Neo-Liberalism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Modern liberalism. Civil rights and liberties, State responsibility to the people (welfare).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Politicsfan123
Hey to everyone, i'm sort of new to taking a serious interest in Politics and there's still a lot that I've got to learn, my friends were discussing neo-liberalism and its impact on the nation state and i wasn't totally sure what they were going on about so I'd be grateful if anyone is able to help me with this.

I was wondering what the main aspects of neo-liberalism actually are, and some sort of explanation on what its impact on the nation state actually was.
By Negotiator
Depends upon what they talked really.

I know 3 different things that can be called "neo-liberalism":

1. Liberal economic theories that actively fight market power (like monopols and compareable mechanisms disabling competition). This is the academic use of the word.

2. A term for current economic politics, which are more or less loosely based on Monetarism, a specific and very mathematical neo-liberal economic theory, developed by Milton Friedman in the 1960s, implemented around the world starting with the 1970s, and the core economic ideology of Reagan, Thatcher, and other politicans of the 1980s.

These politics include destruction of worker rights and other deregulations, privatization of all public assets such as schools or railways, and so on.

3. Even more broadly, general politics that look like the one described in 2), i.e. destruction of the social state, less taxes, especially less taxes for the rich, less human rights etc.

All of humanity has a common ancestor, @FiveofSw[…]

Then how can settler colonialists become indigenou[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Western Think Tank who claimed otherwise before ha[…]

Hypersonic Weapons

Didn't Ukraine shoot down a bunch of Russian hype[…]