Why are Europeans always condemning the USA instead of stopping it? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
As if condemning them would actually do anything?

Seriously, Europeans..... if you hate them, if they are the source of all evils in the world and you find them arrogant and just plain annoying..... why don't you invade them and put an end to their evil ways?

Why are you always complaining about Trump? Do something!? Stage a coup to get rid of him?

Ally yourselves with Russia and China and take them all out?

Why are you Europeans all talk?

Where are your balls, the balls that you had way back before when you were ruling the world? Did you lose it in one of your ex colonies? Maybe you lost in Germany or something?
dontwastemytime wrote:As if condemning them would actually do anything?

Seriously, Europeans..... if you hate them, if they are the source of all evils in the world and you find them arrogant and just plain annoying..... why don't you invade them and put an end to their evil ways?

Why are you always complaining about Trump? Do something!? Stage a coup to get rid of him?

Where are your balls, the balls that you had way back before when you were ruling the world? Did you lose it in one of your ex colonies? Maybe you lost in Germany or something?

Because the USA has overwhelming military force, any such invasion would tank the world economy, and Europe was permanently broken by the two World Wars of the 20th century. Tl;dr: history is a thing and economics is a thing. The US can therefore carry on behaving like a mad dog for a few more decades at least. :hmm:
Well I'm European and I'd just like to say thank you to America.

Thank you for defending Europe during the Cold War.
Thank you for defending western oil supplies during the cold war.
Thank you for defending Taiwan.
Thank you for fighting in Korea.
Thank you for fighting in Vietnam.
Thank you for bombing Vietnamese Communist supply lines in Cambodia.
Thank you for putting cruise missiles into Western Europe to counter the SS20s against the opposition of traitors like Jeremy Corbyn.
Thank you for supporting the Mujahedin in Afghanistan.
Thank you for opposing Castro.
Thank you for supporting Pinochet in Chile.
Rich wrote:Well I'm European and I'd just like to say thank you to America.

I have decided that whenever I come across comments such as yours, I will post something opposite to that, from a European too:

"Yes I hope it will collapse soon and spectacularly. I’m hoping that debt the US has accumulated will make the Great Depression of the 1930s look like a walk in the park. Because the US is a terrible force on the world and it doesn’t matter which president they have. That’s not to say individual americans can’t be very nice and interesting people, but as a country, it’s just terrible in too many ways to mention.

I feel like it has a “Roman Empire” sort of vibe. Like when the Romans built great temples to honor the Gods. It’s like Google or Facebook, where it looks nice and is potentially good, but it doesn’t *really* add something. Because anyone could make a great company. But not everyone could come up with a new way of running a country, a new citylayout or new philosophy or approach. In that way China or Denmark or so many other places are at the forefront.

Subversion,
mass-murder,
training terrorists: The War On Democracy
supporting of dictators,
installing dictators,
destroying democracy: Overthrowing other people’s governments: The Master List
mass-surveillance
climate-change denial
religious fundamentalism
constant breaching of international law
blocking conflict resolution (like with Israel/Palestine)
The list goes on and on. To make matters worse, it then has a population of 300 million mostly unaware citizens, who’ve been indoctrinated so long that they’ll easily regurgitate what they heard on TV as true: “Russia is a threat. Iran is dangerous”, without checking the facts and certainly without scrutinizing their own foreign policy. Add to this that US society & political system is just broken and you have a perfect storm.

I would love to see someone else take over. Because americans simply don’t have the required mentality for being a superpower. First of all, you should be encouraging peace, not encouraging conflict, regardless of who it’s with and what CNN/Fox told you this morning. That should be a baseline thing."

- Frederic Ulric, Has studied international politics.

https://www.quora.com/Does-the-world-wish-America-would-collapse-and-see-another-superpower-take-over
dontwastemytime wrote:As if condemning them would actually do anything?

It is pretty simple, US has overwhelming military power and Europe outsourced its security to mostly US + some border states in the EU(Baltic, Poland, Romania) Our military spending is minor to what we can actually spend. It is more than enough though to neutralize any attack including Russia.

If we wanted to really challange the US and its behaviour then we would need to give up on NATO and create a close alliance with Russia. The way to challange the US is not on land. You need a navy and air force as large or larger than the US. The only realistic way to do it, is to use Russian resources and European technology. (US will bend backwards for this not to happen. Even if we start the move, the US will probably cave in to any demand for this not to happen in a peaceful way)

We are satisfied with the current situation. Maintaining a world presence is very costly nor do we have a need to do it outside of Africa. So both economically, politically and morally we are not ready to challenge the US because most of the things that the US does we actually agree with anyways.
I think Potemkin's point is valid, but I want to add another.

Europe is having it's cake and eating it too. That is, they complain so they can signal to the world that they are morally better than the US, however, at the same time, they get to benefit from the US getting it's hands dirty.

It's sneaky, but ultimately, Europe's hands are as dirty as the US. Only dummies don't understand this.
JohnRawls wrote:It is pretty simple, US has overwhelming military power........

Of course...... the cowards response....

