A Brexit lesson: EU’s benefits, largely invisible, hurt to lose - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
The British government has informally advised UK companies to move operations to the continent to continue serving their European customers. Government officials have admitted that there is "no other option."

Brexit, the gift that keeps on giving. :)

Referring to discussions with a senior DIT adviser on trade, Moss said: “This guy talked complete sense. What I said to him was, have I got another choice [other than to set up a company abroad]? He confirmed that he couldn’t see another way. He told me that what I was thinking of doing was the right thing, that he could see no other option. He did not see this as a teething problem. He said he had to be careful what he said, but he was very clear.”

Move to EU to avoid Brexit costs, firms told

SMEs will be hardest hit by the departure from the EU's custom union. Aside from a small number of "hidden champions", most SMEs primarily serve their domestic market because to maintain in international network of branch offices requires too many resources. British SMEs who have sold in the EU's single market as if it were a domestic market are suddenly confronted with export barriers they have never had to deal with. Closing shop or moving some operations to the continent are the only options.

Rugoz wrote:What rival project? I doubt the UK can afford its own system and it invested quite a lot in Galileo.

The Brexit ship is sinking so rapidly that it's hard to stay abreast of the latest development. Apparently their plans for an alternative project have already fallen apart, as one would have exptected.

UK scraps Brexit alternative to EU’s Galileo satellite system

Anyways, they left Galileo to pursue their own project, even if that already failed.

@FiveofSwords If you think that science is mer[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]