Why are Europeans always condemning the USA instead of stopping it? - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
dontwastemytime wrote:Why? Why won't they? Can you at least answer me that? Is it because they don't want to be part of some crazy genocidal war?

Well the retaliation would be absolutely devastating, that's the main thing really. The other thing is that both of Europe's nuclear powers (UK and France) are allies with the US. If you want a nuclear first strike against the US you would do better to look at getting Russia or China to do it. Since neither are NATO members.

dontwastemytime wrote:But it's okay to stop Germany and Japan and North Korea and Iran, correct?

WW2 was before nukes became a thing (well nukes only made their first appearance at its end). I don't believe any normal person thinks actually nuking Iran or North Korea would be an appropriate method for "stopping them" unless either were committed to and able to deliver a nuclear first strike. Note the US has been trying to stop both from getting nukes and doing other things but has so far not done anything so heavy duty as to nuke them although they could.

I wouldn't say that US foreign policy is above criticism but it is hard for you to take the moral high ground when you wish you could be worse than they are.

dontwastemytime wrote:Why wouldn't you be? It's war, people die in war.

Wars come in all shapes and sizes. The smaller the war and the fewer the casualties the easier it is to support it. You are trying to sell mutual annihilation which to date would be the bloodiest war in history. That is not an easy sell.
SolarCross wrote:But although they won't these countries definitely could "stop" the US: Russia, China, France, UK, India, Pakistan and Israel (two of them happen to be European countries too). North Korea and Iran may be able to do so in the future.

I doubt any of these nations except Russia and perhaps China have the capacity to even hit America let alone destroy all the major cities needed to wipe them out. The UK Trident fleet require US guidance capacity to fire their arsenal for example. Something tells me the few nukes the UK have aren't even leaving the ocean if they dared try to strike America.

Nonetheless @dontwastemytime by all means waste your time and call for Europe to destroy itself against America for some forms of morality, but I have explained very clearly to you on numerous occasions why this won't happen.
dontwastemytime wrote:Don't you mean 'I'?

How arrogant it is of you to drag your entire people into your belief that everyone stands united with them.

Combined man power: 950 Million
Combined nominal GDP in USD: Roughly 40 Trillion
Combined military spending: Roughly 1 Trillion with 200 billion more being Nato allies. (World total is around 1.5-1.6 Trillion)

We can crush anyone and everyone under our boots if we REALLY wanted to. :excited: And nobody else could do anything about it. The reality is that we are not doing it though.
B0ycey wrote:I doubt any of these nations except Russia and perhaps China have the capacity to even hit America let alone destroy all the major cities needed to wipe them out. The UK Trident fleet require US guidance capacity to fire their arsenal for example. Something tells me the few nukes the UK have aren't even leaving the ocean if they dared try to strike America.

As far as I can tell the UK possesses between 160 and 225 warheads at any given time. Each missile of trident carries 8 warheads. So that suggests that the UK alone could simultaneously destroy between 20 and 28 cities.

CORRECTION: actually each warhead can solo a city, so at least 160 targets.

I doubt very much the guidance systems are spiked but if they were it would not take much to bypass the spikes. If the UK was willing to make a first strike then hotwiring a bugged guidance system wouldn't be such an insurmountable obstacle.

Of course the current situation suggests that this scenario is very unlikely to happen hence why the UK even considered a US company as a source of guidance systems.

Both India and France have some capacity to throw payloads into space and if you can do that then a sticking a nuke on it to make a ICBM is not such a very hard thing to do. I guess India's arsenals is mostly pointed at Pakistan but they probably could marshal the engineering resources to throw their nukes at the US instead with just a little bit of extra work. They don't want to but they could.
B0ycey wrote:America have been working on technology to intercept ICBM. The results are mixed. What isn't mixed is the lack of accuracy of these missiles and America surveillance on nations to counter strike any posing threat.

As for Trident, it relies on the US guidance system. So yes America can switch it off.

The US and UK are allies so currently there is basically zero possibility of the UK wanting to launch a first strike against the US.

