Corbyn "unfit for office" because he took out a personal loan to help the poor in London. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
#14988336
SolarCross wrote:^ No one ever got anywhere on wishful thinking.


^Indeed, do not see how that pertains to what I said, however :?:

If anything you are the one who wishes for circumstances to have been different(if Theresa May was not so incompetent...and so on and forth) so that Jeremy would not have a chance, but as the circumstances stand, Jeremy is her majesty's government in waiting and there is no wishful thinking it away indeed.
#14988338
noemon wrote:^Indeed, do not see how that pertains to what I said, however :?:

If anything you are the one who wishes for circumstances to have been different(if Theresa May was not so incompetent...and so on and forth) so that Jeremy would not have a chance, but as the circumstances stand, Jeremy is her majesty's government in waiting.


I accept the circumstances as they are though. I do wish May's gov was better but I am not pretending it is, that's the difference. Corbyn would be a minor disaster as PM but on the other hand the fact that he is a full blown loon whose appeal leans heavily on the looniest fringe of the left rather than the moderate relatively reasonable left is a godsend for keeping the labour party unelectable while the tory party is in complete disarray. Silver linings and all that.
#14988339
What ideas of his or vote on his voting record suggests he's a loon? Please list.

SolarCross wrote:Yeah I'm ok, thanks for the faux concern, it's better than nothing.


:D

However just because middle class radicals are falling once again into a cult of personality doesn't mean anyone else is.


Not sure what you're talking about.

You look around and see that everyone in your narrow ideological clique is in complete consensus that Comrade Corbyn is The One and extrapolate that to whole pop and never mind that you and your bubble buddies may as well be martians for all your resemblance to the wider society. Your obsessions are not representative.


Not sure what you're talking about but it sounds like you're still jealous about not being a member of the biggest, most massive European political party there is today. I'm sorry hun.

SolarCross wrote:Polls can be iffy, but that last general election was hardly a victory for Labour;


Yes it was. They didn't win but were very close and made the Tories lose their majority so nya nya. This was also at a time when everyone was told that there's no way Corbyn would get even close

the electorate punished May for what was assumed to be opportunism in calling for an early election, it wasn't any kind of endorsement for Corbyn who did still lose after all.


He didn't win then but he will next time. There's only a choice between Tories and Labour, it's actually crazier to believe the Tories will win than Labour.

If Corbyn had the kind of broad appeal that weasel face Blair had he should have crushed it too but he didn't.


Corbyn's made Labour membership exceed that of war criminal Blair. I know you are sad you're not a part of the biggest most massive political party in Europe but just stop, saying negative things about our dear leader comrade Corbyn isn't going to stop him from leading the biggest most massive political party in Europe and soon, the country.

I don't know why but Corbyn does have some kind of intense appeal to a very specific minority of people, cult of personality type intense appeal, but clearly outside of a narrow band of ideologically insular zealots that appeal drops off a cliff. Zealots don't win elections normies do.


His appeal is speaking for the many, not the few and for some reason this makes you sad. :D

I agree with the young girl in the video I posted in the longest thread about how the voting age should be lowered to 16. :D
#14988342
SolarCross wrote:I accept the circumstances as they are though. I do wish May's gov was better but I am not pretending it is, that's the difference. Corbyn would be a minor disaster as PM but on the other hand the fact that he is a full blown loon whose appeal leans heavily on the looniest fringe of the left rather than the moderate relatively reasonable left is a godsend for keeping the labour party unelectable while the tory party is in complete disarray. Silver linings and all that.


Jeremy Corbyn got 40% of the national vote mate. 'Minor disaster', 'full blown loon', seems to me like you want to accept reality that he is nothing more than a mild normie social democrat, yet on the other want to call him a loon fringe leftist...seems to me like there is a conflict inside your mind.
#14988349
noemon wrote:Jeremy Corbyn got 40% of the national vote mate. 'Minor disaster', 'full blown loon', seems to me like you want to accept reality that he is nothing more than a mild normie social democrat, yet on the other want to call him a loon fringe leftist...seems to me like there is a conflict inside your mind.


Checks and balances, there isn't much damage he can do as PM for four years. It's not like if he tried to take us out of NATO or whatever there would be any danger of anyone actually acting on that. That is why I say "minor disaster" even while I say he is a loon. Having a loon for PM for four years is embarrassing rather than actually harmful.
#14988402
SolarCross wrote:Checks and balances, there isn't much damage he can do as PM for four years. It's not like if he tried to take us out of NATO or whatever there would be any danger of anyone actually acting on that. That is why I say "minor disaster" even while I say he is a loon. Having a loon for PM for four years is embarrassing rather than actually harmful.

Then what's the problem? It can't be more embarrassing than what we have right now. The Tories have turned this country into the laughing stock of the world. :roll:
#14988408
SolarCross wrote: Having a loon for PM for four years is embarrassing rather than actually harmful.


Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron, May with the likes of Johnson, Goves or Mogg waiting in the wings. We have had loons in power at Westminster since I have been able to vote. So what does it matter if Corbyn is next?

