Rishi Sunak conversing with homeless man in the UK - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
I think Rishi is really out of it in this video. What do you think?

What is the purpose of this video with the PM from the UK? He is a man of the people? He serves the community?

it really sounds, feels and looks fake.
Beren wrote:At least it clearly shows how much post-Brexit Britain really sucks.

Here's the American version they most likely mean (and miserably fail) to copycat.

It is not the same with the Obamas. I agree that letting themselves be filmed is kind of publicity houndish but that Obama is not really liberal with liberal values? No, he is a liberal. His mother was on welfare and state dole help at one point, and he did not come from wealthy parents and a conventional well-to-do background like Rishi Sunak.

His wife Michelle Obama was working class and grew up in the south side of Chicago, Illinois. It was in an almost all black neighborhood. So no, they are not of the same socioeconomic background as Rishi is.

Obama worked the system to his advantage and is a liberal that is pro capitalism. Rishi is a Tory and from wealthy parents with a very sellout upper crust background in the UK. Not at all the same.

They also were always volunteering way before they were in the White House. So it was not something new they started doing for their self image. Did Rishi do that help the homeless since he was a child or not? No, he did not. Michelle Obama and the husband Barack always did that service thing. It is not the same.
Tainari88 wrote:What is his great plan for the UK? Do you know?

No, sorry, I honestly don't.

I have not seen something of a Rishi, he increased taxes by a lot, is badmouthing migrants and working this angle with dog whistles & Suella while leaning on their immigrant backgrounds and he is trying to be somewhat pro-EU.

That's all, he calls this, the "steady hand" I believe.

Starmer is exactly identical without the migrant's part.

They are both very small both literally and figuratively.
noemon wrote:No, sorry, I honestly don't.

I have not seen something of a Rishi, he increased taxes by a lot, is badmouthing migrants and working this angle with dog whistles & Suella while leaning on their immigrant backgrounds and he is trying to be somewhat pro-EU.

Why are the Tories always winning in the UK if they had Boris and so on? I do not get the attraction for voters?
noemon wrote:No, sorry, I honestly don't.

You are right about his cheap plan of having migrants in the UK fund a rise in pay. What a stupid plan.

Beren wrote:Is my previous post really that much misunderstandable?

Well, if you look at it from politicians trying to create positive images of themselves and not the power hungry egos most of them are. Yes, it is understandable.

But the reality is that the UK has a bunch of really horrible Tories that have dominated there for the last few elections and I do not see the attraction and why they keep winning? It makes no sense.

Truss woman did not even last a month? Boris sucked. They might beg to get that total sellout hypocrite back. I have no idea.

Now they have Mr. Rich and I got to dump my US Green Card connection because my UK English ambition is working out now....lol.

Is that the best the UK can do?

I never voted for Obama. But Obama if you read his biography was not a rich guy with parents with bucks. Rishi man was.

Both he and his wife were raised with tremendous amounts of privilege. They also really are classic opportunists of the worst sort. Truss too. It seems to me that super brownnosing opportunist Tory politicians are the only thing the British voting public or UK public tends to have as a majority. It is terrible.

Tell me it is not so people who live in the UK?
Tainari88 wrote:Well, if you look at it from politicians trying to create positive images of themselves and not the power hungry egos most of them are. Yes, it is understandable.

But the reality is that the UK has a bunch of really horrible Tories that have dominated there for the last few elections and I do not see the attraction and why they keep winning? It makes no sense.

Truss woman did not even last a month? Boris sucked. They might beg to get that total sellout hypocrite back. I have no idea.

Now they have Mr. Rich and I got to dump my US Green Card connection because my UK English ambition is working out now....lol.

Is that the best the UK can do?

I never voted for Obama. But Obama if you read his biography was not a rich guy with parents with bucks. Rishi man was.

Both he and his wife were raised with tremendous amounts of privilege. They also really are classic opportunists of the worst sort. Truss too. It seems to me that super brownnosing opportunist Tory politicians are the only thing the British voting public or UK public tends to have as a majority. It is terrible.

Tell me it is not so people who live in the UK?

