Moscow empire Needs to Be Defeated and Humiliated in Ukraine. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Finally, many fear the dissolution of Moscow empire , just as President George H.W. Bush feared the dissolution of the USSR and even went to Ukraine to agitate against Ukrainian nationalism in his 1991 “chicken Kiev” speech. We must not repeat his mistake. Let those nations that desire to leave Moscow empire do so.

As the exiled Moscow opposition politician Leonid Gozman argues, the ideal outcome is that Moscow empire is defeated and has to capitulate, as Germany did in 1945. The problem with the 1991 collapse of the USSR was that it was too peaceful; Muscovites did not feel defeated. They did not understand why the USSR had collapsed.

Love the article. Well stated.

litwin wrote:Finally, many fear the dissolution of Moscow empire , just as President George H.W. Bush feared the dissolution of the USSR and even went to Ukraine to agitate against Ukrainian nationalism in his 1991 “chicken Kiev” speech. We must not repeat his mistake. Let those nations that desire to leave Moscow empire do so.

As the exiled Moscow opposition politician Leonid Gozman argues, the ideal outcome is that Moscow empire is defeated and has to capitulate, as Germany did in 1945. The problem with the 1991 collapse of the USSR was that it was too peaceful; Muscovites did not feel defeated. They did not understand why the USSR had collapsed.

Love the article. Well stated.

Bush wasn't exactly incorrect. Baltic separation was obvious at the time but Belarus and Ukraine along with some others not leaving might have made the economic problems in 90s less while at the same time making Russia more integrated with Western Businesses. The two factors that were absent and allowed Putin to become a dictator. I would say real democracy might have held way better in my opinion.

But then again, there are no what ifs in history. And it could have ended the same just with Ukraine and Belarus being more oppressed.

Still, absence of real privatisation, economic problems due to leadership incompetence and rally few financial ties made Putin possible or more precisely he abused them to become a dictator.
We should see what is at stake in this game, this is the nuclear winter. When Russia shoots its 6000 nukes and the US its 5000 nukes then the planet is going to have 25 Years of winter, a never ending night + radiaton.

The Russians made it clear if they loose crimea, they will use nukes.

It was a mistake by the UN to force Ukraine to give its nuclear arsenal up...
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting: https://jackrasmus.com/2024/04/23/u[…]

I am not the one who never shows his credentials […]

As a Latino, I am always very careful about crossi[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]