Forbes: Hungarian PM's friend became the wealthiest person in Hungary - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Well, I think it is biased when two people, who have not been charged with a crime, are determined guilty or innocent and it just happens to coincide with your political beliefs. I would even hazard a guess you think Trump is guilty and Hillary is innocent.
If all the people you support politically are innocent and those you don’t support are guilty, then I think you might consider your bias is the cause.
Hungary’s judicial system is their business. It is highly centralized in the US also.
Orban is not guilty of anything until he is found guilty. To say otherwise is biased whether you are eventually proven right or wrong.
So you are not biased pronouncing Obama guilty of fraud and corruption just because he gets paid money to give lectures but me and Beren and others cannot pronounce Orban guilty for giving his best friend's company who used to make 60k, 300 million in government contracts. I can tell you for a fact that I do not give a damn about Democrats or Hillary but you clearly give a damn of your own nihilism trying to apologise for Orban's blatant actions, just like you are shamelessly apologising for that orangutang you voted for President. By apologising for Orban you are actually trying to excuse your own self for supporting his US counterpart who even openly said that "he will make money out of his office".
One Degree wrote:Well, I think it is biased when two people, who have not been charged with a crime, are determined guilty or innocent and it just happens to coincide with your political beliefs. I would even hazard a guess you think Trump is guilty and Hillary is innocent.
If all the people you support politically are innocent and those you don’t support are guilty, then I think you might consider your bias is the cause.
Hungary’s judicial system is their business. It is highly centralized in the US also.
Orban is not guilty of anything until he is found guilty. To say otherwise is biased whether you are eventually proven right or wrong.

I wonder if you've come here to prove your dishonesty again or you just wanted to show us with your trolling how clueless you are. You've been succeeding in both cases anyway.
One Degree wrote:Well, I think it is biased when two people, who have not been charged with a crime, are determined guilty or innocent and it just happens to coincide with your political beliefs. I would even hazard a guess you think Trump is guilty and Hillary is innocent.

Actually 3 people. Orban is corrupt. Hungary in general is a corrupt country that doesn't want to deal with the issue. In a sense it is the same as Russia just a bit better on the corruption scale. Now having said that you do not need to be a genius to understand that a close friend of Orban managing to become a billionare in 3 years is not something legit.

Is this friend an innovator? Is this friend some kind of tech genius? No he is not. He is basically becoming rich of government contracts that he is somehow winning all the time while everybody else is loosing.

I have heard this story so many times. Look at Russia where a lot of the bureaucrats, ministers etc have children, wifes and relatives who are worth billions of dollars....
noemon wrote:So you are not biased pronouncing Obama guilty of fraud and corruption just because he gets paid money to give lectures but me and Beren and others cannot pronounce Orban guilty for giving his best friend's company who used to make 60k, 300 million of government contracts.

Nuance. I never claimed Obama is guilty of anything. You claim Orban is. My position is they are (were) in positions where it is not unexpected. Claiming one is actually guilty and the other innocent is biased whereas mine is not. I did not express a preference.
JohnRawls wrote:Actually 3 people. Orban is corrupt. Hungary in general is a corrupt country that doesn't want to deal with the issue. In a sense it is the same as Russia just a bit better on the corruption scale. Now having said that you do not need to be a genius to understand that a close friend of Orban managing to become a billionare in 3 years is not something legit.

Is this friend an innovator? Is this friend some kind of tech genius? No he is not. He is basically becoming rich of government contracts that he is somehow winning all the time while everybody else is loosing.

I have heard this story so many times. Look at Russia where a lot of the bureaucrats, ministers etc have children, wifes and relatives who are worth billions of dollars....

I never disagreed with this possibility. See my post above.
One Degree wrote:Nuance. I never claimed Obama is guilty of anything. You claim Orban is. My position is they are (were) in positions where it is not unexpected. Claiming one is actually guilty and the other innocent is biased whereas mine is not. I did not express a preference.

What is not unexpected? what is "yours" :lol: The moment when not even language can express the dishonesty. If you want to spend your time apologising for acting PM's giving their best friends multi-million contracts, sure be my guest clearly that's the kind of governance that you support and which you voted for and that's fine but what you cannot do is to tarnish innocent people getting paid just for doing their jobs in the process because that's just bad morals. Disgusting actually. Projecting your own blatant bias onto others is I guess your only remaining life-jacket in your own mind.
noemon wrote:What is not unexpected? what is "yours" :lol: The moment when not even language can express the dishonesty. If you want to spend your time apologising for acting PM's giving their best friends multi-million contracts, sure be my guest maybe that's the kind of governance that you support and that's fine but what you cannot do is to tarnish innocent people getting paid just for doing their jobs in the process because that's just bad morals. Disgusting actually.

I have come to expect insults and personal attacks from those who have lost the reasoned part of the debate.
I will bow out and cherish the admissions of defeat. :)
Telling you that its bad morals to accuse innocent people of fraud and corruption is not an insult, it's just a fact. It's also a crime. If you want to accuse someone of that you require at least an argument, especially when you demand not just an argument but a conviction too. :lol:

Bowing out of this is the least you can do but screaming victory on top is quite cringeworthy. Thanks for the giggles. :)

Not much, commercial real estate is boom or bust.[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isr[…]

Some examples: https://twitter.com/OnlinePalEng/s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]