If Europeans find American tourists annoying, why don't Europeans ban them from entering Europe? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Okay, so I've been told over and over again by Europeans that they hate loud, arrogant, stupid, ignorant, those who believe America is numero 1, those who believe in American exceptionalism, those who can't find Hungary on a map, and those who don't want to learn the cultures of X, Y, Z countries Americans...

... and I'm just wondering: if these things makes Europeans angry, why don't they ban Americans so that they won't have to deal with them anymore and thus won't be angry anymore? That makes perfect sense! You wouldn't let someone you know who is annoying into your home now would you?

My dear European brothers and sisters, they are not going to change for you, okay. I know you can't destroy them, so genocide is out of the question but there are other ways -> avoid them! And the best way to do that is to keep them away from Europe hence... ban them?

And please Europeans, PLEASE, agree with me for once in your miserable lives!
I used to work as a taxi driver and I was always happy to take americans. They always tipped well and were incredibly polite. They would address me as "sir" even though I was just a driver, no one in the UK is so respectful. Stereotypically brits are supposed to be stuffy and formal and the yanks brash and informal.. maybe that was true a hundred years ago but it seems now the reverse is true.
Well lad, first of all, stop referring to us as europeans. Greeks and southern italians have nothing to do with those northern brits and germans. Second, i dont know about the rest of Europe, but here in Greece we love americans, ive never heard of anyone saying or even implying something hostile towards americans here. But if you are really askonh the true reason why not ban you from coming here, the answer is actually pretty simple chap : $$$$$$$$$$€€€€€€€€

Edit: The brit youngsters are actually really annoying. They puke and shit everywhere. The only weird thing ive seen americans doing here is drink damn beers in the beach. Which is weird okay, but not annoying
John Wayne wrote:Okay, so I've been told over and over again by Europeans that they hate loud, arrogant, stupid, ignorant, those who believe America is numero 1, those who believe in American exceptionalism, those who can't find Hungary on a map, and those who don't want to learn the cultures of X, Y, Z countries Americans...

... and I'm just wondering: if these things makes Europeans angry, why don't they ban Americans so that they won't have to deal with them anymore and thus won't be angry anymore? That makes perfect sense! You wouldn't let someone you know who is annoying into your home now would you?

My dear European brothers and sisters, they are not going to change for you, okay. I know you can't destroy them, so genocide is out of the question but there are other ways -> avoid them! And the best way to do that is to keep them away from Europe hence... ban them?

And please Europeans, PLEASE, agree with me for once in your miserable lives!

Are you Russian bot or something? It is very Russian to bann things just because you don't like them. :excited:

On a more serious note, who cares. Tourists spend money so any tourist is a walking money sac... i mean all tourists are very welcome.
Hellas me ponas wrote:The only weird thing ive seen americans doing here is drink damn beers in the beach. Which is weird okay, but not annoying

What? Beer and the beach go together like feta and olives. I can't believe there's a whole culture that regards beer at the beach as weird?
I am not a European, but I work closely with the tourism industry. You do not want to ban anyone. Heck, after this pandemic, people are going to be begging for tourism.

That said, the worst tourists I have encountered, have been Russian tourists, simply by their behavior, and how cheap they are. Chinese and Indian tourists are cheap beyond compare. British tourists are the most poorly behaving tourists, though. Too many looking for problems or making them.

Americans are pretty good tourists, actually. The "Ugly American" moniker they used to have, no longer truly applies, as Americans have learned this, and changed their travel behavior. Banning them is simply dumb, when you consider how bad other tourists are, and how much money they spend while on vacations. Americans aren't known for being cheapskates.

I'd pack my business full of Americans if I could. They're great tourists, and aren't afraid to spend money. :up: Scandinavians are OK, as well.

@SolarCross Good point. No one's going anywhere, and it might be a while before people start touring anywhere.

@Sivad Yeah, nothing wrong with beer at a beach!
Hellas me ponas wrote:@sivad not for us lad. But I don't say it as a bad thing. I mean it is very very unusual thst you find a Greek person drinking beer at the beach under the hot sun. But it really doesn't matter,because that's not the point mate.

Well to each his own I guess but I gotta say you're really missing out on one of the best of life's simple pleasures.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

And the Ukraine aid bill is signed by Biden. Time […]

@wat0n Hope you have an enjoyable Passover. […]

I am sure all sorts of things 'seem incorrect' to[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The report clearly states that the Israeli governm[…]