Hysteric antiamericanism ridiculed by Polish officials - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By stannis
You think investigating CIA rendition flights in Europe is hysterically anti-American? Do you actually live in Europe, or another planet?
By Shade2
I live in Poland. Few hundred meters from my home there will be a street named after Ronald Reagan. In Paris they have street after Lenin who invaded my country and whose soldiers murdered my countrymen. This reflects the beliefs and ideals of left which rules EU.
Any more questions about "living in Europe"?
Last edited by Shade2 on 13 Nov 2006 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
By stannis
How did Ronald Reagan bring down communism? If anyone was responsible, it was John Paul II - or more accurately, Polish people and Solidarity.
By Shade2
Solidarity.

Which received training, financial help from Reagans CIA.

How did Ronald Reagan bring down communism?

By putting embargo on Communist puppets occupying my country for example.
By stannis
And Reagan was the only one responsible for this? Surely this was the move of his advisors and ideologists.

Gorbachev's looser hand had a good bit to do with Polish freedom, too. It gave the satellites a chance to make the break for freedom.
By Shade2
Gorbachev's looser hand had a good bit to do with Polish freedom, too.

Gorbaczev sent soldiers against Lithuanian and Georgian people.
Reagan simply outricked him.
And Reagan was the only one responsible for this? Surely this was the move of his advisors and ideologists.

Who knows, maybe in future we shall honour those people as well.But for know the men that symbolises them all is common Polish-American hero:Ronald Reagan.
Too bad West Europe can't produce politicians of such caliber.
By stannis
I agree. Blair, Aznar and Berlusconi were only too willing to bow before Bush and support the Iraq invasion. We need more politicians of backbone, who believe in Europe, not blindly following the interests of Russia or America.
By Ombrageux
Ronald Reagan is the Brezhnev of Central America.

A little deficit spending here, a little flirting with Iranian fundamentals there, rounded out with funding murderous civil wars from Angola to Nicaragua.

Reagan was a disgrace, not a "conservative", not a "cold warrior", but an actor, just that. A man capable of only image, no substance, who by historical accident can claim to have "won" some so-called ideological struggle.
By Shade2
Blair, Aznar and Berlusconi were only too willing to bow before Bush and support the Iraq invasion.

Just as they should. I am sure Reagan would support overthrow of the despotic regime.

We need more politicians of backbone, who believe in Europe, not blindly following the interests of Russia or America.

America shares the same cultural background as Europe, where as Russia does not.
Russia should increase its cooperation with Asiatic countries as it fits its geopolitical and cultural position more.
Last edited by Shade2 on 13 Nov 2006 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
By stannis
So Europe should just do as America says? Is that what you think?

Some European :roll:
By Shade2
So Europe should just do as America says? Is that what you think?

There is no "Europe" country. Hopefully there never will.
Time and time again USA has stood for freedom and liberty, prosperity. The ideas of unified Europe always were accompanied by totalitarian thought and limitation of freedom. The same is now.

Some European

A poster from 1944 made by German authorities reads in Polish:"Poles work for Europe's good". I don't care for such slogans obviously.

Reagan was a disgrace,

Of course.He gave hope, courage and freedom to Poles. I am sure to many this is a disgrace.
By stannis
Equating the EU to Nazis... a tiresome and innaccurate argument of the anti-EU crowd.

Are Jews put in death camps in Europe? Do we have a raging, ranting fuhrer? How many countries were forced to join the EU?

You don't want Poland as part of an EU country, indeed - you want it to be the 51st American state.
By Shade2

Equating the EU to Nazis... a tiresome and innaccurate argument of the anti-EU crowd.

I didn't equate EU to Nazis. I simply pointed out the fact that European ideology has its roots in totalitarian systems.
Or are you claiming it is untrue Nazis had an "European" program and concept ?
you want it to be the 51st American state.

Sadly out of geographical concerns this is impossible :*(
We can represent the interest of the country pursuing prosperity and freedom in world as best as we can. USA always stood by Poland while European countries wanted us destroyed or simply didn't care. It is a question of honour for Poland to help our long-time ally and friend.
By stannis
Or are you claiming it is untrue Nazis had an "European" program and concept ?

Only insofar as it would serve their slave empire. Their claims of European brotherhood were rather weak when you consider how often they invaded European countries.

Sadly out of geographical concerns this is impossible

So you don't regard your country as European, but rather American. Good that we've established that.
By Shade2
So you don't regard your country as European, but rather American. Good that we've established that..

No we haven't and by your cheap tactic of putting words into my mouth you are showing yourself desperate.

I consider my country more European then France or Netherlands.
While Poland has stood for core european values that created European civilisation, because it protected out freedom and national identity, West Europe after 1945 destroyed its identity.
Last edited by Shade2 on 13 Nov 2006 17:19, edited 2 times in total.
By stannis
Is it a "core" European identity to follow America in everything? Your view of history is rather skewed, sir.

What aspects of West European identity post-1945 are not European?
By Shade2
Their claims of European brotherhood were rather weak

As are the claims of France or Germany when it comes to the way they treat and respect other european countries. They prefered for instance to side with Russia, rather then with the rest of european countries when it came to Iraq war.

Is it a "core" European identity to follow America in everything?

If it wants to survive, prosper and be free ? Yes.
By stannis
So you are saying that, in order to survive and remain European, we must always accept America's commands?

American command over every aspect of European life - how democratic, how patriotic of you :roll:

Just curious, do you ever plan to move to the States? With all the political problems for Bush, he could really do with another sycophant agreeing with his every word.

They prefered for instance to side with Russia,

:lol:

They didn't side with Russia for the sake of it. They found themselves in agreement with Russia (and your dear old China) because of their own reasons for opposing the war.
Last edited by stannis on 13 Nov 2006 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
By Shade2
American command over every aspect of European life - how democratic, how patriotic of you

Indeed. West Europe has shown on every occasion that it is not willing to stand for democracy, freedom or resist any threats.
It was done by USA.
Thus USA is the best protector of Europe. Europe should be greatefull for USA's protection and help, instead of attacking it.

Just curious, do you ever plan to move to the States?

Why should I ? Poland is ruled by politicians symphatetic to USA and even the main opposition party is the same.
We share similiar beliefs and cultural values also.

Blah blah. If Russia uses nukes, the rest of the […]

World War II Day by Day

March 29, Friday Mackenzie King wins Canadian el[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]

The rapes by Hamas, real or imagained are irreleva[…]