent to prison.

And in 2003, Moscow was visited by none other than Fumihiro Joyu – one of the few senior members of Aum Shinrikyo who didn’t face serious charges, and who assumed the leadership of the organization and rebranded it as Aleph.

https://sputniknews.com/russia/20160923 ... -cult-ban/
I use to live in a little part of Tokyo where they built a Soukagakkai cult building across the street. After I got threatened by a guy made of muscles from there, i thought for involving myself with anti-nuke protests after Fukushima, I became a little paranoid.

These Japanese cults always freaked me out.

By the way, Souka Gakkai owns a political party, the Koumei-to.

Edit: I forgot to mention the context, Aum and Sokka-gakkai were/(are? Yeah.) in open hostility. Sokka-gakkai has more than 17 million members. It's all a bit creepy.
When the Japanese guy made of muscles came to threaten me, I reacted by attempting to play halfway dumb, while so attempting to drink him under the table. But I also cut off my 'activism'. And well, I guess he was affective. Shit freaked me out.

I was a bit of a basket case in my own right, so the dude gave me a powerful nudge.

But for all the film stereotypes, you try having a Japanese guy who is an old school karateka and obvious gangster, made of muscles, come and chat with you over transgressions (I speak fluent Japanese). It was legitimately uncomfortable.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab […]

Pretty clear France will be taking a leading role […]

He is even less coherent than Alex Jones. My gu[…]

Yes, and it did not order a ceasefire. Did you ev[…]