The Next UK PM everybody... - Page 31 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
That's not what we are saying, we are saying that the system that is going to replace Capitalism has to be ultra pluralistic.

A dogmatic ideological revolution enacted by those with an genda will lead to pure tyranny.

That's all I am saying.

Look at how humans try to force their ideas on everyone else, why would you even want to force them to live in a society that they don't wish to be a part of?

I don't want white nationalists in my society, if they're happy around white people then let them go and live how they like.

That's all I've said, and everyone from all the different ideologies wants to trash my idea of giving everyone their choice.

Pluralism; It's what you and others want too, you don't even want to subjugate others who hate your ideal society, do you? Of course not.
Potemkin wrote:The Tory backbenches have always held a parade of grotesques, Beren. It's just that, until now, the grandees of the Tory Party have managed to keep them out of the limelight, for the most part, to avoid embarrassment. Their current antics do not amaze me at all.

The Trump-Johnson phenomenon makes me wonder if this whole thing in the Anglosphere is a Saxon uprising actually. I tend to believe both Trump and Johnson are Saxons, whose ancestors may have been the guys who resisted the Franks so much.

Beren wrote:The Trump-Johnson phenomenon makes me wonder if this whole thing in the Anglosphere is a Saxon uprising actually. I tend to believe both Trump and Johnson are Saxons, whose ancestors may have been the guys who resisted the Franks so much.

Lol. The Saxons always have a sense of grievance, Beren, even when they are in control. It comes of being a fundamentally aggressive, warlike people who have often ended up under somebody else's thumb - first the Franks, then the Normans. We chafe under any kind of authority, especially foreign authority. Lol.
Atlantis wrote:civil war

According to former Tory PM Sir John Major, the government having invoked the Civil Contingencies Act 2004, an order of council issued by ministers in the privy council could avoid the PM having to comply with a demand by MPs for Brexit to be extended if no deal is in place before 31 October.

This is thought to be no more than a delaying tactic by legal commentators - Public law 101, 1968 case of Padfield.

:)
Potemkin wrote:Lol. The Saxons always have a sense of grievance, Beren, even when they are in control. It comes of being a fundamentally aggressive, warlike people who have often ended up under somebody else's thumb - first the Franks, then the Normans. We chafe under any kind of authority, especially foreign authority. Lol.

"We"? Do you not identify as a Celt or something?
SolarCross wrote:"We"? Do you not identify as a Celt or something?

Nope. I'm mainly Anglo-Saxon. And Frisian. And Norwegian. And Celtic. And Pictish. And... well, you get the idea. ;)
Potemkin wrote:Nope. I'm mainly Anglo-Saxon. And Frisian. And Norwegian. And Celtic. And Pictish. And... well, you get the idea. ;)

I always imagine you as a hirsute highlander wearing a kilt.

My grandmother was a highlander. I don’t want to use the term ‘stingy’ to describe her. ‘Frugal’ is the right term. But it does make me wonder what Scottish Communism would be like.

My other grandmother had a funny sounding Norse surname, even though that family came from southern England. That side of the family has a mean streak. Probably they were too much for even Vikings to put up with and got kicked out of Norway, only to end up conquering various places.

Anyway, regarding national debt, surely @B0ycey and @Atlantis are right. A surplus is best unless there is opportunity to spend on infrastructure or technology that will reduce input costs in the future economy, with the aim of increasing future productivity.

As to the freezing grandmothers that @Presvias mentions, how can a nation afford to go into debt for social spending that they can’t afford? A better option would be to arm their male relatives and send them out to raid distant lands in order to prove for the elderly. There would be no debt that way.
foxdemon wrote:I always imagine you as a hirsute highlander wearing a kilt.

My grandmother was a highlander. I don’t want to use the term ‘stingy’ to describe her. ‘Frugal’ is the right term. But it does make me wonder what Scottish Communism would be like.

My other grandmother had a funny sounding Norse surname, even though that family came from southern England. That side of the family has a mean streak. Probably they were too much for even Vikings to put up with and got kicked out of Norway, only to end up conquering various places.

Anyway, regarding national debt, surely @B0ycey and @Atlantis are right. A surplus is best unless there is opportunity to spend on infrastructure or technology that will reduce input costs in the future economy, with the aim of increasing future productivity.

As to the freezing grandmothers that @Presvias mentions, how can a nation afford to go into debt for social spending that they can’t afford? A better option would be to arm their male relatives and send them out to raid distant lands in order to prove for the elderly. There would be no debt that way.