Nonetheless it needs to be said the guy cannot perform any worse than the current Tory shitshow we have now. Although I doubt Corbyn will ever received the numbers to take control without coalition simply because he is marmite. And it will be either the Lib Dems or the SNP who will make sure he is reeled in to make sure he doesn't fuck up the free market. That is if there is a free market left to fuck up after Brexshit.
#14988409
Rich wrote:Pinochet was a great man who saved his country from the same fate as Venezuela. The removal of Saddam was a great and noble humanitarian act that brought to end three decades of Saddam's totalitarian evil, eight decades of Sunni Muslim tyranny and hundreds of years of domination by the Sunni Muslim bully boys.

Its said if you kill a thousand Sunni Muslim terrorists, ten thousand will rise up to replace them. Brilliant kill those ten thousands as well, and if hundred thousand Sunni Muslim terrorists .........



Nonsense -

They say that , 'history is bunk', well, all I can say about that is, were it not for the facts involved in history, that, there are amongst us, people who, given the chance, thinking that people have short memories, give license to them to 'idolise' their historic 'idols' & simply ignore the realities of their rule.

That such people think that they can post on forums about their heroes, by 'romaticising' them as being "great", without being called out on them is, to say the least, a bit 'naive'.

PINOCHET , like any 'leader' who wore a uniform, bore within his chest, the hallmarks & trappings of a Dictator.

Pinochet's military murdered & tortured at the very least, some 30,000 people, 27,000 of whom were first tortured, with around 3,000 being executed by his forces.
In the early days of his regime, the 'caravan of death' was well known, whereby his regime of secret police, arrested, raped, used every barbaric method of torture that would have made the SS blush with admiration, followed by the disappearance of such people, of whom, at least 200.000 did so according to .

That was used to quell dissent, instill fear & to control every aspect of Chilean life.

ALL of which, counts for nothing to some ignorant people who believe the world would be a better place, were there more of their so-called, 'heroes' around in control. :knife: :knife: :roll: :roll:
#14988436
Potemkin wrote:Then what's the problem? It can't be more embarrassing than what we have right now. The Tories have turned this country into the laughing stock of the world. :roll:


The problem is symbolic. Corbyn as PM might be utterly unable to do anything to upend the country but all the creepy fabians trying to turn the UK into Orwell's 1984, inch by inch, will be validated and enthused and so will we have to endure extra levels of their machinations and noisier tantrums when they don't get their way.

It's the wrong course for the UK, the 20th century is over and so has past any actual pragmatic reason for totalitarianism because mass conscription is militarily obsolete. Without a security cause for totalitarianism then we should have a freer society, we should continue what Thatcher began.
#14988444
SolarCross wrote:The problem is symbolic. Corbyn as PM might be utterly unable to do anything to upend the country but all the creepy fabians trying to turn the UK into Orwell's 1984, inch by inch, will be validated and enthused and so will we have to endure extra levels of their machinations and noisier tantrums when they don't get their way.

It's the wrong course for the UK, the 20th century is over and so has past any actual pragmatic reason for totalitarianism because mass conscription is militarily obsolete. Without a security cause for totalitarianism then we should have a freer society, we should continue what Thatcher began.

Totalitarianism? Mass conscription? What the hell are you babbling about, man? :eh:
#14988475
AFAIK wrote:So despite being in parliament for decades non of Corbyn's detractors can name a single issue he was on the wrong side of nor a single vote he should feel ashamed of.


Right and wrong are not absolutes.
#14988480
AFAIK wrote:So despite being in parliament for decades non of Corbyn's detractors can name a single issue he was on the wrong side of nor a single vote he should feel ashamed of.


People do that all the time. He has been criticised for hanging out with islamic terrorists, the IRA, wanting to take britain out of NATO and lose our nukes and much else beside. As @Ter said none of these things are right or wrong in an absolute sense. If you are a pro-chinese communist imperialist then Britain disarming and leaving NATO is good, if you are not it is probably bad. Right or wrong depends on whose side you are on.
Last edited by SolarCross on 17 Feb 2019 03:18, edited 1 time in total.
#14988521
SolarCross wrote:If you are a pro-chinese communist imperialist then Britain disarming and leaving NATO is good if you are not it is probably bad. Right or wrong depends on whose side you are on.


Well then, by your own logic, I am guessing that you consider yourself and Ter as pro-chinese communist imperialists for supporting Trump.

Trump Discussed Pulling U.S. From NATO.
#14988536
Beren wrote:Just imagine the horror as the UK becomes more like Scandinavia under Corbyn. Scandinavia with nukes because I wonder if he could cease the Trident programme, not to mention pulling the UK out of NATO, which he wouldn't even try most likely.

#DangerousHero
The biggest scandal in American history

Sprinkling incriminating adjectives doesn't help[…]

Israelis nervous about BDS

Arabs may have Palestine only if israel allows it[…]

Supplemental reading in this thread: Consciousness[…]

Consciousness as content.

In the Age of AI (full film) | FRONTLINE https://w[…]