The joys of the Modern Liberals agenda! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Modern liberalism. Civil rights and liberties, State responsibility to the people (welfare).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Here is what modern Liberals like to glorify...
Unwed mothers...
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,540443,00.html?test=latestnews
BOISE, Idaho — The mother of an 8-year-old boy found dead in an Idaho canal and her live-in boyfriend have been indicted on first-degree murder charges by an Ada County grand jury.

When will you modern Liberals start JUDGING what lifestyles are BEST at promoting safer environments for children?
Why is it you and the media like to have television shows glorifying and validating fatherless homes when it ultimately invites more pain and suffering like the above?
By ThereBeDragons
I find your anecdotal evidence to be highly unconvincing.
By Dave
Paradigm wrote:Please point to evidence that liberals have "glorified" single-parent homes.

They may not glorify them, but they sure do enable and subsidize them.
By Dave
Paradigm wrote:You mean by preventing them and their kids from starving? Terrible, I know.

Indeed it is, as it gives them the means to support children who will likely be defective and even have more of them. It further marginalizes the economic role of the family and contributes to its dissolution. The outcome is a lower quality society and, ironically, more misery on the bottom than would otherwise be the case. But go ahead and pat yourself on the back for your self-perceived moral superiority.
By DanDaMan
Please point to evidence that liberals have "glorified" single-parent homes.
Turn the television on and watch shows like Married with Children that mock marriage and then watch shows on MTV that show teenage girls having babies and no husbands. And let's not forget the shows that have older successful women having children with no fathers in the house.

And let's not forget Obama's argument that he doesn't want single mothers to have hardships like his mother had raising him! Which is why he wants a national health care to empower more women to go it alone!
By ninurta
DanDaMan wrote:[]Please point to evidence that liberals have "glorified" single-parent homes.[]Turn the television on and watch shows like Married with Children that mock marriage and then watch shows on MTV that show teenage girls having babies and no husbands. And let's not forget the shows that have older successful women having children with no fathers in the house.

You do know that those shows exist because they are citcoms based on fiction and dramatization right? And the reality shows have really dumb people who are given a show for some bizarre reason, but is not all to uncommon for things to happen right? It didn't start with the liberals or conservatives, but with americans.
By Gommi
Dave wrote:Indeed it is, as it gives them the means to support children who will likely be defective and even have more of them. It further marginalizes the economic role of the family and contributes to its dissolution. The outcome is a lower quality society and, ironically, more misery on the bottom than would otherwise be the case. But go ahead and pat yourself on the back for your self-perceived moral superiority.

Isn't it logical that children born into destitution with one parent will have greater opportunities if the state is supporting them? Government programs can effectively reintegrate these groups into society, as civil servants discovered in the 1960's and 1970's. To completely neglect single parents however will only ensure their continued marginalization.
By Cartertonian
Gommi wrote:Isn't it logical that children born into destitution with one parent will have greater opportunities if the state is supporting them? Government programs can effectively reintegrate these groups into society,

I fear Dave would rather advocate their extermination... :lol:
By Dave
Gommi wrote:Isn't it logical that children born into destitution with one parent will have greater opportunities if the state is supporting them? Government programs can effectively reintegrate these groups into society, as civil servants discovered in the 1960's and 1970's. To completely neglect single parents however will only ensure their continued marginalization.

Indeed it is logical. The trouble is it makes such a family structure economically viable where it otherwise would not be, and thus subsidizes and encourages the growth of such family units whereas we want to minimize them as much as possible.
By Cartertonian
Dave wrote:whereas we want to minimize them as much as possible.
What? By perpetuating their destitution so they die out - literally?

:lol:
By Dave
cartertonian wrote:What? By perpetuating their destitution so they die out - literally?

:lol:

Yes, although in reality very few people would die and instead economically viable family models would be formed involving marriage and perhaps extended kin networks as well, which would result in a much better environment for children and build social capital. We need to fight atomization.
By ninurta
And the "it's okay to be a single-parent" model is what makes our countries debts and deficits grow higher with our taxes. As for minimum wage, another Liberal Agenda is to keep raising it, making families poorer. And yeah it does.

RPA and DDM, you have a graph? I have one in a book but have no way to transfer it to my computer. Otherwise i will look for it.
By PBVBROOK
DDM posted a Fox news story. Who would have thought.

