18 % of Germans agreed with the statement that putin "is fighting against the world elite, which is - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
According to a poll by Cemas, about 18 percent of Germans agreed with the statement that putin "is fighting against the world elite, which is pulling strings behind the scenes.". Kremlin propaganda myths tend to be believed more in eastern Germany.

1) more in eastern Germany. why ?

2) how many freaks live in your country ?

my guess Sweden has less than 5 % such freaks

litwin wrote:1) more in eastern Germany. why ?

Actually when I read the title, before I read any of the rest of your post, the first thought that entered my mind was wondering whether most of them lived in Eastern Germany.

East Germany was under Soviet occupation, you may remember, so a majority of the country's Communists are there.
The fact that they are now poorer than the rest of Germany also makes them more likely to be Communists, and have a more positive (or at least less negative) view of the former Soviet Union, and somewhat by extension, modern Russian domination. Most of the handful of Right Wing Germans also live in the East, again probably because it is poorer, less developed. So they would also have some reasons to be skeptical of the West, and view Putin's government positively. (Even though of course those on the Right Wing in other Eastern European countries are very fearful of and hate Russia, but explaining the reason for the difference would be another long discussion) Those in a region facing underemployment problems are more likely to be skeptical of government and believing in what you call conspiracy theories, whether true or not.
Puffer Fish wrote:Actually when I read the title, before I read any of the rest of your post, the first thought that entered my mind was wondering whether most of them lived in Eastern Germany.

East Germany was under Soviet occupation, you may remember, so a majority of the country's Communists are there.
The fact that they are now poorer than the rest of Germany also makes them more likely to be Communists, and have a more positive (or at least less negative) view of the former Soviet Union, and somewhat by extension, modern Russian domination. Most of the handful of Right Wing Germans also live in the East, again probably because it is poorer, less developed. So they would also have some reasons to be skeptical of the West, and view Putin's government positively. (Even though of course those on the Right Wing in other Eastern European countries are very fearful of and hate Russia, but explaining the reason for the difference would be another long discussion) Those in a region facing underemployment problems are more likely to be skeptical of government and believing in what you call conspiracy theories, whether true or not.

"The fact that they are now poorer than the rest of Germany also makes them more likely to be Communists, and have a more positive (or at least less negative) view of the former Soviet Union,"

the entire Eastern Europe hate the commies and Moscow empire. Eastern Germany votes for far- right more than westren part as well
It’s a pattern. At least in the Netherlands where I live.
-Roughly 1 in 5 of the people vote for the most explicit populist parties.
-Roughly 1 in 5 of the people believe in one or more conspiracy theories.
-Roughly 1 in 5 of the people are beyond saving and believe all sorts of crazy things.
So I’m not astonished at all. There’s nothing new under the sun.
litwin wrote:"The fact that they are now poorer than the rest of Germany also makes them more likely to be Communists, and have a more positive (or at least less negative) view of the former Soviet Union,"

the entire Eastern Europe hate the commies and Moscow empire. Eastern Germany votes for far- right more than westren part as well

You seem to be making a logical fallacy here.
Just because Eastern Germany "hates the Communists" does not mean that most of the country's Communist supporters do not live there. Both can be true.

Eastern Germany contains both more "Far Right" and "Far Left" supporters than Western Germany.
Puffer Fish wrote:You seem to be making a logical fallacy here.
Just because Eastern Germany "hates the Communists" does not mean that most of the country's Communist supporters do not live there. Both can be true.

Eastern Germany contains both more "Far Right" and "Far Left" supporters than Western Germany.

thats true, and its dying out ....Marxism is a deadly cancer ...
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]