Why did you stop Germany during WW2?

JohnRawls wrote:We are satisfied with the current situation...........

...........most of the things that the US does we actually agree with anyways.

So what you are saying is that all those complaints over at Quora are a bunch of lies?

And we? Or do you mean I?
dontwastemytime wrote:Of course...... the cowards response....

Why did you stop Germany during WW2?

So what you are saying is that all those complaints over at Quora are a bunch of lies?

And we? Or do you mean I?

Coward? No, it is a responsense that is heavily supported by historical facts.

First question is you need to answer to yourself why is the US a sole superpower right now and how can others arrive in that place? Well, the US lives on an island that is plentiful with ALL resources. Canada and Mexico are dependant on the US so they are natural allies in any kind of conflict. They also have similar security concerns. US is very secure and plentiful in resources compared to the rest of the world. They can feed two populations of the US in case of war. They can rebuild their military because they have industry, technology, resources. They do not depend on anyone or anything in the world. Even oil, which was a massive concern for them is not a problem anymore. They are the worlds largest oil producer in the world.

Now look at the rest of the world. Europe has the technology and industry but it does not have the resources and it is not an island. If Europe goes to war with the US for some reason then the US will run to Russia and will tell them "Hey, we are going to let you have Ukraine and Belarus back as long as you help us corner the Europeans and please do not sell them resources". This is what happened during WW2. Germany overrun all of Europe excluding the British but were unable to sustaine a prolonged conflict without the Soviet resources. They got overrun by the allies through sheer industrial capacity and resources. And denial of the said things.

China is in the same boat. Arguably China is even worse because unlike Europe it can't feed its population nor doesn't have the resources in general. If US blockades the sea then it is it. They don't have enough food nor they have enough oil and other resources. You can't ship oil to China with US controlling the sea. Again, if China goes to war with the US then it means that Japan will automatically join the US along with Australia and others in the region. China will be blockaded and won't be able to feed its people and collapse.

That is it. No other region besides Asia-Pacific or Europe has the required technology and industry to do anything about the US. But both regions need more. Europe needs to prevent itself from being boxed in and needs Russian resources. China needs food, resources and also has to prevent itself from being boxed in. Even if somehow China, India, Japan and all of Asia unite then it is probably still not enough. Resources are shipped by sea and the US controls the seas. There is no pipe from Saudi Arabia to China. There is no grain, rice, etc line for food over land to China or Asia-pacific in general. All goes by sea.

The upper analysis was just from Geopolitical view. Now lets add a military dimension to it. US navy alone can probably fight and win against all of the other navies in the world put together with a large room to spare. All of the worlds super carriers belong to the US besides 1 British one(Will stand with US) and 1 Chinese one. There are pocket carriers but you need 5-10 pocket carriers to rival 1 super carrier.(Again, half of them belong to the US) US is replacing its super carriers with super super carriers. (So theoretically they can build even more larger carriers). US produces the most advanced aircraft in mass.(They are already deployed) Any conflict with US will play out very simply, US boxes you in and blockades the Sea and after 1-5 years you collapse. That is it. A tried and tested strategy since the Napoleonic wars.

So you can't challenge the US. Not now, not in the next couple of decades. They are the sole superpower. They have the largest economy, they have the largest armies, they have the largest alliances, right now they are literally invincible. In two decades, may be somebody will be able to do something. But even if China builds up the Navy to US numbers then it still will need to fully integrate it and train admirals and commanders. I doubt it is possible within two decades even.
dontwastemytime wrote:They'll just let it continue to do evil and whine about it? Is that what you are saying?

No, that is not what I'm saying. Did you not read the second part of my post? Come on, I laid it right there for you. Try reading my COMPLETE post again.

Here's some advice for you. When you read someone's post, read it all.

If you are still having trouble, let me try and simplify my already simple post.

Europe does nothing because they also benefit from whatever the US does. They "complain" simply to feign that they are somehow morally superior to the US.
JohnRawls wrote:Coward? No, it is a responsense that is heavily supported by historical facts.

No, that is plain cowardice right there. The continent that ruled most of the world has turned into a coward.

You're not a coward? Where were you when they decided to invade Iraq? There were mass protests in Europe when they did this, correct?

How come you didn't send troops to Iraq to defend the people there, which was the right thing to do?

How come you didn't blockade the US or placed sanctions on it, like what the British did during 1812?

How come you didn't threaten the US with an invasion if they continued with the war?

How come all you did was complain, protest and whine as if those things actually do anything?

Why is that? Because you are afraid of dying? You are afraid to lose everything you have?

And now they have created this mass migration which is hurting you? Now they have created this terrorists group which are killing you?

JohnRawls wrote:So you can't challenge the US.

Then why complain? You shouldn't be complaining. You can't complain.
Rancid wrote:No, that is not what I'm saying.

No, that is exactly what you are saying.

"We can't do anything about it because they are too powerful. I am sorry to the people that they may bomb and kill but hey, they still haven't taken away our right to speak out, we can only use that and hope for the best.

Good luck to you people that they may bomb and kill."

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]