The Horrors of Female Genital Mutilation have come to the UK, Ireland, and Sweden - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Along with the recent influx of ethnic diversity into the British Isles has come a dark cultural practice...

In the United Kingdom

Female circumcision will be inflicted on up to 2,000 British schoolgirls during the summer holidays - leaving brutal physical and emotional scars. Yet there have been no prosecutions against the practice

Like any 12-year-old, Jamelia was excited at the prospect of a plane journey and a long summer holiday in the sun. An avid reader, she had filled her suitcases with books and was reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban when her mother came for her. "She said, 'You know it's going to be today?' I didn't know exactly what it would entail but I knew something was going to be cut. I was made to believe it was genuinely part of our religion."

She went on: "I came to the living room and there were loads of women. I later found out it was to hold me down, they bring lots of women to hold the girl down. I thought I was going to be brave so I didn't really need that. I just lay down and I remember looking at the ceiling and staring at the fan.

"I don't remember screaming, I remember the ridiculous amount of pain, I remember the blood everywhere, one of the maids, I actually saw her pick up the bit of flesh that they cut away 'cause she was mopping up the blood. There was blood everywhere."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/ ... ritish-law

In Ireland

More than 2,500 women and girls living in Ireland are estimated to have undergone female genital mutilation (FGM). The number was described as a "conservative estimate" by Sudha Patel of Duke University, North Carolina, who conducted the research. It is feared that the figure is in fact much higher.

No case has yet been prosecuted. the only comparable case in this country was when a 29-day-old baby boy died in Waterford after a botched domestic circumcision was carried out with a razor blade. The man responsible was cleared of any wrongdoing after the judge directed the jury to apply different standards to the legislation because of cultural differences. The WHC fears that this case may have set a precedent for cases concerning the genital mutilation of girls, if they were to come before a court.

There is considerable anecdotal evidence to suggest that the practice of bringing a child to another country from Ireland to commit FGM is occurring here. Cork GP Dr Claire McCarthy has encountered such instances in her practice on a number of occasions. "Some of the women are terrified of bringing their daughters back to their native country as they are scared that the child's grandparents or other relatives will perform FGM on them, as happened to them when they were young."

FGM is relatively new to Ireland, and health professionals are in the early stages of learning how to deal with it.

http://www.irishhealth.com/article.html?id=14486
FGM in Sweden, in one school class every single girl had it done

This is Sweden. This is supposed to be a wealthy progressive European country.
But so many migrants have arrived from other parts of the world that these days something like this isn't that unusual.
At one school, it has been discovered that every single girl in one class had undergone the procedure.

----------
The shocking scale of female genital mutilation (FGM) in a Swedish school, where every single girl in one class had been subjected to the procedure, has been revealed.

School health services in Norrköping, eastern Sweden, discovered 60 cases of FGM since March, according to the Norrköpings Tidningar newspaper.

In the class where all of the girls had FGM performed on them, 28 were subjected to infibulation - the most extreme kind where the clitoris and labia are complete cut away, and the genitals are sewn to leave a small vaginal opening.​
--------
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 52854.html

Such types of issues would have been unimaginable in Europe only a few decades ago.
Puffer Fish wrote:FGM in Sweden, in one school class every single girl had it done

This is Sweden. This is supposed to be a wealthy progressive European country.
But so many migrants have arrived from other parts of the world that these days something like this isn't that unusual.
At one school, it has been discovered that every single girl in one class had undergone the procedure.

----------
The shocking scale of female genital mutilation (FGM) in a Swedish school, where every single girl in one class had been subjected to the procedure, has been revealed.

School health services in Norrköping, eastern Sweden, discovered 60 cases of FGM since March, according to the Norrköpings Tidningar newspaper.

In the class where all of the girls had FGM performed on them, 28 were subjected to infibulation - the most extreme kind where the clitoris and labia are complete cut away, and the genitals are sewn to leave a small vaginal opening.​
--------
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 52854.html

Such types of issues would have been unimaginable in Europe only a few decades ago.

The Nordics have a very low fertility rate and they are importing people from the 3rd world. If this continues the Nordic nations will be 3rd world countries in the not so distant future.
Wtf "fertility rate" ?!?!!?!?

You probably mean birth rate.

Fertility and actual births are two very different things. A person can be perfectly fertile and yet never have a baby, either by not engaging in sex with the opposite sex or only doing so with protection.
Negotiator wrote:Wtf "fertility rate" ?!?!!?!?

You probably mean birth rate.

Fertility and actual births are two very different things. A person can be perfectly fertile and yet never have a baby, either by not engaging in sex with the opposite sex or only doing so with protection.

I agree with you. But, people that publish data on births per couple use the term fertility rate:

The most commonly used metric is the Total Fertility Rate (TFR) – or often simply ‘fertility rate’ – which measures the average number of children per woman.
https://ourworldindata.org/fertility-ra ... s%20halved.

Thanks for the clarification.
So a judge in Ireland directed a jury to use cultural differences to decide the case, and they said not guilty.

Is the next case going to be an honour killing that also results in a not guilty verdict of the murder of the 14 year old girl by her father.
Or even a 14 yo boy who lost his faith in his parent's religion.

Where does this end?!?!

Maybe when someone tries to enslave a girl as a sexworker, and claims his culture allows this.
I fully agree that its absurd to take culture differences into this. The law must be the same for everybody, and it is meant to be so general that it works for everybody.

Mutilation is against human rights, which are universal, so what they're doing cannot possibly be actually legal in their home countries.

https://www.un.org/en/universal-declara ... an-rights/
Article 3.
Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.
Article 5.
No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.
It is unforgivably cruel to induce torture like this. I mean, what do those people see in having pleasure from that?

These torturers deserve being locked up in asylum together.
XogGyux wrote:It is sad and maddening. And while Female genital mutilation might be worse, let's not forget that millions, perhaps billions of people also perform circumcision. All sort of genital mutilation is appalling.

If some people find it necessary to perform it upon themselves I have nothing to say. Don't do that to others.
Patrickov wrote:If some people find it necessary to perform it upon themselves I have nothing to say. Don't do that to others.

I have no quarrel with any adult that chooses that for themselves or even if an "mature" adolescent wishes it and there is informed consent. For all I care, as long as you understand what you are doing, you are free to cut the whole penis if that is what you wish. The same thing for women, if they want any sort of surgery/intervention, so long as they understand and are able to provide informed consent, go ahead.

Just English and scottish actually. Absolute ho[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We're getting some shocking claims coming through.[…]

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

@Unthinking Majority Canada goes beyond just t[…]