You mean the Viking Option? Hmm.... has anyone suggested this to Boris Johnson? Because this might be just the solution to all our problems with Brexit.... the ultimate No-Deal Brexit! :excited:
Potemkin wrote:You mean the Viking Option? Hmm.... has anyone suggested this to Boris Johnson? Because this might be just the solution to all our problems with Brexit.... the ultimate No-Deal Brexit! :excited:

Well, just a suggestion. Of course there would have to be changes. Recent British Imperialism has had soldiers seizing oil fields with all the loot going to corporations. Back in the good old days, a warrior got to keep his fair share of the booty.

There is also the option of privateering. That worked well back in the day of the Spanish galleon. Sure bets depending on wool exports. Oh wait, London has financial privateers these days. Wouldn’t it be better to stay in the EU so there are no border regulations that might thwart London’s activities?
foxdemon wrote:Well, just a suggestion. Of course there would have to be changes. Recent British Imperialism has had soldiers seizing oil fields with all the loot going to corporations. Back in the good old days, a warrior got to keep his fair share of the booty.

There is also the option of privateering. That worked well back in the day of the Spanish galleon. Sure bets depending on wool exports. Oh wait, London has financial privateers these days. Wouldn’t it be better to stay in the EU so there are no border regulations that might thwart London’s activities?

The EU has raiders of their own, staying in the EU means letting them raid us.
Presvias wrote:Now do yourself a favour and learn something for once in your life, before you make arsey yet wholly uninformed bilge remarks..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irisht ... 3fmode=amp

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/celt ... 8.html?amp

The Celts never existed in Ireland but, for some strange reason, Gaelic is the language. What’s more there could never have been invasions in those days as invasions are a colonial era phenomenon. That’s why the Irish presence in southern Wales wasn’t an invasion, just peaceful immigration. And they built Kidwelly castle just for a place with a view, not for any defensive purpose. What’s more the arrival of the Romans, the Angles, Saxons and Jutes, and even the Norman conquest were not invasions. Better described as extended tourism.

:lol:

By the way, the Scots aren’t Celtic either, even though their are another Gaelic speaking group. Let’s completely ignore the fact that the Scots immigrated from Ireland in the first place. There could not possibly be any cultural link there.

And the Anglo-Saxons don’t exist either, and are certainly not Germanic despite English being a Germanic language. In fact the original Saxons were none other than Eskimos posing as a German tribe in order to cheat the Sub Roman British immigration system. A post modern historian will expose the truth soon.

Post modernism is such a lame way to think. Let’s destroy people’s collective identities so that there can be no resistance to the agendas of financial privateers in places like London.
foxdemon wrote:The Celts never existed in Ireland but, for some strange reason, Gaelic is the language. What’s more there could never have been invasions in those days as invasions are a colonial era phenomenon. That’s why the Irish presence in southern Wales wasn’t an invasion, just peaceful immigration. And they built Kidwelly castle just for a place with a view, not for any defensive purpose. What’s more the arrival of the Romans, the Angles, Saxons and Jutes, and even the Norman conquest were not invasions. Better described as extended tourism.

By the way, the Scots aren’t Celtic either, even though their are another Gaelic speaking group. Let’s completely ignore the fact that the Scots immigrated from Ireland in the first place. There could not possibly be any cultural link there.

And the Anglo-Saxons don’t exist either, and are certainly not Germanic despite English being a Germanic language. In fact the original Saxons were none other than Eskimos posing as a German tribe in order to cheat the Sub Roman British immigration system. A post modern historian will expose the truth soon.

Post modernism is such a lame way to think. Let’s destroy people’s collective identities so that there can be no resistance to the agendas of financial privateers in places like London.

How does analyzing history with a critical eye = destroying identities?

No one said there's no link, just that Celts is an unscientific and misleading term to use. And it is.. you haven't refuted that at all.

But you're pro destroying the Irish identity by being pro British unionist in northern ireland anyway.... you think that soldiers were justified in NI. So what do you care anyways?
Potemkin wrote:Nope. I'm mainly Anglo-Saxon. And Frisian. And Norwegian. And Celtic. And Pictish. And... well, you get the idea. ;)

In other words, you are a very white guy.

Lol. Anglo-Saxon. Hmmm. Who is Potemkin? I would say he has a very Latin soul. Just my opinion...just saying.

Hee hee.
*** Stop Press ***

Boris referred to police watchdog over Jennifer Arcuri allegations.

