illegal to be muscular in Sweden/Belgium - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Godstud wrote:This is about rule of law, which is also a Conservative issue... or do you deny that strong long enforcement isn't a conservative principle?

Yes, that is why I am against illegal immigrants. But in the United States we do not have a law against being muscular. Here it is a "personal right" to be muscular, even in a gym, without being forced to pee in a bottle to prove oneself innocent of steroid use. That is the part that seems crazy to me.
But in the United States we do not have a law against being muscular. Here it is a "personal right" to be muscular, even in a gym, without being forced to pee in a bottle to prove oneself innocent of steroid use. That is the part that seems crazy to me.
There is no "right to be muscular" in USA.

There is, however, laws against the distribution, of steroids, in the USA. In some other countries, due to the problems, this has been increased to be illegal to USE these drugs. Such is the case in Belgium(only). Sweden's laws about use only relate to elite athletes connected to professional sports.

No one, including me, is suggesting that this should be done anywhere else. I do understand, however, that they have laws against the USE of drugs, so a test(if suspicious) is legal, there. Since it is not illegal to use steroids in USA, Canada, etc., there is no threat of a test for steroid use(it's legal). If you lived in Belgium, you would be aware of these laws, and act appropriately.

So, while this might be a small problem in Belgium, where the use of steroids is illegal, the fear-mongering about this being everywhere, or spreading, is unfounded. It's not illegal to be muscular. It's illegal to use steroids. Conflating the two is a fallacy.
Hindsite wrote:Yeah there is. We have a lot of rights that you Canadians don't know about.
:lol: Please provide a source for this claim. I find this claim to be hilarious, to say the least. You're really grasping for straws, at this point.
Godstud wrote:Steroid distribution results in four convictions
DEA Oklahoma dismantles steroid distribution network
https://www.dea.gov/press-releases/2018 ... onvictions

I know all about "personal rights", as Canadians have most of the same rights Americans have. If you doubt this, try looking at the Canadian Bill of Rights, some day. You might find that you're not "freer" than anyone else.

You've proved nothing.

To tell you AGAIN, this is not about something being legal or not. It's about HOW the law was enforced.

It seems you aren't listening to us.

Why does your mind seem incapable of separating the legality of something from how that law is enforced, and what procedures law enforcement uses to "gather evidence"?

You seem to believe that government should resort to any lengths to exert complete control over the population and enforce all the laws.
Puffer Fish wrote:You've proved nothing.

To tell you AGAIN, this is not about something being legal or not. It's about HOW the law was enforced.

It seems you aren't listening to us.

Why does your mind seem incapable of separating the legality of something from how that law is enforced, and what procedures law enforcement uses to "gather evidence"?

You seem to believe that government should resort to any lengths to exert complete control over the population and enforce all the laws.

Yes, that is it. I believe Godstud is being deliberately obtuse.
Puffer Fish wrote:To tell you AGAIN, this is not about something being legal or not. It's about HOW the law was enforced.
I answered your questions to that end, but you ignore that in your attempt to be ultra-melodramatic and fear-monger. It's not about whether you agree with it. That's how it is(only in Belgium). Unless you live there, then you have no reason to bitch and moan, about it being illegal to be muscular(which it is not).

Puffer Fish wrote:Why does your mind seem incapable of separating the legality of something from how that law is enforced, and what procedures law enforcement uses to "gather evidence"?
The same procedures are used almost everywhere already, by law enforcement. They act on suspicion of drug use and then can obtain warrants for searches Are you too daft to see this?(I am now using your ad hominem tactic here)

Hindsite wrote:Yes, that is it. I believe Godstud is being deliberately obtuse.
I believe you are being deliberately rude, so I guess you lied about trying to be civil, or never planned on it, which is just as dishonest. Near genius? My ass!

The reasons for the enforcement and how they operate, have been explained and demonstrated to you, thru many sources, that you will not, or cannot, seem to comprehend, because you're too busy waving your arms in the air yelling, 'The sky is falling!".

:knife:
@Puffer Fish Yes, it's best for you to withdraw from a debate when you have no argument, and rely on emotions and fear-mongering.

The biggest waste of time is your cry-baby nonsense about it being illegal to be muscular. Laughable BS! :lol:

Your arguments are simplistic, reactionary, and mostly whining about drug enforcement and the poor fuckwits who do illegal steroids and get caught, being punished. :roll:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Tainari88 , if someone enters your house withou[…]

Considering you have the intelligence of an oyste[…]

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable just[…]

UK study finds young adults taking longer to find […]