@skinster summed it up, @Tainari88 - we really have no good options here. The class system in Britain, and the reflexive deference to the upper crust which it leads to, means that huge numbers of working-class voters vote for the Tories, the party of their social ‘betters’. Because after all, if someone went to an expensive private boarding school and speaks with a funny upper-class accent then they must know what’s best for us, right? I kid you not, that’s how a lot of people in Britain think. The result is a political shit-show, pretty much like American politics but with fewer guns and slightly better manners.
skinster wrote:Did you really ask if Rishi "I don't have any working class friends" Sunak is a man of the people, Tainari? :D

Yes, he is shit and just what you would expect to serve this system. Same goes for Keith Starmer. We have no good options here, like most Western states these days.

Why am I getting nauseous and headaches as you describe these politicians from the UK in power right now? Indigestion. Oh, I am getting a need to replay this old commercial announcement from the past.

Potemkin wrote:@skinster summed it up, @Tainari88 - we really have no good options here. The class system in Britain, and the reflexive deference to the upper crust which it leads to, means that huge numbers of working-class voters vote for the Tories, the party of their social ‘betters’. Because after all, if someone went to an expensive private boarding school and speaks with a funny upper-class accent then they must know what’s best for us, right? I kid you not, that’s how a lot of people in Britain think. The result is a political shit-show, pretty much like American politics but with fewer guns and slightly better manners.

I can't cope. Oh, Latin American Lefties, how I think you are a much better deal. Oh, Leftist Latinos, from many nations, the relief I feel from not having to deal with these type of politicians is a great feeling.

We just need to cope with the racist elitists, and frustrate them with too many working class Latin Americans voting their asses out of office. Oh the glory of seeing the elitist racist snobs get their due...it is a great thing!

skinster wrote:It was a classic. :D

Wow, that was so funny. That Rishi guy is a real asshole. Hee hee!

Here is Janine woman. She was a real anti Indian snob from Bolivia...hee hee. She did not last long with the working class Bolivians making her life a living hell! Hee hee.

She wound up with 10 years in prison.

For ruling with terroristic tactics.

She also said racist shit during the entire rule. Hating on Indians and being a snob and being a despotic elitist. Did not last at all.

If you go through many nations in Latin America the left can be relied on to deliver working class and peasant votes and many lower middle class people as well. The elite and middle class are harder but the middle classes tend to be also leftist.

I think the problem in the UK @skinster and @Potemkin are the long traditions of class-based and monarchical systems in the UK for an almost impossible system of class identification and hatred of the poor and working people. It is very deep there. A deep disrespect for the humble. Very little real direct movement is habitual in that calcified class system.

Come on Skins Rishi admitted he was wrong back then. He had working class friends. He was wrong. He apologized. How dare you not believe your fine PM!!?

Proud and passionate history. Legally and orderly and controlled. Of course. A billion people want to move to the UK. Count me OUT of that billions.... :lol: :lol:
Potemkin wrote:The result is a political shit-show, pretty much like American politics but with fewer guns and slightly better manners.

There's a stark difference, though, as to how Americans deal with Trump and his MAGA movement and how the British deal with Brexit (a.k.a. Make Britain Great Again) while making a political shit-show. Trump failed basically and can only drag down the GOP with himself perhaps while being thrown off, whereas Brexit (MBGA) succeeded and drags down the whole UK with itself.

However, just to make it absolutely clear to anyone, I actually (obviously?) meant to show the contrast between Obama (the real one) and Sunak (the miserable British copycat) and not to draw a parallel between them.
Potemkin wrote:@skinster summed it up, @Tainari88 - we really have no good options here. The class system in Britain, and the reflexive deference to the upper crust which it leads to, means that huge numbers of working-class voters vote for the Tories, the party of their social ‘betters’. Because after all, if someone went to an expensive private boarding school and speaks with a funny upper-class accent then they must know what’s best for us, right? I kid you not, that’s how a lot of people in Britain think. The result is a political shit-show, pretty much like American politics but with fewer guns and slightly better manners.

What happened to Jeremy Corbyn Potemkin? Wasn't he trying to run and lost? Who else could be more of a decent leftist to challenge that Tory nightmare?
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is pleasurable to see US university students st[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 27, Saturday More women to do German war w[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

The bill proposed by Congress could easily be use[…]