French President Macron to get tough on radical Muslims, but some civil liberties concerns - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Macron Calls for ‘Ruthless’ Deportation of All Migrants with Ties to Islamic Extremism from France

French President Emmanuel Macron called for all radical Islamist migrants residing in France to be removed from the country in the wake of the suspected Islam-inspired assassination of a middle school teacher on Friday.
President Macron has tasked Minister of the Interior Gérald Darmanin to carry out a “ruthless” examination of the files of those who “carry hatred and terrorist ideologies” over the next 48 hours in order to remove foreign-born Islamists from France, Le Figaro reports.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/1 ... om-france/

While it is totally understandable why Macron is responding this way (there have become big problems in France now), some people are concerned about civil liberties issues and the liberal ideals that France holds in such high regard being threatened.

Here's my perspective. It sounds like what French President Macron will be doing would threaten the right of freedom of belief and free speech.
Except for the fact that the people who are going to lose these rights are virtually all immigrants who probably should have never been allowed into the country in the first place, and around half of them are illegally in the country (not that France has been consistently enforcing its own laws).

In my opinion, it's another example of how problems brought into the country can threaten freedom.
Istanbuller wrote:"Radical Muslims" are very very very tiny part of Muslims populations. If you stop seeing Muslims as a problem, then problems are to be solved.

America and Europe probably get a much larger percentage of them, because the migrants travelling across the world typically come from the more troubled countries in the Middle East.

Obviously it's far less of a problem and pretty rare in some Muslim countries, such as Turkey.
Puffer Fish wrote:America and Europe probably get a much larger percentage of them, because the migrants travelling across the world typically come from the more troubled countries in the Middle East.

Obviously it's far less of a problem and pretty rare in some Muslim countries, such as Turkey.

Immigration is a complex issue. You stick your home culture and religion more when you are away from home. Yes, it can lead to fanaticism.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]