Send balloons over Russia? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
As recently as 2020, South Korean activists were sending propaganda-carrying balloons across the border into North Korea. The balloons typically carried leaflets, USB sticks or DVDs with criticism of the Pyongyang regime, as well as South Korean news reports or even Korean dramas.

Given Putin’s control of mass media, would such a balloon campaign be useful in the Ukraine war? Perhaps the leaflets or thumb drives would include pictures of destroyed Russian tanks, bombed buildings, commentary by those outside the country, and/or messages from Russian prisoners.

Presumably, the balloons could be launched from Ukraine, if the winds were in the right direction, or non-governmental activists might even send them from other countries bordering Russia or from international or multinational waters, perhaps from boats in the Black Sea, the Baltic Sea or the western part of the Gulf of Finland.
You could also talk to russians over this brand new thing called the internet.
Negotiator wrote:You could also talk to russians over this brand new thing called the internet.

Putin is trying to shut it all off but there are of course means to still get one's hands on international information. But even w/o ANY foreign media, average russians will probably notice that their government lies.
I still do not understand Putin, he seems to be completely out of this world to believe his media manipulation works like it did in the 20ieth century.
Wels wrote:Putin is trying to shut it all off

:?:

I have no trouble finding postings of russians all over the internet.

Wels wrote:But even w/o ANY foreign media, average russians will probably notice that their government lies.

Some will, some wont.

Here in the west not everybody notices how OUR media and politicians lie to us, either.
Negotiator wrote::?:
I have no trouble finding postings of russians all over the internet.

Let's say the posters and their content changed a bit, if you look at Mr. Artunov in this very forum, and elsewhere.
Here in the west not everybody notices how OUR media and politicians lie to us, either.

Not everybody, i agree. We are being lied to, our politicians are corrupt and so on. But in the west people are usually not killed if they speak up to their politicians, or any critic being silenced by force like in Russia.
Where exactly did you say you live? ;)
BRICS will fail

BRICS involves one of several configurations emplo[…]

So you do justify October 7, but as I said lack th[…]

Not well. The point was that achieving "equ[…]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]