"On more than one occasion used your position as mayor to benefit and reward Jennifer Arcuri, a tech entrepreneur. Subject to any explanation provided by you, these matters give rise to a suggestion that there has been a failure to safeguard the public purse and if so that amounts to a significant breach of public trust. These are the ingredients of the offence of misconduct in a public office.

Letter from the Independent Office for Police Conduct informing him he is under investigation.

* As Johnson was also the head of the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime from 2008 to 2016, a role equivalent to police and crime commissioner for the capital, he is subject to the 'special standards framework' usually reserved for policemen.
Beren wrote:The Trump-Johnson phenomenon makes me wonder if this whole thing in the Anglosphere is a Saxon uprising actually. I tend to believe both Trump and Johnson are Saxons, whose ancestors may have been the guys who resisted the Franks so much.

I don't know about Johnson, but Trump is neither Saxon nor Anglo-Saxon. His ancestors come from Swabia. That's about as far away from the Saxons as you can get. The Anglo-Saxons were from the Low Lands in Today's Netherlands and Lower Saxony on the shores of the North Sea. They were free farmers and not brigands like the Vikings who first prospered by the Slave trade in the 9th century when they sold Eastern Europeans to the Caliphs in the ME. Like the British, they only knew how to make a living by enslaving others.
Atlantis wrote:I don't know about Johnson, but Trump is neither Saxon nor Anglo-Saxon. His ancestors come from Swabia. That's about as far away from the Saxons as you can get. The Anglo-Saxons were from the Low Lands in Today's Netherlands and Lower Saxony on the shores of the North Sea. They were free farmers and not brigands like the Vikings who first prospered by the Slave trade in the 9th century when they sold Eastern Europeans to the Caliphs in the ME. Like the British, they only knew how to make a living by enslaving others.

^ racism
Tainari88 wrote:In other words, you are a very white guy.

Lol. Anglo-Saxon. Hmmm. Who is Potemkin? I would say he has a very Latin soul. Just my opinion...just saying.

Hee hee.

You don’t suppose he could be one of those gringos?

Presvias wrote:
How does analyzing history with a critical eye = destroying identities?

No one said there's no link, just that Celts is an unscientific and misleading term to use. And it is.. you haven't refuted that at all.

Yet it was stated in your article that there were no links between Celtic groups. The refutation is that they all speak a Celtic language.

Anyway, I have a great idea.

Instead of increasing GDP through productivity gains from investing in education, infrastructure and technology, why not go for GDP growth through population increase? Surely this would be much better than spending money on the future, since that money could otherwise go into tax haven bank accounts.

Given Celtic women don’t have enough babies thanks to equal rights, we could just get more immigrants from those not as progressive places where women have more babies. That way, we can increase GDP, borrow more money since future growth predictions makes it look like we are good for it, then use the extra taxes to bail out banks so that the financial privateers who run the show can deposit more money in their Panama tax haven back accounts. And when that money is due to be repaid, well the migrants kids will have to worry about it.

Neat idea, eh? We just need to convince the locals that they don’t exist so there won’t be any nationalist reaction.

But wait, there’s more. We could also tax the plebs even more, and then use the proceeds to finance corporate activities, so even more money can go into tax haven bank accounts. After all, it is a bit of a waste letting all that pleb money go to waste on funding their retirement when they could just freeze to death instead. Wouldn’t you agree?

We should all accept the views of these post modernist historians when they tell the plebs that they don’t exist, nothing belongs to them and that there is no collective heritage that might counter the financial privateers agenda.
@foxdemon
You don’t suppose he could be one of those gringos?

No, he is not one of those Gringos at all. He is a very very intelligent, incredibly thoughtful, and great man. One that is rare and wonderful in this world.

Es un pan de Dios as we say in Spanish. ;)

I have the best taste in men in the world. Never pick bad men in any situation. Potemkin is in rarefied space. A great man. For sure.

Hmmm...you never answer my questions to my satisfaction so you remain hard to categorize Foxdemon. :lol:

As for a UK PM. Corbyn is the man of the hour....

I like him!! He deserves a fine song for a fine candidate for politics. Jeremy Corbyn the Spanish speaking man married to a Mexican lady. His first wife was from Chile. He likes Latin women. Good taste the man has. Another point in his favor. ;) :D

@FiveofSwords Doesn't this 'ethnogenesis' mala[…]

Britain: Deliberately imports laborers from around[…]

There's nothing more progressive than supporting b[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled […]