Historical Injustice - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Is it just me, or has Poland got a bit carried away playing with Russia, accusing it of starting WW2? There are some upcoming events in Warsaw to commemorate the start of the war 80 years ago on 1st September. And nobody will come from Russia – nobody was invited. Well, anyway, even with an invitation who’s going to come to a house where every single person calls you a public enemy both to your face and behind your back?
And for now, there is a very active campaign in the western media to accuse the USSR (and also Russia as its accessor) of waging World War 2 on an equal basis with the Third Reich. They also accuse Stalin of conspiring with Hitler. They generally use the argument of the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact signed in August 1939.
But, in all fairness, why there is no mention of the role of European countries in that process? By then, Britain and France had already signed analogous non-aggression pacts with Nazi Germany, instead of supporting Austria and the Czech Republic. Later, on the side of Hitler, France gave 200 thousand volunteers, and the rest of the European "fighters against fascism" — up to 2 million people. Though, there are still no accusations leveled against European countries.
As for Poland, their authorities are also desperately trying to forget their guilt here, despite its noticeabity.For instance, the Pilsudski-Hitler Pact and participation in the partition of Czechoslovakia after the Munich Agreement of 1938. Warsaw repeatedly rejected Moscow's offers to cooperate against Germany. Finally, the fact is 500 thousand Polish citizens voluntarily fought on the side of the Nazis - both at the front and in the rear, serving in the auxiliary police, participating in raids on Jews and eliminating their own people.
I found a quote by Ryszard Kaczmarek, director of the Institute of History of the University of Silesia and author of the book "Poles in the Wehrmacht". "We can assume that 2-3 million people in Poland have a kinsman who served in the Wehrmacht".
Also I have found the text of the oath of allegiance of Polish soldiers who joined the ranks of the Nazis."I swear before God with this sacred oath that in the struggle for the future of Europe in the ranks of the German Wehrmacht I will be absolutely obedient to Supreme Commander Adolf Hitler and I will be ready, as a brave soldier, to devote strength to fulfill this oath in any time".
Here is a quote from Zhukov's secret report addressed to the National Defense Commission: "The front troops have covered up to 400 kilometers during 17 days of offensive battles. The entire Western part of Poland is cleared of the enemy, and the population of Poland was liberated after five and a half years of German oppression. The rapid advance of the force prevented the Hitlerites from destroying cities and industrial enterprises, railways and highways, made it impossible to steal and exterminate the population of Poland, to steal livestock and food."
I wondered: do Poles even think for a moment that they have dishonored the memory, not only the memory of Soviet soldiers who liberated their land from the Nazis, but the memory of their own families?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We're getting some shocking claims coming through.[…]

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

we ought to have maintained a bit more 'racial hy[…]

@Unthinking Majority Canada goes beyond just t[…]