Things are going badly for Ukraine - really badly - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Rugoz wrote:They don't exist on the Ukrainian side, to my knowledge

You're not very knowledgeable.

I bought an M9 from a private military contractor last year. I call them mercenaries - They call themselves security consultants - contracted to fight in Ukraine. He said his particular skillset was sniping. I thought he was a bullshitter, but no, he's there on Linkedin touting for business with photos.

:lol:
ingliz wrote:You're not very knowledgeable.

I bought an M9 from a private military contractor last year. I call them mercenaries - They call themselves security consultants - contracted to fight in Ukraine. He said his particular skillset was sniping. I thought he was a bullshitter, but no, he's there on Linkedin touting for business with photos.

:lol:

Am I supposed to believe you, of all people, or this bullshitting "mercenary"? Feel free to provide a source for PMCs fighting for Ukraine. Because it they do, on any relevant scale, it shouldn't be difficult to find one.
@Skynet What a blatant lie. You can easily determine that Russia spends 3.9% of it's GDP on the military and that doesn't even put it in the top 10 in the world. Sheeesh. At least you could try to do your propaganda better.
Godstud wrote:@Skynet What a blatant lie. You can easily determine that Russia spends 3.9% of it's GDP on the military and that doesn't even put it in the top 10 in the world. Sheeesh. At least you could try to do your propaganda better.

Excuse you are right, I got false info from Youtube. :moron:

But I insist just 40 000 Russkis died... this is logical the Ivan has x times more heavy weapons.
Last edited by Skynet on 19 Feb 2024 11:54, edited 1 time in total.
Ukraine is still being funded to the tune of tens of billions a year, even without a cent from America. Ukraine has more than enough resources to defend its still vast remaining territory. The problem is its corrupt, incompetent and delusional leadership.

Capturing Avdiika rationalises and shortens the front line and pushes Ukrainian artillery back away from Donetsk city, which I understand has caused thousands of civilian casualties over the last decade. Its no great loss for Ukraine except to Ukraine and its liberal cheer leaders hopes of reconquering the Donbas. Its a blow to Ukraine's morale, but mainly because Zelensky insisted on making its defence such a feature of Ukrainian propaganda.

The end to the decade long battle over this minor Donbas town, that probably most people in Ukraine, let alone the West had never heard of prior to 2014, is something that should be celebrated not mourned
Since February 2022, the United States has allocated $113.4 billion in emergency funding to support Ukraine in wartime.

See How much money has the US given Ukraine since Russia’s invasion? USAFacts October 4, 2023.

While the data presented shows most of the security assistance sent to Ukraine, only some transactions are publicly available, meaning some funds are unaccounted for.
Godstud wrote:@Skynet What a blatant lie. You can easily determine that Russia spends 3.9% of it's GDP on the military and that doesn't even put it in the top 10 in the world. Sheeesh. At least you could try to do your propaganda better.

The 40% figure floating around refers to 40% of government expenditure, but that's the security apparatus in total, including Rosgvardia. For the military the plan (2024) is 35% of government expenditure, or 7.1% of GDP.

https://www.sipri.org/media/press-relea ... i-analysis
Rugoz wrote:For the military the plan (2024) is 35% of government expenditure, or 7.1% of GDP.

:roll: And these jokers still keep trying to tell us this is a full scale war. In World War II Britain reached 53% of our GDP at its and we had the relative luxury of being protected by the British Navy and the English Channel. For Germany the figure reached 75% in 1944. And its not just the expenditure or the lack of moblisation. If the Ukrainians were serious about full scale war they would have advanced north into Belarus and Russia. Any territory they captured could then have been traded later down the line. Of course if the Ukrainians had even more sense they would take territory in western Belarus and keep it while letting the Russians keep the East.

The territory north of west and central Ukraine is the ideal place to deploy more lightly armed infantry. Plus anyone with manpower and motivational advantage should seek to widen the front. This will dilute and mitigate the advantages the enemy may have in armour, artillery air power etc. Russia's break through in northern Adviika was only achieved through a very strong concentration of Russian manpower, artillery, air-power and other limited resources.
When talking about how much support Ukraine has been given and that they should now easily have enough resources to fight and win this war, one should also look at the costs of this war for both parties. While the economic costs for Russia have been substantial, for Ukraine they have been catastrophic, with an estimated loss of -30.4% of their GDP in 2022 alone.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/ukraines-economy-falls-304-2022-minister-2023-01-05/
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]