What is happening with Nicola Sturgeon and Scotland? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
I read on the news the other day the English calling for her resignation as PM of Scotland allegedly because she broke a rule of conduct about Alex Salmond's enquiry.

Then a few days later the report vindicated her and determined that she did not break the conduct: https://www.independent.co.uk/independe ... 20772.html

Yesterday or the day before she announced the Scottish independence referendum for 2023.

Today another new fresh report has come out that accuses her of breaking the code of conduct again:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 20922.html
Westminster has stayed out of this Noemon. When Sturgeon mentions the Tories, she specially talking about the Scottish Tories.

The first inquiry one was by a lawyer called Hamilton that cleared her with the evidence he had but said that parliament had to ask more questions. Basically implying that actually in all likelihood there is something in this but not enough to say yet that she was guilty of braking the ministerial code. The second was by MSPs who basically followed the party line. Those two things were always going to conclude yesterday and today and I suspect the announcement of independence was designed to be in between the two inquiries to deflect attention away from them. Basically politics.

I think you have to be a fool to believe Sturgeon forgot her met Salmon or the date of it anyway given the charge. But I don't think it matters really given she has done a great job for Scotland. I doubt the voters give a shit and she will pass the vote of confidence in any case. But perhaps the real question I have always wondered is why Sturgeon was willing to push Salmon under the bus and even kept this up despite her lawyers telling her that the Scottish Government was going to lose which ultimately cost Scotland half a million. My instinct has been she may have been a victim of Salmon as well given her ride to power and she sympathises with the victims who called out. Because for two people who were politically astute and advocators for independence, this is one hell of a fallout from former good friends.
Last edited by B0ycey on 23 Mar 2021 10:58, edited 1 time in total.
B0ycey wrote:Westminster has stayed out of this Noemon. When Sturgeon mentions the Tories, she specially talking about the Scottish Tories.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I nearly fell off my chair mate.

I think you have to be a fool to believe Sturgeon forgot her met Salmon given the charge or the date of it anyway.

I think you need to be a great fool not to see the fudge happening.

If Boris takes down Sturgeon with these backhanded nonsense in order to deny the Scots their referendum, things will escalate and when they do, it becomes a snowball.

What was the point of this enquiry again to determine whether Sturgeon was prescient and an oracle about Salmond, something along these ridiculously stupid lines anyway.
noemon wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I nearly fell off my chair mate.

What have you based your opinion on this? Boris is always saying that he is leaving it upto Holyrood every single time the Media have asked him to comment on it which has happened regularly.

The only person who has made any form of comment is Davis who happens to be good friends from Salmon.

Also the inquiry was set up in Scotland and not Westminster. How is this a play by "The English" so stop Scottish independence when it was set up in Scotland? :?:
Last edited by B0ycey on 23 Mar 2021 11:05, edited 2 times in total.
B0ycey wrote:What have you based your opinion in this? Boris is always saying that he is leaving it to Holyrood every single time the Media have asked hims to comment on it which has happened regularly.

The onky person eho has made any form of comment is Davis who happens to be good friends from Salmon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you live in another country or something?

Boris rules out Scottish referendum uses "once in a generation" slogan whenever someone asks him.

Also the inquiry was set up in Scotland and not Westminster. How is this a play by "The English" so stop Scottish independence when it was set up in Scotland?

:lol:

Quite a bit like "it's not us, its Astrazeneca", or "we have not banned exports we simply do not permit AZ to send any".
This inquiry which hinges on nothing at all has the sole purpose of getting Sturgeon to resign as Scotland's PM, and tar he along the way, removing her as First Minister, which is what the English called her to do just 2 days ago in order to disrupt the SNP and its Independence referendum in the upcoming elections.

Nicola Sturgeon faces fight to save career over finding that she misled parliament
The thread is asking for someone to tell us what this "inquiry against the Scottish PM" is all about but you have not managed that either. The reason is because the inquiry is so stupid, the fudge will then become too obvious.
noemon wrote:This inquiry which hinges on nothing at all has the sole purpose of getting Sturgeon to resign as Scotland PM, and tar he along the way, removing her as First Minister which is what the English called her to do just 2 days ago in order to disrupt the SNP in the upcoming elections.

Nicola Sturgeon faces fight to save career over finding that she misled parliament

The inquiry is on her conduct. Set up in Scotland. And being judged by MSPs. How is that got anything to do with Westminster? :?:

This is indeed political to be get out by Scottish Tories. It will fail but so what? These kind of stunts always fail but they just there to put pressure on an opponent.
noemon wrote:What about her conduct, what is she accused of doing? Can you explain in plain words?

Did she lie about meeting Salmon knowing his sexual charges before she claimed to and costing the Scottish Government half a million pounds perusing a case against Salmon that she was told she was going to lose.
B0ycey wrote:Did she lie about meeting Salmon knowing his sexual charges before she claimed to and costing the Scottish Government half a million pounds perusing a case against Salmon that she was told she was going to lose.

I really do not understand, can you take a minute of your time to explain exactly what this inquiry is about, because neither myself nor most of us know the backstory.

Alex Salmond was being naughty with some women from what I recall from headlines. What does that have to do with Nicola Sturgeon?
noemon wrote:I really do not understand, can you take a minute of your time to explain exactly what this inquiry is about, because neither myself nor most of us know the backstory.

Are you aware that Salmon was found not guilty of sexual assault about this time last year? And when he was out of court he said he was going to tell all? Turned out that Sturgeon was using her powers against him (or not as the enquiry says) but the case relies on her claiming she didnt know about these charges before she did, and then claimed she didn't know the date. Basically a trump card against her but it is all about her lying to Holyrood.
I am not aware of anything about Salmond or the details of this inquiry, all the articles I have read are silent on the details(red flag right there) and all of them use this opportunity to tar Sturgeon and undermine the Scottish indyref.

Can someone give me the full lowdown instead of interpretive snippets?
noemon wrote:I am not aware of anything about Salmond or the details of this inquiry, all the articles I have read are silent on the details(red flag right there) and all of them use this opportunity to tar Sturgeon and undermine the Scottish indyref.

Can someone give me the full lowdown instead of interpretive snippets?

I'm at work on my phone at the moment so can't provide a link. But I know the BBC have one if you go on their site.
noemon wrote:Can someone give me the full lowdown

From what I've read, the original charge was bullying (Priti Patel-style). Sturgeon heard rumours and had a word. Reassured, she left it for others to sort out. She says she didn't think anything of it at the time, not really her business, and forgot about it. She most likely got the usual bollocks from Salmond - Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me.

Then when sexual impropriety reared its ugly head, and the committee meant to deal with such matters fucked up, this unofficial, not in the diary, quiet word with a colleague meeting got dragged up.

:lol:
Last edited by ingliz on 23 Mar 2021 12:23, edited 2 times in total.
@B0ycey is basically right about this, @noemon - this is the fallout from an internal power struggle within the SNP following Alex Salmond's fall from grace due to his shenanigans with some of his female assistants and colleagues - basically, wandering hands and a potty mouth. Lol. The English Unionists are no doubt rubbing their hands in glee, but are playing no active role in what's happening. They don't have to. Lol.

It's not just Mapuche, there are other indigenous[…]

@Deutschmania Not if the 70% are American and[…]

What confuses me much more is the question what t[…]

I said most. A psych prof once said that a colleg[…]