Seriously DDM. Real question. Did you graduate from High School?
By DanDaMan
Seriously DDM. Real question. Did you graduate from High School?
Just barely.

But what is your opinion of all the Liberal television that never frowns upon these unwed mothers that run around inviting strange men into their bedrooms while Jr sleeps in the next room?

I can competently JUDGE that unwed mothers, as a whole, are not the BEST of parents for children.
Can you do the same?
By ThereBeDragons
What does "as a whole" mean?

Every single one?

On average?

More than half?
By PBVBROOK
I can competently JUDGE that unwed mothers, as a whole, are not the BEST of parents for children.
Can you do the same?

Unwed mothers is it? Are you still at that?

But what is your opinion of all the Liberal television that never frowns upon these unwed mothers that run around inviting strange men into their bedrooms while Jr sleeps in the next room?

Liberal television? I don't think so. Television programs are made to sell stuff. Whatever the advertisers buy is what commands the money. The more popular a program is the more money the producers can command from the networks who in turn command money from the advertisers.

Yours is a commonly held misconception. Here is (overly simplified version) how it works:

A producer gets an idea for a show. They work up the idea and pitch it to studio executives. These include the programming folks and the marketing folks. If the studio executives (businessmen in suits) think the show will sell they will order a pilot program or a short run. Armed with this they will approach advertisers with the product.

So if you want to know who is actually pulling the strings it is not “liberals” it is businessmen. Look at the great liberal show “The Daily Show.” Who is pulling the strings? Well first you have Sumner Redstone. He owns majority interest in Viacom. Is he a liberal? Let’s see:

Redstone attended the prestigious Boston Latin School, where he graduated first in his class. He then attended Harvard College, where he completed his B.A. in three years. Later, Redstone served in World War II, serving with the team that decoded Japanese messages for the United States Army.[4] Upon completion of his Army service, he worked in Washington, D.C. and attended Georgetown University Law School. He transferred into Harvard Law School and received his LL.B., later amended to a Juris Doctor, from that institution.
After completing law school, Redstone worked for the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. and San Francisco, and then went into private practice. After a few years in practice, he joined his father's theater chain.
Doesn’t sound like a liberal to me.

Maybe it is the advertisers that are driving the train. Yes? One of the largest advertisers is A T & T Do liberals mange A T& T? I think not. The CEO of ATT is Randall L. Stephens. Is he a liberal? Lets see:

Randall Lynn Stephenson, Jr. (born 22 April 1960 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma) is an American business executive.
Stephenson replaced Edward E. Whitacre, Jr. as chairman and chief executive officer of AT&T Inc. in 2007. He was senior executive vice president and chief financial officer of Southwestern Bell Telephone Company, which he joined in 1982. He was elected as a director of AT&T Inc. in June 2005. He also serves as a director of AT&T Mobility and Emerson Electric Co.
He holds a B.S. from the University of Central Oklahoma and an MBA from the University of Oklahoma.

You know those white male Oklahomans. Liberals to the man.

Well if it is not Viacom or their advertisers then who is it that is pulling the chains? There must be some liberals here somewhere. You know the ones. The ones who are selling a single parent agenda. Well it must be the audience. Could that be it? Those damn Americans. Voting for television programming with their dollars.

Now I know you will dismiss what I wrote but it is the real deal. They are called soap operas because they were used to sell soap.
By DanDaMan
Unwed mothers is it? Are you still at that?
Yes.
When half the children in the US are brought up that way I see it as a failing of society.
But then again I had a father.
A lot here did not so they have no clue or want others to think it did not bother them.

Here is another wonderful product of our Liberal society!
Kansas Couple Convicted of Pimping Woman's Daughter for Alcohol, Cigarettes

Friday, August 21, 2009

WICHITA, Kan. — A man and woman in Wichita have been convicted of sexual assault in what prosecutors called the prostitution of the woman's 5-year-old daughter.

Prosecutors said the 48-year-old mother allowed her male acquaintance, 51-year-old Reggie Stafford, to abuse her daughter in exchange for money for alcohol and cigarettes. Neither adult presented evidence in their defense before the case went to the jury.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,541 ... latestnews

@SpecialOlympian Stupid is as stupid does. If[…]

It is rather trivial to transmit culture. I can j[…]

World War II Day by Day

So long as we have a civilization worth fighting […]

My opinion is that it is still "achievable&qu[…]