Think about it: if the guidance systems had backdoors in them then the UK would not have wanted them because if they had backdoors then not only could the US switch them off but so could any hacker. Likewise if random thirdparties can hack the control systems they could potentially do more than switch them off, they could redirect them in flight or set them off pre-maturely.
Last edited by SolarCross on 08 May 2019 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
All these threads of @dontwastemytime are hypothetical on a belief of passion, but the reality is if the UK wanted to attack America with their nukes, they wouldn't leave the submarine as it uses the US guidance system. Loopholes or reprogramming are irrelevant. Nonetheless America simply cannot be defeated. China and Russia might get a pyrrhic draw but wouldn't defeat America.

If you are against America, either promote US political change or wait for the end of the Petro-dollar when capitalism finally dies and America can no longer afford their army to attack. Don't call for a futile war you will lose.
B0ycey wrote:All these threads of @dontwastemytime are hypothetical on a belief of passion, but the reality is if the UK wanted to attack America with their nukes, they wouldn't leave the submarine as it uses the US guidance system. Loopholes or reprogramming are irrelevant. Nonetheless America simply cannot be defeated. China and Russia might get a pyrrhic draw but wouldn't defeat America.

If you are against America, either promote US political change or wait for the end of the Petro-dollar when capitalism finally dies and America can no longer afford their army to attack. Don't call for a futile war you will lose.

I have a Japanese car if I wanted drive over a Japanese person the Japanese government can't stop me.

Also you don't need to take my word for it:

No, America doesn’t control Britain’s nuclear weapons

Will you acknowledge you are wrong? @B0ycey

In 2007, the UK Government revealed that its nuclear weapons were not equipped with Permissive Action Links. Instead, the UK’s nuclear bombs to be dropped by aircraft were armed by just inserting a key into a simple lock similar to those used to protect bicycles from theft, the UK withdrew all air-launched bombs in 1998. The current UK Trident warheads can also be launched by a submarine commander with the support of his crew without any code being transmitted from the chain of command.

The British missiles are controlled through the Royal Navy chain of command all the way up to the Prime Minister. In reality the Prime Minister would make the launch decision in concert with whatever was left of the British government.

The key point here is that the British deterrent does not have permissive action link control, which means it does not rely on the use of codes to fire the system. The UK’s Trident fleet relies purely on military discipline to prevent a launch.

In summary, the UK retains full operational control, to the extent that the US could not stop the UK from using the system. A Freedom of Information request proving that the United Kingdom has full operational control over its Trident missile system can be downloaded here.
@dontwastemytime Yes, when nations are united, they are strong and effective, especially against their potential enemies. But you have to understand, many hate each other due to different cultural norms, social standards, and religion (Bavarians versus Prussians for example).

It's not easy for a clean, individualistic, introverted, and feminine man from Sweden, to come together next to a sloppy, socially collective, extroverted, and masculine man from Macedonia, to go against the United States.

In general, personality traits, testosterone levels, and other internal factors per ethnicity can make them hate each other.

The contemporary, Hollywood, capitalist culture of the States needs to be destroyed, and their imperialism needs to get fucked over. This is destroying the world:

Jeans are a symbol of capitalism, American imperialism, and filth.

McDonalds is a symbol of capitalism, mass control over workers so that they're always rushing, and unhealthiness.

Facebook is a symbol of social competition, cultural slavery, mass surveillance, and the lack of privacy and freedom.

This is a symbol of stupidity, and unhealthiness.

This is a symbol of slavery, excessive noise, obnoxiousness, drugs, and cultural imperialism.

That is Americana for you. It's destroying the world. You have more people having tattoos. It's so unattractive and uncomfortable looking.

Their cities are starting to look like that already, with all of their graffiti. And the same with their population, always partying and gathering. Due to Americana, many people nowadays, especially younger people, are partying like animals.

Look at these traitors. Enslaving themselves. And look at the guy's hat to the right. It's a Yankee American flag.

It's so Americanized. There's also lots of American tourists (they love to travel).

