Germany: AKK steps down - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By Negotiator
German link: https://www.tagesschau.de/inland/kramp- ... r-103.html

So Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer, commonly abbreviated as AKK, announces she will step down from the leadership of the german conservative party CDU (Christlich Demokratische Union Deutschlands, Christian Democratic Union [of Germany]) and also announces she wont run for chancellor. :hmm:

Which means the CDU has already lost its new leadership, after a long process of picking a new one, that would follow after Merkel. :eh:

The former conservatives might now end in a spiral of self destruction, just like the other former big party of Germany, the SPD, which has entered a steep fall and ran through a lot of party leaders in recent years. The reasons for the downfall of the SPD already apply to the CDU - the party is losing its voters, as a rule young people wont vote for it.

The CDU is also unique among germans parties in that its youth organization happends to be to the right, not the left, of the party consensus.
From my outside perspective, I'm under the impression that the CDU covers a fair bit of the centre - both left and right, but that its leadership and policies (they few German policies I now of, which I assume are CDU) have been left. Are the differences within growing? are they causing discontent and malfunction?
Meh.

I'm not very concerned with all this "left and right" fluff. Thats bullocks anyway.

You cant have multiple masters. So either you want to serve the elites and the establishment, or you want to serve the people and the common good. Thats the two real options, as far as I'm concerned.

Yes the CDU itself says they are "in the middle". Which means they want to serve the elites and the establishment; at most the upper 10%.

Btw, they also traditionally want "no party to the right of us". Just as a pointer where they're usually going.

SaddamHuseinovic wrote:Eithet Rudolf Merz get the position or Germany will have an post fascist AFD chancellor

Is that a joke comparing Merz to Rudolf Hess, or do you really not know the guy is named Friedrich Merz ?

I dont believe Merz will win this, but we'll see.
By Rugoz
I'm surprised nobody made a thread about that crazy right-winger killing 10 people.

In any case, German politics is a mess and in some ways even worse than American politics. At least in American politics, or rather in the American media, people still debate the issues, as superficial that debate may be. In Germany it's all about party leadership and coalitions and that kind of crap. And of course, everybody mindlessly bashes the AfD because apparently there's nothing better to do.

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]

I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]