But with the American lead NATO, and the European Union which has strong support for the States, burning American imperialism won't happen any time soon.
Rich wrote:France's performance in WWI was remarkable. There army fought well, they were not as good as the Germans, but on par with Britain. France had to provide for total war despite having significant amounts of territory occupied. they not only armed and supplied themselves and the Belgians but even supported the Americans armies once they arrived.

France knew they had no chance of beating Germany on their own, so they skilfully found and kept the allies they needed to win.

Have you considered a career in Al Qaeda or Islamic state. I believe they're recruiting at the moment. I'm sure they would welcome a self motivated, enthusiastic gentleman like yourself?

France had some good tanks in the First World War. But their infantry, firearms, and Navy SUCKED. Without the assistance of Britain, France would of been a colony of the German Empire.

And just because someone dislikes the States doesn't mean that they want to join an Islamic terrorist group that was FUNDED by the States with Reagan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda# ... fghanistan

The States supported an Islamic group that promoted patriarchy, Islamic imperialism, oppression, and reactionary.
Are we talking about launch or operational capacity? There is a difference as the ability to launch is independent from to the systems required for the thing to guide away from the submarine. However being that we are discussing classified information nobody can be sure if the UK has the independence it needs to attack the very nation who gave them their missles and guides them today. Nonetheless I have read many times over and over again that Trident is independent from America. Yet whenever we have launch exercises the Americans are always involved. Sometimes having their investment returned in full. :lol:

But I digest. I suspect the rumours are true. Trident is yanky and we are the fools that pay for their upkeep. But wish that UK is anything more than an island in the sea if you like. But the UK are not the military wet dream you think they are.
B0ycey wrote:Are we talking about launch or operational capacity? There is a difference as the ability to launch is independent from to the systems required for the thing to guide away from the submarine. However being that we are discussing classified information nobody can be sure if the UK has the independence it needs to attack the very nation who gave them their missles and guides them today. Nonetheless I have read many times over and over again that Trident is independent from America. Yet whenever we have launch exercises the Americans are always involved. Sometimes having their investment returned in full. :lol:

But I digest. I suspect the rumours are true. Trident is yanky and we are the fools that pay for their upkeep. But wish that UK is anything more than an island in the sea if you like. But the UK are not the military wet dream you think they are.

Oh well persist in your ignorance then.
SSDR wrote:@dontwastemytime many hate each other due to different cultural norms, social standards, and religion (Bavarians versus Prussians for example).

The world doesn't have to be allies forever, just while they are destroying the USA.

SSDR wrote:It's not easy for a clean, individualistic, introverted, and feminine man from Sweden, to come together next to a sloppy, socially collective, extroverted, and masculine man from Macedonia, to go against the United States.

Even after all the murders they have committed?

I thought Europe was better than this.

SSDR wrote:The contemporary, Hollywood, capitalist culture of the States needs to be destroyed, and their imperialism needs to get fucked over. This is destroying the world:

That is why Europe and the rest of the world should ban these, BAN IT! And kick everything out, burn them all!

SSDR wrote:Jeans are a symbol of capitalism, American imperialism, and filth.

I do love jeans, let's leave jeans alone; for as long as they are not making it, it's fine.

As for everything else, you are right.

How is the world going to destroy the US if it keeps buying from it!?

And of course the world is happy to complain whenever they kill a bunch of innocent people but is also happy to consume American imperialism, what kind of hypocrisy is that!?

SSDR wrote:It's so Americanized. There's also lots of American tourists (they love to travel).

US tourists should be banned from traveling or even settling in another country.

Again, the world finds them annoying, arrogant, ignorant and everything else and yet the world still continues to accept them?

SSDR wrote:But with the American lead NATO, and the European Union which has strong support for the States, burning American imperialism won't happen any time soon.

The European Union has a strong support of the States? Really?

And why doesn't the world form another alliance where the US is not involved?

There are many ways to destroy the US but why does this miserable world keep making excuses!?

[KS mod edit: rule 3]

@FiveofSwords " small " Humans are 9[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Tainari88 , if someone enters your house withou[…]

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable just[…]

UK study finds young adults taking longer to find […]